Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Grammy Predictions: Best Female Country Vocal Performance...

m.chill99

Did anyone notice that no one cheered for TH when they were announcing the nominees? It got all quiet and a little pity clap and a VERY excited cheer. And a HUGE cheer from me:) but I wasn't there:p

abbeyjones18

Did anyone notice that no one cheered for TH when they were announcing the nominees? It got all quiet and a little pity clap and a VERY excited cheer. And a HUGE cheer from me:) but I wasn't there:p

Yeah, I did noticed that...but it was quite for everyone, in my opnion...not a ton of cheers to go around...

Carrieflattsfan

I may be in the minority, but I liked Miranda's performance. It was refreshing to see someone give a more subdued performance after there was so much flash/hype built for the pop & rap performances.
She did seem very nervous, and it wasn't the best vocal, but she did well for it being her first time. Plus, a lot of people watching (and audience members) probably had their first introduction to Miranda last night, and that's an incredible amount of pressure.

Yes, she's had better performances, but she's not the first to let her nerves get the best of her. THTBM is one of my favorite songs, and I think it deserves all recognition, and I think Miranda took a risk in releasing such a song to otherwise stale country radio.

I've watched several interviews of Miranda talking about the meaning of the song, and she does show emotion/connection to it when discussing what it means to her. Sometimes it can probably be difficult to get through your first performance on the biggest all-genre awards show, while trying to get in character/mental state to be connected to a performance.

We all know how nervous/stiff our girl was on Idol; she's had plenty of time on all kinds of big stages, and she's grown so much. I think we will see a similar transition with Miranda.
I think she's proven be a good vocalist, and she's also a fantastic writer. Even though she's average, she doesn't have to use gimmicks/autotune to sell her talent. Not everyone is going to be a powerhouse vocalist, either. A lot of singers who write their own music are often fantastic writers, but have average voices (ever heard of a "songwriter voice?"). I think that's what Miranda has, but she does well with what she has, and her songwriting more than makes up for it.

Also, Miranda seems more comfortable performing upbeat songs; I would think the combo of inexperience/average vocals/nerves did her in.
But THTBM is a gorgeous song, and I was happy to see Miranda win. She seemed so humble in her acceptance speech, and she looked beautiful during her performance I thought.
[/

PS- Tee, could you be anymore negative?? Seriously, cheer up!

pruds

All I know is TH deserved more recognition then it received. I will admit I did like THTBM.

Congrats to her and at least Miranda can sing and has talent

I do believe the rumors of the label as to me it seems pretty obvious

abbeyjones18

At least TH got noninated...that's why the Grammys are among my favorite award shows...they seem to respect/nominate Carrie (and others) when their own format (country music) does not...

Pi314CA

I may be in the minority, but I liked Miranda's performance. It was refreshing to see someone give a more subdued performance after there was so much flash/hype built for the pop & rap performances.
She did seem very nervous, and it wasn't the best vocal, but she did well for it being her first time. Plus, a lot of people watching (and audience members) probably had their first introduction to Miranda last night, and that's an incredible amount of pressure.

Yes, she's had better performances, but she's not the first to let her nerves get the best of her. THTBM is one of my favorite songs, and I think it deserves all recognition, and I think Miranda took a risk in releasing such a song to otherwise stale country radio.

I've watched several interviews of Miranda talking about the meaning of the song, and she does show emotion/connection to it when discussing what it means to her. Sometimes it can probably be difficult to get through your first performance on the biggest all-genre awards show, while trying to get in character/mental state to be connected to a performance.

We all know how nervous/stiff our girl was on Idol; she's had plenty of time on all kinds of big stages, and she's grown so much. I think we will see a similar transition with Miranda.
I think she's proven be a good vocalist, and she's also a fantastic writer. Even though she's average, she doesn't have to use gimmicks/autotune to sell her talent. Not everyone is going to be a powerhouse vocalist, either. A lot of singers who write their own music are often fantastic writers, but have average voices (ever heard of a "songwriter voice?"). I think that's what Miranda has, but she does well with what she has, and her songwriting more than makes up for it.

Also, Miranda seems more comfortable performing upbeat songs; I would think the combo of inexperience/average vocals/nerves did her in.
But THTBM is a gorgeous song, and I was happy to see Miranda win. She seemed so humble in her acceptance speech, and she looked beautiful during her performance I thought.
[/

PS- Tee, could you be anymore negative?? Seriously, cheer up!

I agree with your post. And as the first time for Miranda on this type of stage... how in the world can she be considered for EOTY??? She definitely was nervous and maybe with this performance she has gained more appreciation for what Carrie has accomplished. Carrie's stage presence and stellar performances have been forged in the red-hot heat of the A.I. fire by being in front of 30 million people weekly. Miranda is not ready to headline a tour. She needs to open for a big star for a few tours first.