Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why so many negative reviews?

carrieluv8507

Is anyone else concerned about the number of negative reviews for Blown Away that are floating around? I am baffled. Blown Away quite literally blows the past 3 albums out of the water (and I LOVED all of those!) I've always been a huge Carrie fan, so maybe I'm biased, but I think Blown Away is a far better release than Miranda Lambert's (love her) and Taylor Swift's latest releases, yet so many of these reviews keep mentioning that Blown Away doesn't live up to the expectations, nor does it surpass Four the Record or Speak Now. I really thought the general public would go wild over this new album, but if AP and Washington Post are any indicator of the reaction most people will have of Blown Away, I am very worried! Are we so in love with Blown Away because we're huge Carrie fans or is it because it truly is an AMAZING album? Maybe I should just stop reading reviews all together, because half of them make Blown Away sound like it will be a complete flop.

epicamends

No. There's been maybe a handful of negative reviews, and even more glowing reviews. That's normal, for any artist. Reviewers have their biases, and the harshest reviews so far have come from people who made it clear they never had any intention of actually giving Carrie a fair shot.

Some critics hold Carrie to an impossibly high standard that, for some reason, they don't hold other artists to. The comparisons are, unfortunately, inevitable, but they do seem to be a bit over-the-top right now.

Still, I actually think BA is becoming Carrie's best-reviewed album so far, right up there with CR.

At the end of the day, don't let a critic tell you what to like or not like. I was completely blown away when I heard the album, and I still am. The opinion of some critic is not going to change that.

JB172

Every album from (insert whatever artist) is going to good reviews and bad reviews that is just the way that it is.

cole

I'll admit I am a little nervous....I wasn't expecting 'mixed' reviews. I wanted positive ones :(

bearball49

Do you really care what anyone thinks? I want it to do well for Carrie, but if she had terrible reviews, I would still maintain it to be her best album thus far and play the heck out of it. Please don't let critics ruin your enjoyment of tbe album. We have just as much right to an opinion as the critics do....orobably more......we are actually buying the lbum.

nccountrygal

It just baffles me that we can get a really good review that says this is Carrie's best work and the material is exceptional and then get another review that is the complete opposite. I don't understand the extremes. It's like these people were listening to two different ablums. Anyways, I really don't care what the reviewers say because I do love this album and I am one of those who thinks this is Carrie's best work to date.

Also, I just want to add if we get another review that mentions Miranda I am going to throw something at my computer! lol

Louisa

I let the bad reviews bother me, but I shouldn't. I love Carrie and I'll always support her, I don't think I'm being biased in any way. Blown Away is truly an amazing album that surpasses all of Carrie's previous work. She has done herself proud with this album. It's unfortunate that some people aren't keen on the album but what can we do? I say it's best to ignore all the negative comments and just enjoy the music that Carrie has given us. :)

Lstname89

It just baffles me that we can get a really good review that says this is Carrie's best work and the material is exceptional and then get another review that is the complete opposite. I don't understand the extremes. It's like these people were listening to two different ablums. Anyways, I really don't care what the reviewers say because I do love this album and I am one of those who thinks this is Carrie's best work to date.

Also, I just want to add if we get another review that mentions Miranda I am going to throw something at my computer! lol

My thoughts exactly.. Can't Carrie just be Carrie?

pklongbeach

LEt's not step out on that ledge.
It is simply our lot in life to be following an aritst who is compared to her own tremedous success.
Everybody, without exception, has finally accepted that Carrie is an exceptional vocalist. Remember that even this was not true that long ago.
comparisons to "expected material" form others only means that Carrie is doing something unexpected. And it sets reviewers off.
Carries performances and the life these albums take on always prove the critics wrong. And this will to.
Read some of the nice ones if you don't have the stomach for the harsh ones.
But don't believe for a minute that it is all hate.
it most certainly is not.
We have now seen one reviewer cut and past an ugly review right on to his own.
So we know for a fact they are not listening.
Oh well.

liveasong

Well thank God Carrie is Carrie, because I don't like Lambert. :)

Carrie Underwood's storm is clearly blowing away the house that built Miranda. T___T

supercarriefan

The reviews aren't that bad overall.
Um, majority of the time Miranda has been mentioned in the reviews is when a few have suggested that CGAS reminds them in some ways of Gunpowder and Lead. I've read most of the reviews and I haven't seen any writer compare the two singers to any great degree. Honestly, I've seen Carrie and Miranda compared more often on this very board in the last year than I have in any of the reviews from the past week lol. The two women are completely different artists...people can love them both.
As for Taylor, there was one review that said Taylor's songwriting was more mature than Carrie's, but that's just one review. Who cares? It's one person's opinion. Again, I've seen far more comparisons between the two ladies here at CF than in any review.

hjj

Yeah Shawn here in Tampa is a pop critic loves both Taylor and Miranda. You can count on him to trash anything Carrie does. Probably the couple in Texas will also be critical. I think BA and TBC makes the album superb, only a couple I could do w/o.

Louisa

Hi, guys! Album reviews are starting to pop-up on Amazon.com. They are quite positive so far. :) (I apologise if this is posted in the incorrect place).

More of the same top notch music from CU:

Mark it down, Two Black Cadillacs will be a #1 hit. Could be 2-3 others from this album but that one for sure will make it to the top. If you've liked what you heard before you'll like this as well.

AMAZING <3:

Carrie Underwood done her best from this album. So, this really is her best album to date and i'm glad we Carrie fans don't have to wait to hear it or wait to own it any longer.

You'll Be Blown & Carried Away By The Beauty Of This Album!:

Wow! This is a fantastic fourth CD release by the fourth season Idols winner & country music superstar Carrie Underwood titled 'Blown Away'. She thinks it's her best album yet and I agree : wonderful 14 track compositions (she co-wrote eight of fourteen tracks in 'Blown Away' CD), incredible production by Mark Bright (beautiful multi-layered melodic musical instruments) & great vocals. Carrie Underwood, a native of Oklahoma sings about small town living, fragility of life, love & more in this release. You'll be 'Blown Away' by this album, she is really on top of her game. The album has a good mix of up-tempo tracks as in "Good Girl", "Blown Away", "Nobody Ever Told You" & "Cupid's Got Shotgun", ballads as in "Two Black Cadillacs", "Forever Changed" & "Wine After Whiskey", the 'edgy/hunky-tonky' as in "One Way Ticket" & "Leave Love Alone" & mid-tempo tracks as in "See You Again", "Do You Think About Me" & "Good In Goodbye". Stand-outs/gems/solid tracks include "Two Black Cadillacs", "See You Again" (wonderful harmonies), "Do You Think About Me"(great banjo guitar sound), "Forever Changed" (wonderful orchestral/piano base track), "Thank God For Hometowns" (beautifully layered base track & melodical guitars), "Good In Goodbye", "Wine After Whiskey" & "Who You Are" (this is my favourite track from this incredible CD with 8 stand-outs out of 14 tracks). Great tracks include "Good Girl", "Blown Away", "Nobody Ever Told You", "One Way Ticket" & "Leave Love Alone". Okay track is "Cupid's Got Shotgun" for me.

On overall, Carrie Underwood has released an incredible fourth CD that will blow you away (compositions, production & vocals). She needs to creat space in her house for accalades & awards that may be on her way following this release. A well deserved 5 star performance & a highly recommended CD listening!