Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Grammy Predictions: Best Female Country Vocal Performance...

Claire2004

2011 Grammy Predictions: Best Female Country Vocal Performance goes to Miranda Lambert or Carrie Underwood

Our countdown to the 2011 Grammy Awards, to be held Feb. 13 at Los Angeles' Staples Center, continues today as we turn to country, a field that continues to baffle Grammy voters.
Best Female Country Vocal Performance

“Satisfied,” Jewel
“The House That Built Me,” Miranda Lambert
“Swingin’,” LeAnn Rimes
“Temporary Home,” Carrie Underwood
“I’d Love To Be Your Last,” Gretchen Wilson

The Grammys are notoriously out of step when it comes to the country field. Occasionally they get it right, but that seems almost more by accident than by knowledge.......
If we go totally on vocal prowess, former best new artist recipient/"American Idol" winner Underwood wins, but Lambert’s delivery on “The House That Built Me,” which also had the bigger buzz since it is up for both song and record of the year, is so heartfelt and touching that a win may be undeniable.

Winner: “The House That Built Me,” Miranda Lambert
2011 Grammy Predictions: Best Female Country Vocal Performance goes to Miranda Lambert or Carrie Underwood - HitFix.com

undrwood9098

At least they're taking TH into consideration.

I'm not getting any hopes up again, though. As I've said before, with the ACMs and their stupid crap, I'm done with getting hopes up to only get them shattered to smithereens again.

Zman312

LOL no kdding Carrie's the best vocalist. All Miranda has going for her is that one freakin song so of course it's going to win. She's the flavor of the month. Give her anything else to sing and it can barely crack the top ten.I'm not being mean here I'm just giving facts.

LOL, I sadly agree with you! Miranda's career high running so high is because of this song and I will be shocked if she loses! For some reason many people can't see how beautiful TH is! Geez, I guess people relates more to their actually home that metaphoric "temporary home"....lol

I love the fact they aknowledged that Carrie is the BEST VOCALIST!

allirishgirl

LOL no kdding Carrie's the best vocalist. All Miranda has going for her is that one freakin song so of course it's going to win. She's the flavor of the month. Give her anything else to sing and it can barely crack the top ten.I'm not being mean here I'm just giving facts.

thats what we like :D

abbeyjones18

I disagree with the article...Miranda's vocal is decent. The song in itself is great...well-written, but her vocal doesn't live up to it. That's why TH should win...Carrie's vocal lives up to the emtions of the song...it's like she's feeling it, where Miranda's vocal isn't feeling it at all, in my opinion...

DaisyTweets

I loved to see the digital sales for both songs. I saw some figures on Pulse earlier today and now I can't find it again but I was surprised to see that THTBM wasn't over 1 million yet and TH had sold more!

I think that Carrie is going to win!

abbeyjones18

I loved to see the digital sales for both songs. I saw some figures on Pulse earlier today and now I can't find it again but I was surprised to see that THTBM wasn't over 1 million yet and TH had sold more!

I think that Carrie is going to win!

The Grammy people always seem to award Carrie when others don't...it's kind of interesting, actually, in my opinion...even Carrie doesn't win, she still has 5...lol...

chevrolet

Song of the Year and Record of the Year awards are seldom given to country artists unless the music was epic or by the Dixie Chicks. THTBM was not epic so.....

Best Female Country Vocal Performance could go to Miranda just to award her with something and end the Carrie win streak for this award.

I know, that stinks.

teesharky

There is nothing that will stop the Miranda Lambert train right now--- because Carrie's own label is voting against her. They will vote against her again at the Grammys this year.

Miranda will sweep everything, and Carrie will be left with nothing once again.

It is very clear which way the label support is going. Carrie needs to leave this label.

teesharky

Song of the Year and Record of the Year awards are seldom given to country artists unless the music was epic or by the Dixie Chicks. THTBM was not epic so.....

Best Female Country Vocal Performance could go to Miranda just to award her with something and end the Carrie win streak for this award.

I know, that stinks.

The Carrie streak was ended last year by Taylor, sadly.

Carrieflattsfan

I wouldn't give up hope yet!!!

The Grammy's have always LOVED Carrie, and I think they respect her talent too. TH is a beautiful song with an emotional vocal to match. I don't think they care about the religious tones, because they rewarded JTTW a few years ago. If the award is based on vocal PERFORMACE, they would see Carrie as the clear winner. She's got the emotion & perfect vocals; everything that makes up an amazing vocal is here.

But if they want base the award off lyrics/popularity THTB will win. Based on the vocal performance, Carrie deserves it (this is a FEMALE VOCAL AWARD), but if it's based off appeal/popularity, it Miranda's award to lose.

I do LOVE THTBM, but the emotion is not as strong in the recorded performance. Carrie just elevates this song to something incredibly special, which says something to me. It's hard to say which way the voters will be swayed though.
For one thing, most people didn't even seem to catch the deeper religious meaning of TH- but THBM is obvious in its universal message, which could give Miranda the edge.
Heck, after they fell asleep and rewarded WH over the most heartfelt gem of Carrie's ENTIRE career, they have no credibility in my mind. :D

carriecountrystar

I'm guessing the winner will be by a close margin. just ONE vote may throw it off. Seeing how the label is pushing for miranda-I wouldn't be surprise if it's their card that throws off carrie.

gocountrymusic

I do believe the Miranda's song has the best chance of winning, BUT I believe the ONLY song that has a chance of beating is indeed Carrie's, so I still have hope.

abbeyjones18

There is nothing that will stop the Miranda Lambert train right now--- because Carrie's own label is voting against her. They will vote against her again at the Grammys this year.

Miranda will sweep everything, and Carrie will be left with nothing once again.

It is very clear which way the label support is going. Carrie needs to leave this label.

The Grammys are voted on by many people, not only the country people...at least that is my understanding of it...

epicamends

I'm not holding my breath, but I do remember that the Grammys often award different artists than the country award shows. For example, "I Told You So" took home last year's Grammy award for country vocal performance, whereas it was snubbed at both the ACMs and CMAs by "Hillbilly Bone," a song that doesn't even come close to the masterpiece that is ITYS.

undrwood9098

I'm not holding my breath, but I do remember that the Grammys often award different artists than the country award shows. For example, "I Told You So" took home last year's Grammy award for country vocal performance, whereas it was snubbed at both the ACMs and CMAs by "Hillbilly Bone," a song that doesn't even come close to the masterpiece that is ITYS.

Side-note, but they're seriously milking the crap out of "Hillbilly Bone". It got an ACM nod for Best Music Video -- didn't it win Musical Event LAST YEAR at the ACMs?! Ugh, the song is over 1.5 years old, so why is it there?! Ri.di.cu.lous.

epicamends

Side-note, but they're seriously milking the crap out of "Hillbilly Bone". It got an ACM nod for Best Music Video -- didn't it win Musical Event LAST YEAR at the ACMs?! Ugh, the song is over 1.5 years old, so why is it there?! Ri.di.cu.lous.

Yep, it won musical event/collaboration at both the ACMs and CMAs last year. I really don't understand it, as the song is not award-worthy at all, IMO.