Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 CMT Awards- Vote for Carrie!

Michael Reid

CMT loves to spread the love. Kane Brown and his wife, didn’t win Collab video… I don’t know why I didn’t see it earlier. Their Collab should have won over Lainey. That’s probably what happened. So instead Lainey and Hardy win Collab, KB and KB win Video and Carrie is left in the dust….

Michael Reid

I also wonder if the fact, it moved from CMT to CBS, if they need to swap the winners up cause otherwise a national TV award show would have the same winners every year. Unlike a cable award show, they can do it without rigging.

another thing I just noticed most of the winners were new artists(under 2 years)

Lainey, Jelly Roll, Cody Johnson, Hardy, Megan Maroney, Katelyn Brown

Zac Brown surprisingly won an award, unlike them but finally something. Then Kane Brown, with his wife (half new)

I don’t see how all the above winners have already stronger fan bases, to vote on fan awards, than established, artist and legends.

Smokyiiis

But he had votes there. I saw them. I hardly saw any Carrie votes on facebook. That's an exaggeration, but I would see tons of his, but hardly any Carrie.
I was voting on FB AND the website. Website stopped me after I don’t even know how many votes on one of my emails.

adam1995

CMT's never really meant anything to me, lol. I can't take them seriously, they don't mean what the ACM's used to mean. They aren't a good replacement on CBS in my opinion. This is all regardless of Carrie wins or not.

But yeah, Jelly Roll (whoever he is) didn't legitimately win anything.

Zach1998

The only way I think Lainey won female is if too many people focused solely on VOTY and not both. I truly believe had they not pulled that Facebook spam sh*t yesterday that Carrie would have won. If you’re FB account gets locked after 100 votes why is that the most economical way for us to vote.

Zach1998

A different note, seeing Carrie present Darius Rucker’s performance reminded me how natural she is at hosting. Especially after seeing Kane and Kelsea host. Made me really hope she returns to host the CMAs this year.

LilUnderwood

I’m still annoyed that Facebook locked so many people out! Like why have people vote there if you are going to lock people out so ridiculous!

Side note about Megan Moroney: she has a huge following on social media and actually has an EP and some other songs out in addition to a new album coming out in May. I tried to get tickets to see her in nashville and it sold out on presale day (granted she is doing small venues) but I wasn’t surprised she won because she has a big online following.

adam1995

I’m still annoyed that Facebook locked so many people out! Like why have people vote there if you are going to lock people out so ridiculous!

Side note about Megan Moroney: she has a huge following on social media and actually has an EP and some other songs out in addition to a new album coming out in May. I tried to get tickets to see her in nashville and it sold out on presale day (granted she is doing small venues) but I wasn’t surprised she won because she has a big online following.
Yes, she won for a great song too. Plus, it was the biggest of the bunch it was nominated for, so not sure why it'd be an issue that she won. But again, Jelly Roll over Bailey Zimmerman felt fake.

The Nanook

Besides Carrie it seems none of the big/current A-list country music stars showed up last night. Given that her performance was pre-taped and that she didn't win anything, in hindsight Carrie could have sat this one out too. Of the artists that did show up, many had to perform several times to take up performance slots and it seemed they had to bring in even more non-country artists than usual.

Also a bit ironic that Carrie's best music video in a long while is the one that doesn't win VOTY. But again, it's never been about the video and Kane's song is a much bigger hit and he's got a big fan base as well.

CU4ever

Yes, she won for a great song too. Plus, it was the biggest of the bunch it was nominated for, so not sure why it'd be an issue that she won. But again, Jelly Roll over Bailey Zimmerman felt fake.
I agree. I don’t see a way jelly roll won that award at all. And the same applies to FVOTY too, because if one award seems suspect, then all of them are in question