Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why aren't they promoting "Blown Away' the song??

MelissaD

Is it me, or does it kinda seem like they've dropped the ball on this one? She's performed the song on national television TWICE so far, and the video teaser was posted almost a month and a half ago. What gives??? :confused:

teesharky

I definitely feel like they waited an awful long time to release the song to radio after GG peaked. They waited an entire month before they sent the song to radio programmers. Usually- they set the adds date a month out, but radio gets the song early and starts playing it right away.

I am not sure why they wanted that gap between singles, as it felt like she lost some momentum from GG. Her album just came out and it feels way too quiet. Things should be hopping in a brand new album era, right? They should have capitalized on the momentum and buzz she got for GG hitting number 1, and sent out BA right away.

But that is just my opinion. lol Maybe they have something special planned other then the video?

teesharky

not sure. They definitely waited to send the song to radio for a reason....but it is hard to say what it was.

I was thinking they are trying to put distance between Carrie and Miranda's rising singles as radio never seems to allow two females in the top 5 at the same time. Sick and twisted, but true.

12russ79

The only backlash that happened were from people that already didn't like Carrie anyway.... Or from people that tried to twist her words to fit there own personal agendas... Those people have no bearing on her career or reality... Carrie went on a tremendously successful overseas tour that definatly put her US promo on hold for awhile... But that's about to change with the hype and promo of the video release...IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A EPIC SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER THEN A VIDEO...The song is already in the top 30 on the Country charts and soon to be much higher... There really is nothing to worry about... BLOWN AWAY IS ALREADY A SMASH.. And it's gonna be a MONSTER!!

Daraebe

I don't think she needs to be out promoting every single she releases. Yeah, the boast in sales for one week would be nice I guess but Carrie's team has had a plan all along and it will go the way they want and not fans. Heck, we hear complaints that other artists never leave the spotlight yet some want Carrie to be everywhere. We will get the promo on her teams schedule.

The thought that she isn't doing thing atm, is deceiving as she is likely doing more behind the scenes stuff than any of us are aware of. She has a tour to get ready for in just 2 months which is more taxing than I think most are aware of. Just because we do not see her doesn't mean she isn't doing something.

n8van2

CMA nominations are July 1-June 30 and they waited until July 9 to release the song...just a thought. Also, they are doing an ENTIRE PREMIERE for the music video. That's unheard of. So I don't know what you mean they aren't promoting it. Once the video comes out it will climb to the top of the charts and hang there until "Beautiful" is released as promotion for the release of "Music From Another Dimension"

JB172

The only backlash that happened were from people that already didn't like Carrie anyway.... Or from people that tried to twist her words to fit there own personal agendas... Those people have no bearing on her career or reality... Carrie went on a tremendously successful overseas tour that definatly put her US promo on hold for awhile... But that's about to change with the hype and promo of the video release...IT LOOKS MORE LIKE A EPIC SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER THEN A VIDEO...The song is already in the top 30 on the Country charts and soon to be much higher... There really is nothing to worry about... BLOWN AWAY IS ALREADY A SMASH.. And it's gonna be a MONSTER!!

For anyone that went away because of the issue, it also brought people in who were not on board before, so as you said it had no bearing.

Chuck, how awful was Scott's finish today? I felt bad for the poor guy but was glad to see Ernie win.

teesharky

You are likely right. Some of the haters trashed carrie for being a vegan.... Haha so that tells you they were never real carrie fans.

BA is gonna smash once the video drops. I think that is why I am so antsy from all this waiting. Lol. We waited soooo long for the album and then after one month of excitement it all shut down again for the summer so now we wait some more. Lol so now I officially hate spring/summer releases cuz you really only get one month of promo and then it is over.

Lol. My patience is just fried i guess. Lol

Pi314CA

CMA nominations are July 1-June 30 and they waited until July 9 to release the song...just a thought. Also, they are doing an ENTIRE PREMIERE for the music video. That's unheard of. So I don't know what you mean they aren't promoting it. Once the video comes out it will climb to the top of the charts and hang there until "Beautiful" is released as promotion for the release of "Music From Another Dimension"

It think that is the main reason. Also, Carrie had her London & Australia tour and her anniversary to celebrate. Meanwhile, the album sales have been steady at ~15k and track sales have been solid at ~20k to 30k for both GG and BA. Only six more days until the video premiere!

Kenny_Chisholm

I actually thought they are doing a wonderful job promoting the song. They are really trying to turn the song into a smash and are embracing it's epicness. No complaints here.

teesharky

Yes but the CMA rules say it can either be the date the song is first released to radio, or the date of its highest peak. That is why BHC waited until a year later to be submitted to the CMAS-- because it had not peaked within the eligibility period.

Same with Remind Me: It was released to radio before the CMA cutoff, but we believe they waited to submit it until this year instead of last year, as the rules say you can wait till it peaks.

liveasong

I think they will promote the hell out of Blown Away (the single & the album) in fall... where albums are selling like crazy :)

n8van2

Yes but the CMA rules say it can either be the date the song is first released to radio, or the date of its highest peak. That is why BHC waited until a year later to be submitted to the CMAS-- because it had not peaked within the eligibility period.

Same with Remind Me: It was released to radio before the CMA cutoff, but we believe they waited to submit it until this year instead of last year, as the rules say you can wait till it peaks.

Interesting. Did not know that. I guess I don't have an explanation for why they waited unless they were delaying it so it wouldn't compete with certain songs like someone said. I do still think that the premiere will create such an anticipation for the video that it will propel the single faster than we can imagine.

epicamends

Nate! I didn't even know you had an account here! :p

12russ79

For anyone that went away because of the issue, it also brought people in who were not on board before, so as you said it had no bearing.

Chuck, how awful was Scott's finish today? I felt bad for the poor guy but was glad to see Ernie win.

Jim I played in a minor corporate Tourney this morning myself so I just saw the ending in a corporate tent with a lot of other Golfers... But the general consensus is that as bad as everyone feels for Adam they are a Million times more happy for Ernie... And that's my opinion also... With all the issues that Ernie has had with his Autistic son... And all the time and effort he has put in to raise money to help find a cure... For him to grab the bull by horns and knock out another major 10 years since his last one is just phenomenal... Adam will have plenty of chances and he will win one in the future... But this one is very special for Ernie and I'm very happy for him... He is a class act!!!

JB172

Jim I played in a minor corporate Tourney this morning myself so I just saw the ending in a corporate tent with a lot of other Golfers... But the general consensus is that as bad as everyone feels for Adam they are a Million times more happy for Ernie... And that's my opinion also... With all the issues that Ernie has had with his Autistic son... And all the time and effort he has put in to raise money to help find a cure... For him to grab the bull by horns and knock out another major 10 years since his last one is just phenomenal... Adam will have plenty of chances and he will win one in the future... But this one is very special for Ernie and I'm very happy for him... He is a class act!!!

You missed some just ugly play by pretty much everyone but Ernie, I was very happy to see him and as you said he is class act.

litchfield93

Everyone is always second guessing Carrie's team...and they haven't failed her yet. Look at the date for the morning show stuff...Today Show...August 15. Rest assured that's not because she feels like getting up early that particular morning....they know much more than us. The label has to promote their people and they know Carrie will get her airplay without promotion now. They'll let the single crawl up the ranks slowly between now and then and then the push starts.

Pitocco

i have mixed thoughts here. Part of me thinks they thought GG would peak a lot sooner than it did, and that BA would be ready to go by album release (which is why she sang it at all those award shows). I think the hype was SO high for the single at that point, and it could have been a really good time to release it.

HOWEVER!! there is also another way i am thinking. It seems to me they're letting BA chill out a bit on the charts until it absolutely obliterates everybody (calm before the storm?) and to be honest, I think i like this better. Id rather Blown Away be on the chart a LOONG time rather than rise and fall quicker than an update could be published. Maybe theyre even trying for a year-end #1?? (thats be pretty sweet). Plus, maybe they wanted some pre-hype so that now they can have the bragging rights of "200 000+ sales before shipment of the single" and now they are gonna kick-start that hype again with the premiere?

Either way, this single run should be the most interesting of her career!! :D im exicted