Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which song is the countriest (in your opion) off of BA

Coutriest song off BA

• Do You Think About Me

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forever Changed

• Thank God For Hometowns

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Good In Goodbye

• Leave Love Alone

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Cupid Got A Shotgun

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Wine After Whiskey

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters

supercarriefan

I went with Cupid, but LLA, DYTAM, and WAW are all very country IMO. TGFH and FC are close as well. GIG sounds a bit more pop to me than the others listed for this poll.

Claire2004

I wanted to answer Cupid at first, but I went with WAW because I want to push and promote WAW as often as possible. :p

carriecountrystar

I wanted to answer Cupid at first, but I went with WAW because I want to push and promote WAW as often as possible. :p

In the beginning, I pegged WAW as one of the songs that would have the biggest chance of being released as a single but based on Carrie's comment on how she was only convinced to put WAW on the record seeing how those around her clamored for it- I feel like even TGFH has better chances of getting released than WAW. :(
Carrie hasn't performed WAW publicly yet (SWISLY, anyone?) while TGFH and NETY got sung in many places (reminds me of when MS was the golden song for Carrie).

bearball49

WAW is not necessarily my favorite country song on the album but I went with it because I have heard so much high praise about the song. I thought it might just show some that Carrie understands more traditional country as well as the contemporary she favors. Still wish you guys did not hate so on MS. It is still quite an honor to reach number two. We are so spoiled by her success that we forget how hard it is to reach number 1. For all of TS popularity and sales, she has only gotten something like 6 number 1's. Not trashing TS, just making the point. On a side note...after all of the talk about possible numbers manipulation for music, was really kind of shocked to read there was some of that going on so Garth's Memories Of You could open at number one. Thought it totally unnecessary for someone of Garth's stature and kind of a let down when I read it. Don't like to find out your heroes have feet of clay.

Carrieflattsfan

Lyrically, I'd go with TGFHT, but musically and lyrically I'd go with LLA.

WAW reminds me of a beautiful, classic county song.

BA, TBC, GIG, FA, WAW & WAY are "country" lyrically, in the sense that the stories are told in a way that screams country. Very narrative driven and emotional.