Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why aren't they promoting "Blown Away' the song??

bearball49

It was kind of the same thing with GG and that sure paid off. They have a timetable and just waiting for the video to drop is promotion. Seems between the contest for the redcarpet premere for the video and the trailor, there is a lot of buzz. I like what I am hearing and am hungry for the video myself. I think once the video is released, you will see it start to move like a bullet. I anticipate this single having some real longevity and it is going to generate a media storm and people who seriously never heard of Carrie are going to check out the video to see what all the commotion is. Every day more people are listening to her. I see it on her BA performance from the BBMA as well as her tour and HGTA. People are commenting how they did not know who she was, but "that girl can SING". I like how her music is being called hybrid country. I think it was Jason Aldean and it is an apt description of both of their music as both are fearless with making some risky choices. He has expressed an interest to work with her and had she been free for his last colkabiration, it would have been Carrie instead of Kelly as she was tbe first choice. They are both so talented and gutsy, I think it would be EPIC. Dying to hear Beautiful as well.......our girl is going to have a pretty full schedule with lots of praise for her talent. She had better dust off her mantle as this song is going to be earning a statue or two! No worries, I think management does indeed have a plan.

maddkat

Staff member
What kind of promotion are we looking for?
When BA was released there were ads in the trade papers for a week+ , they're having a red carpet premiere of the video ( something I've never heard of ) and that was promoted on radio stations across the country for 2-3 weeks,and BA has had 2 high profile performances.Plus there's the Today show appearance coming up mid August.Seem like lots of promo for a second single.TH didn't really get anything when it was released after CC.

teesharky

True and with the summer rerun shutdown there are not too many tv shows left to promote on anyway.

I think I am just antsy for stuff to start happening again as it is too early in the album release process for it to be this dead. You are supposed to build up buzz and momentum after single one- not have huge gaps and dead zones where nothing happens.

Ann055

Carrie did have her overseas tour which was phenomenal! A lot of ppl from the UK & Australia are tweeting they can't wait for the video of BA. She took a little time off, well deserved, I must say! She's playing the Opry Aug. 4th, I think. She's got the songwriters series in Boston on 7/31. She's playing Today concert series Aug. 15th, I believe. The BA video premiere party is coming up Saturday night. We don't know if anything is happening with that Kenny Rogers collaboration. We've got the upcoming duet w/Aerosmith.

Carrie and her team have plans for Blown Away, I'm sure of it. We don't know what it is, but I'm willing to be patient and enjoy the ride!! I like surprises! :)

DaisyTweets

Everyone is always second guessing Carrie's team...and they haven't failed her yet. Look at the date for the morning show stuff...Today Show...August 15. Rest assured that's not because she feels like getting up early that particular morning....they know much more than us. The label has to promote their people and they know Carrie will get her airplay without promotion now. They'll let the single crawl up the ranks slowly between now and then and then the push starts.
Oh PLEASE don't say everyone! Most of the time I don't mind being lumped into an 'everyone' tag but this time I'm going to stand up for myself because it isn't EVERYONE that is second guessing Carrie's team! It's a select few and most of the time its the same ones constantly finding fault and saying the same stuff over and over and OVER again. It is the same few that put a damper on any joy we have celebrating all the GREAT and wonderful things happening in Carrie's career and for Carrie, by their constant 'what ifs' and 'only if this were done this way', etc.

No matter how loudly several of us shout the praises of Carrie's team and celebrate all the success, it gets drowned out by the few who most always see the negative and are sure to comment on it!!!

So, no siree, I am NOT apart of the 'everyone' you reference! Standing loud and proud for Carrie's team and for Carrie herself and all the success she and her team have accomplished!!! And I'm looking forward to many many years of wonderful things and SUCCESSFUL things for Carrie.

PS. Just had to add when I read the first post in this thread, I said to myself really???? Really lack of promotion? I'd say a video premiere and radio contest is pretty big promo and outside the box thinking promo. When is the last time you heard of any artist doing this????

Last edited:

bigbluegrl23

Why would they spend money heavily promoting the song when it's flying? It's promoting itself. The major promo will come soon and later in the run. Not hard to understand haha
becca

Marv

I don't see a lack of promotion either; the radio station contest to determine the 'Blown Away' video premiere station hostcertainly screams promotion.

On top of that, the period of time which elapsed between 'Good Girl' going recurrent at Country Aircheck & 'Blown Away' debuting on the Country Aircheck/Mediabase chart was a mere 14 days, a release pattern which has been very routine at country radio for longer than Carrie's been alive.

If you count up the stations which added 'Blown Away' to their playlists two weeks before the July 9th 'going for adds' date, there were 22 of them which couldn't wait, including several format heavyweights.

Face it folks--this astonishing song didn't really need any over-the-top promotion; just put it out there, and watch radio eat it up. Not quite Chesneyesque, but pretty cotton pickin' impressive nevertheless.

Mirasa45A

Carrie is a megastar, she does not need much promotion -- the label wants to save money.

Note: even when Carrie was vacationing in CANADA peddling in a lake, she got media coverage :):):)

Pi314CA

I don't see a lack of promotion either; the radio station contest to determine the 'Blown Away' video premiere station host certainly screams promotion.

On top of that, the period of time which elapsed between 'Good Girl' going recurrent at Country Aircheck & 'Blown Away' debuting on the Country Aircheck/Mediabase chart was a mere 14 days, a release pattern which has been very routine at country radio for longer than Carrie's been alive.

If you count up the stations which added 'Blown Away' to their playlists two weeks before the July 9th 'going for adds' date, there were 22 of them which couldn't wait, including several format heavyweights.

Face it folks--this astonishing song didn't really need any over-the-top promotion; just put it out there, and watch radio eat it up. Not quite Chesneyesque, but pretty cotton pickin' impressive nevertheless.

Nice post, Marv! Perhaps some Carriefans are expecting a meteoric rise for Blown Away. An extremely fast rising song moves up the chart with daily gains of 300k-400k AIs. A very good rate is 150k-200k AIs per day as that translates to 1 to 1.5 million AIs per week. But this is CARRIE UNDERWOOD... okay, I get it. Blown Away is actually gaining AIs are a great rate, better than most if not all her previous songs. Here is a tabulation of the daily AI gains for Blown Away over the week and a half:

7/23: 848k
7/22: 808k
7/21: 64k (due to panel change,tragic event)
7/20: 625k
7/19: 684k
7/18: 530k
7/17: 445k
7/16: 797k
7/15: 570k
7/14: 687k
7/13: 427k

These numbers indicate a "Blown Away" tornado coming. :)

opry051008

True and with the summer rerun shutdown there are not too many tv shows left to promote on anyway.

I think I am just antsy for stuff to start happening again as it is too early in the album release process for it to be this dead. You are supposed to build up buzz and momentum after single one- not have huge gaps and dead zones where nothing happens.

Yes you are, so cut it out. lol.

countrymusicfan15

CMA nominations are July 1-June 30 and they waited until July 9 to release the song...just a thought. Also, they are doing an ENTIRE PREMIERE for the music video. That's unheard of. So I don't know what you mean they aren't promoting it. Once the video comes out it will climb to the top of the charts and hang there until "Beautiful" is released as promotion for the release of "Music From Another Dimension"

I think it's based on the song's peaking on the charts though, not the release date.

MelissaD

Hmm. Touché. All of you have made valid points for the most part. I'm just impatient I guess. I really want more live performances of the song. and of course I'm dying to see that video as well.