Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 CMT Awards- Vote for Carrie!

Zach1998

I do think there’s a chance Kane actually won, looking at all the Facebook comments. I have a better time believing he actually won over HARDY/Lainey. I wonder if they stopped counting their website votes (cause I voted over 5,000 times there today.) Still don’t know how certain I am about FVOTY.

oh well there’s always next year.

CU4ever

I’m sorry but what happened to Carrie’s fans? We make it to top 3 and then get shut out for the first time in ages? FVOTY doesn’t sit right with me

liz278

West coast time, I guess I don't have to watch it now. I'll just watch Carrie's performance on YouTube.

Reactions: Hil

Hil

I’m sorry but what happened to Carrie’s fans? We make it to top 3 and then get shut out for the first time in ages? FVOTY doesn’t sit right with me
I'm not sure I believe Laiiney won, but every now and then I'll see people say they didn't vote much for female, but they're going to for Video. Also, why didn't I see tons of Carrie fans voting on facebook?! i don't even use facebook, but made two accounts lol . Also, I don't trust the random website where you can't see how many votes someone got. It's a way for them to give it to whoever. It seems like with twitter we knew when she won. There was some guy on here who would tell us who had the most votes lol they couldn't lie then. Not saying they're lying now, Kane always does well with votes, but we gonna have to do well on facebook too.

liz278

My one complaint, they restricted after a certain amount of votes for many Carrie fans, but I am reading that they didn't count our votes on the website?
It really seems like they wanted Kane to win. Yesterday on the CMT weekend show, they did this "fun" game called chicken s**t bingo. The chicken picked Kane winning VOTY.

Hil

My one complaint, they restricted after a certain amount of votes for many Carrie fans, but I am reading that they didn't count our votes on the website?
It really seems like they wanted Kane to win. Yesterday on the CMT weekend show, they did this "fun" game called chicken s**t bingo. The chicken picked Kane winning VOTY.
They did it last year with puppies. I can't remember who they picked, but it wasn't Carrie.

CU4ever

facebook restricted our accounts so we couldn't vote #rigged
They also didn’t let us use Twitter this year… but the thing is? I doubt Kane had fans on Facebook. He’s younger so losing Twitter (younger audience) should have hurt him too. It seems rigged , all around

• Love
Reactions: mbh

Hil

They also didn’t let us use Twitter this year… but the thing is? I doubt Kane had fans on Facebook. He’s younger so losing Twitter (younger audience) should have hurt him too. It seems rigged , all around
But he had votes there. I saw them. I hardly saw any Carrie votes on facebook. That's an exaggeration, but I would see tons of his, but hardly any Carrie.

CU4ever

But he had votes there. I saw them. I hardly saw any Carrie votes on facebook. That's an exaggeration, but I would see tons of his, but hardly any Carrie.
So it seems most Carrie fans must be accustomed to voting on Twitter then? Why would they get rid of Twitter all of a sudden? To me, that was an effort to rig things. I know KB has fans, we are often close with him but we always win. Something strange happened this year. Carrie is CMTs.

Hil

So it seems most Carrie fans must be accustomed to voting on Twitter then? Why would they get rid of Twitter all of a sudden? To me, that was an effort to rig things. I know KB has fans, we are often close with him but we always win. Something strange happened this year. Carrie is CMTs.
They were def trying to switch it up. Also I saw no way to count votes. I feel like there's always been a tiny bit of a fix. I mean, Miranda has beat Carrie before for female. I just don't think she can beat her for a fan voted award. It's hard for me to believe. I'd really need to see those receipts to believe it. I guess we can say we got lazy that year? But there has always been the theory that they spread the wealth a bit. Carrie did win three one year, but that rarely happens. I guess what I'm saying is I've always thought there was a bit of vote fixing, but now with facebook it seems like they want to control VOTY too. There's absolutely no way for anyone to say who won or who didn't. Twitter was more fun anyway. It was fun to get it trending etc. Voting on facebook was NOT FUN AT ALL and it felt void and pointless. Next year we just all have to try our best. Hopefully it will be good enough. :)

On another note...None of the awards shows are fun anymore. I hope Carrie and Brad go back to hosting. I really enjoyed the show and didn't care so much about all the nonsense when they were hosts. Carrie for three hours is a reason to watch any show lol She's a great host... and her dresses ....all the skits...and her voice lol

CU4ever

They were def trying to switch it up. Also I saw no way to count votes. I feel like there's always been a tiny bit of a fix. I mean, Miranda has beat Carrie before for female. I just don't think she can beat her for a fan voted award. It's hard for me to believe. I'd really need to see those receipts to believe it. I guess we can say we got lazy that year? But there has always been the theory that they spread the wealth a bit. Carrie did win three one year, but that rarely happens. I guess what I'm saying is I've always thought there was a bit of vote fixing, but now with facebook it seems like they want to control VOTY too. There's absolutely no way for anyone to say who won or who didn't. Twitter was more fun anyway. It was fun to get it trending etc. Voting on facebook was NOT FUN AT ALL and it felt void and pointless. Next year we just all have to try our best. Hopefully it will be good enough. :)

On another note...None of the awards shows are fun anymore. I hope Carrie and Brad go back to hosting. I really enjoyed the show and didn't care so much about all the nonsense when they were hosts. Carrie for three hours is a reason to watch any show lol She's a great host... and her dresses ....all the skits...and her voice lol
I agree on all accounts. In my opinion, there was a fix all around. It makes no sense the move to Facebook. Twitter is infinitely more used and popular than Facebook is. Facebook is sort of the past so the decision to move to there is even more perplexing. I’m sure they liked getting to lock accounts too, something they couldn’t do on Twitter…
And say what you will, but Lainey Wilson (yes, I like her!) and Hardy is not more popular than Morgan wallen. If we like him or not. Yet he got shut out the video of the year. My point? There seems to be a fix there… I’m sorry but I just can’t see a world where Lainey wins female. And our first loss night in ten years? Something happened. Did we get lazy? I don’t know. I know a lot of fans maybe didn’t know much about this era; but to me it’s just so strange.

but also yes. I don’t like award shows anymore. I used to love them. Wait all year for each one and then be super sad when they were over. But tonight’s was a boring mess. Kelsea didn’t do the best job hosting and the performances were mostly bad. And so boring. Carrie and Brad made these shows so much fun.

Reactions: Hil

Hil

Morgan's fans don't vote. They're lazy free streamers lol That being said, how did Jellyroll beat Kane and others? Like, he has that kind of fanbase? I just don't buy some of these things. It feels like payola lol It feels WEIRD.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Morgan's fans don't vote. They're lazy free streamers lol That being said, how did Jellyroll beat Kane and others? Like, he has that kind of fanbase? I just don't buy some of these things. It feels like payola lol It feels WEIRD.
Yeah… Bailey Zimmerman has literally been known for being a very social media interactive artist and his fans being such too. Yet jelly roll beats him? Jelly roll who had one song that was pretty low impact? None of these wins make any sense.

ChoctawCountyAffair

I think the problem with these award shows is that they are so freaking long. No one wants to watch a 3 hour show. Cut it in half, have a few performances, less commercial breaks. Even when Carrie hosted, i only watched the first monologue, her performance and whatever award she was nominated for. For me 3 hours is too long. But also i am the kind of person that can't even watch a 45min episode of any series because i feel like i should be doing something else