Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 CMT Awards on April 7th, 2024

CU4ever

First round of performers today and yesterday, no Carrie.

I honestly doubt she goes to this. Seems she is skipping every award show during her between album break. Fingers crossed she’s working hard on new music!

liz278

I read somewhere on Twitter that someone had a meet and greet and they asked her if she was going and she said no. I don't remember the person who said this but I think I believe this.

Plus this is another of those shows that in the fine print you see that they can decide who wins. So if she doesn't go I really don't think she will win because she isn't there.

rcramer

Well the show is not worth it anyway….. but since they can pick the winner, why waste the time…..

Sad but most all of the award shows are like that now…… WME had to try and kill Carrie’s dominance, especially fan driven ones, because her fan base is just that fierce…..

rangers73

The CMT awards are boring 🥱 I’m so sick of Jelly Roll every time that man opens his mouth I get sick 🤢 to my stomach can’t forget Bunny I wish he would move on

CU4ever

I didn’t watch, but I am seeing that, i guess since Carrie didn’t go, they removed her from the nomination. Jelly Roll won the award but Carrie was not included in the nominees. Yikes, these awards have fallen off. Especially with the switch in voting from Twitter to Facebook.

I don’t think this is like VOTY with finalist rounds, either.

FanSince04

I didn’t watch, but I am seeing that, i guess since Carrie didn’t go, they removed her from the nomination. Jelly Roll won the award but Carrie was not included in the nominees. Yikes, these awards have fallen off. Especially with the switch in voting from Twitter to Facebook.

I don’t think this is like VOTY with finalist rounds, either.
She is listed as a nominee on the live updates.

Zach1998

I guess they only announced the nominees that were in attendance? I read Dierks was nominated too, but his name wasn’t read.

As for the show. Idk, I couldn’t be bothered to turn it on, just seeing tweets. Happily surprised Lainey didn’t make it to VOTY’s Final cutoff. Hope either Kelsea or Cody takes it.

maddkat

Staff member
what I don't get is why CMT seems so bent on promoting mostly d/c/d listers who will never be more then that.
that whole show was pretty much devoid of star power.

Zach1998

Just didn't feel like anyone noteworthy performed. Plus, didn't forget how they changed voting to be on Facebook only last year, and allowed unlimited voting the final day, which felt a little slimmy, and caused Carrie not to win (which might have been the intent of doing so.) Anyways, none of the artists anymore feel like they have moments with their songs like Carrie did. Just so boring to watch.

CU4ever

^^ I agree. They knew Carrie won every single year so they changed it to a way she couldn’t win. There’s no other reason for it. They wanted other, new generation people to win. Seems like everyone at the show last night was the new generation, even if they aren’t even popular

liz278

It was nice to see Carly get an award. Although I wonder how many of the awards were actually awarded to the artist who got the most votes. The integrity of the show is shot.

Does anyone know what the ratings for this show was?