Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CU8

rangers73

fans Are saying if Carrie would have released Burn instead of Ghost Story she would have better results for the album I disagree because streaming numbers for Burn 🔥 have not hit 2 million if fans would have streamed it more she might have realeased it

CU4ever

I second Crazy Angels as the lead single. Not only is it a total jam, but it would have been a perfect, fun lead single and bridged My Savior to a fun album really well symbolically.

Ghost Story is the definition of an album track

PRGuy79

I second Crazy Angels as the lead single. Not only is it a total jam, but it would have been a perfect, fun lead single and bridged My Savior to a fun album really well symbolically.

Yes, and if you're going to release THE ONLY song your artist didn't write on the entire deluxe collection, it had better be extra special. And it wasn't. Which begs the question: "What message are you sending when you select the only song NOT written by your artist as their lead single?" It implies that the best material is created by someone else. We know this isn't true!

CU4ever

Yes, and if you're going to release THE ONLY song your artist didn't write on the entire deluxe collection, it had better be extra special. And it wasn't. Which begs the question: "What message are you sending when you select the only song NOT written by your artist as their lead single?" It implies that the best material is created by someone else. We know this isn't true!
And in a similar vein, HMH likely only got released as a single because of Hardy co-writing it. So two not great single choices, and two choices that didn’t reflect confidence in Carrie’s writing

countrymusicfan15

I heard Crazy Angels at Dave & Busters last week! It was a nice surprise and sounded amazing!

angeliccarrie

Crazy angels would have been the best choice regardless of songwriting. A good song is a good song, I don't care who wrote it.

HMH is good too, but it's more of a concert song. It's too "loud" for radio.

FanSince04

I was doing some thinking. Here’s where my thoughts have guided me.

UMG Nashville can’t be the worst label if they have many country artists that are doing well. Yes, many of those artists are male. We also know how country radio and country music treat women. I think we have to consider CCA and WME when attempting to place the lackluster era of D&R solely on UMG Nashville.

Carrie is still a huge ticket item. Her tours sell out, her residency is still thriving (I disagree with Vegas being a place where washed up artists go), she continues to be sought out for duets, and her performances makes waves for her vocal ability and showmanship.

Therefore, it must be accepted that she is prioritizing family. Mike is supportive but there is truth that he probably doesn’t want her touring and working 365 days simply because she can and would. Obviously, she adores her garden and the time she has to watch her boys grow. These factors seem to take precedence and that’s ok!

The concern about her age is realistic. I also think, if she wanted to, she could release music that would be massive. Would country radio accept it… maybe not, but I guarantee UMG Nashville would promote the hell out of it. This leads me to my next point. Promotion needs to be increased for Carrie in the streaming department, but OOTT was a step in the right direction. For promotion to work to its full potential, Carrie will need to work the interview circuit and be present. I don’t see this happening at the moment. UMG Nashville can only work with what they have such as recycling older videos and sending them out every now and then.

CU4ever

Is it unlikely that MG and MS counted as a part of Carrie’s album deal with UMG? In light of Miranda’s deal with both Republic (UMG), but Big Loud (for radio promotion, I think), I wish Carrie could sign one similarly.

just really wish Carrie could sign with a label with a strong radio team, unlike UMG’s who has a weak team.

Hil

I'm not getting into disagreements about how much she wants to work or not, but she's doing Vegas, and promoting an album wouldn't take up any more time than Vegas would. Not every album needs a huge tour. Of course I would love one so I'd get the chance to see her, but I get it if she doesn't want to travel as much. I don't need her to be Shania, just hope she make something closer to Storyteller so radio will want to play it. I hope her people do a better job of promoting it this time. ALL OF THAT BEING SAID, as much as I want her to do things because I'm still a massive fan after almost 20 years, and as my favorite singer I'll always want music from her...i want CARRIE to be happy and do what SHE wants to do and make the music she wants to make. I've loved every single album she's ever given us. ALL OF THOSE THINGS CAN BE TRUE.

Last edited:

Zach1998

I was doing some thinking. Here’s where my thoughts have guided me.

UMG Nashville can’t be the worst label if they have many country artists that are doing well. Yes, many of those artists are male. We also know how country radio and country music treat women. I think we have to consider CCA and WME when attempting to place the lackluster era of D&R solely on UMG Nashville.

Carrie is still a huge ticket item. Her tours sell out, her residency is still thriving (I disagree with Vegas being a place where washed up artists go), she continues to be sought out for duets, and her performances makes waves for her vocal ability and showmanship.

Therefore, it must be accepted that she is prioritizing family. Mike is supportive but there is truth that he probably doesn’t want her touring and working 365 days simply because she can and would. Obviously, she adores her garden and the time she has to watch her boys grow. These factors seem to take precedence and that’s ok!

The concern about her age is realistic. I also think, if she wanted to, she could release music that would be massive. Would country radio accept it… maybe not, but I guarantee UMG Nashville would promote the hell out of it. This leads me to my next point. Promotion needs to be increased for Carrie in the streaming department, but OOTT was a step in the right direction. For promotion to work to its full potential, Carrie will need to work the interview circuit and be present. I don’t see this happening at the moment. UMG Nashville can only work with what they have such as recycling older videos and sending them out every now and then.
The last #1 her imprint had, happened over a year ago. And even then was restricted to a Mediabase only #1. I wouldn’t really consider that being everyone else doing great.

If UMG was going to promote the hell out of her material. Where was that promo during this era.

abbeyjones18

Is it unlikely that MG and MS counted as a part of Carrie’s album deal with UMG? In light of Miranda’s deal with both Republic (UMG), but Big Loud (for radio promotion, I think), I wish Carrie could sign one similarly.

just really wish Carrie could sign with a label with a strong radio team, unlike UMG’s who has a weak team.
I would imagine if it wasn't part of her regular deal, an imprint would've been listed. The Capital logo is the only one on both albums. Considering that both albums had songs that were pretty old hymns, both projects were probably pretty affordable to make, even though I don't think that would've been an issue.

lizcarlo

I agree, she definitely needs a more country sounding album next time.
I don't want her to recreate My Savior. That proves she can make a scaled back production with country sound. I would love for her to do country sounding album. I have always enjoyed everything she has released. Yeah would love album with some co writes that have elements or are traditional country. There are different sounds she can do.