Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will be the most shocking single release?

Will there be an ITYS/MS surprise single release on BA? If so, which song?!

• See You Again

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Forever Changed

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Nobody Ever Told You

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Thank God For Hometowns

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Leave Love Alone

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Who Are You

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

thunder92

I voted for "Nobody Ever Told You." It's a good song, but it's just not single material in my opinion. I would also say "Who Are You" and "Forever Changed" would be big surprises if one of them or both of them were chosen to be singles...I love the songs, but Carrie has trouble singing "Forever Changed" because it makes her cry and "Who Are You" doesn't seem to be the biggest hit with most people. (Personally, "Who Are You" gave me chills.)

I feel the opposite. I think NETY is an okay song, but a great single lol
it still would be towards the bottom for me though

cole

I think Blown Away is a shocker in itself, just to country radio in general. But, I feel like if they release One Way Ticket, it will be a jaw dropper for sure.

AdrianAustraliaCarrie

Where do I start! I feel this thread has different meanings for different people. See for me I answered the exact question - I think the most likely choice for an unexpected single release would be Leave Love Alone! Especially after how much Carrie has been singing it lately, it's gonna be on the BA World Tour set list.etc! It would be unexpected because there's so many other songs you'd think would be picked first like OWT, WAW, GIG, 2BC and even DYTAM after GG/BA! I was very close to click See You Again on the vote but I feel now there seems to be a more single standpoint from Leave Love Alone to country radio now.

My choice to choose a single out of that list to release, as some here have, would be See You Again as the 3rd single! Like Tee, it's a soaring Carrie vocal song that would be a good release. It's also more likely to do a crossover to HOTAC/AC! Now that I've just watched Carrie's YouTube speakings of each song, it reminds me of a similiar, yet different, take on/of Who Are You, as such.

The songs I both see being not released and not wanting released would be NETY & WAY! I like them for what they are but that is all - not for single material. Even though every song from BA could be released, these are more so the album fillers. But in saying that, they aren't because they also have their place on the album - especially Who Are You!

So my vote goes to - LEAVE LOVE ALONE!
But I'd prefer See You Again released out of that bunch and overall actually as a single. I however would enjoy any other song listed released but they wouldn't be my specific picks. My singles list goes -

GG
BA
SYA
OWT
WAW
2BC

Wine After Whiskey could be replaced with Good In Goodbye & See You Again could be replaced with Leave Love Alone/Do You Think About Me! If they do go 6 singles deep and don't release 2BC, they should definately release one of the leftover of 2 of these 3 (See You Again or one of them to be the 3rd single) - See You Again, Leave Love Alone or Do You Think About Me to round off the album after WAW/GIG.

Whatever happens we have to respect Carrie's/the labels decisions (does Carrie pick the singles or just have recommendation/input?) like with Mama's Song from Play On! Whatever in release and in whatever sequence we will all accept and understand because we will find a good reason behind it and go with it - like with MS for Carrie! However we could be accepting a labels choice and will accept it as a business strategy, as a crossover strategy, as a season/time & place release because it's Carrie and all Carrie's songs are great and single quality!

I'd like to hear back on your opinions about my single thoughts. :)

I think Blown Away is a shocker in itself, just to country radio in general. But, I feel like if they release One Way Ticket, it will be a jaw dropper for sure.

Can you elaborate on this? A shocker? :/ OWT a jaw dropper?
Are you referring to BA's more mainstream-ness compared to country radio, how does this differ from GG? It's the way things go now and BA suits country better than GG does lol and GG still fits! Blown Away is gonna be epic!
One Way Ticket released will be awesome, it suits country down-pat and would be a great single - fun and upbeat for Summer! It may even fit a HOTAC release.

bs63093

Idk how it would go, I only know is that IMO the perfect aingle order for BA to be successful would be
1.GG
2.BA
3.GIG
4.TBC
5.LLA
6.WAW

The Nanook

Thank God For Hometowns, because I don't want another DFTRM, ITYS, MS-caliber song released as a single...

See You Again definitely is not one of the weaker songs on BA, in fact I think it's one of the stronger songs - especially as evidenced by iTunes. But I do have some doubts of it being a single though just because its lyrics and production aren't very country, in a different way that CC, UI, GG, etc. "aren't country." I think it's similar to Taylor Swift's "Enchanted" - which I think is one of her best songs ever (sonically), but its lyrics and production don't quite fit radio, and consequently it was never released.

Actually, another shocking single release would be Do You Think About Me, but I would actually love if that happened because I really like DYTAM. If Lady A can send American Honey to #1, Carrie should be able to send this to #1 too - and the lyrics to DYTAB are a lot less vague too haha.

Last edited: