Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

55th ACM Awards

gagacasanova

When I tell y'all I let out a full blown SHRIEK...

I honestly don't even care if she had to share it. I am chalking this one up as a total win. We've been manifesting this for several years and it finally came to fruition.

The first female to win it twice (and consecutively) and now the first to win it three times. Love to see it.

carrieidol1

This will go down as one of the most historical moments in ACM history and Carrie gets to be the headline.

I think it’s kinda cool. Sure, kinda stinks she’s sharing it - but it makes for a great story down the road.

In the end, it’s her 3rd, first industry voted, and it’s 2020... it fits. She’s happy to share it with Thomas, might as well join the optimistic side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Josh

Like you guys, I'm not sure how to feel, yet super happy she won. I feel like they gave the recognition to please the fans and to balance what happened at the CMA's. Plus, she's deserving of it after all she's done. I don't mind it at all, and would love if Carrie and Rhett would use this opportunity to make a duet, as it's probably historic for the ACM's.

jimshoe

Another thing we have to remember she got to give the last acceptance speech so we know who the main winner was!-)

DaisyTweets

I would just like to point AND remind people that yes, indeed there was fan voting for Carrie's prior 2 EOTY awards. BUT the fan voting was only a portion of the vote total. There was also industry and ACM voting members in the total.

Zach1998

I’m a little conflicted with this. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy she won and also don’t have any hate toward TR, but really? You couldn’t just give this one to her and only her? Hope she takes it home at the CMAs solo.

DazzledByCarrie

On a happier note: it’s been 10 years since she last won EOTY. For some reason that just really warms my heart. Nothing demonstrates what a powerhouse of the industry you are and what a legend you are becoming like still being named the top artist in the genre a decade later.

I’ve been thinking about her career lately in comparison to other women who were once considered the best of the best in country music, and her staying power is just amazing. I really believe she is going to be talked about as a true legend one day in the way Reba and them are currently.

Josh

The shared award is great. It's a good sign I think. Thomas Rhett is a strange pick, but having a unique moment like this is just a beautiful thing. No need to be nasty or politicize it. That's something that I feel ruins country music. Just appreciate the iconic performances and the historic win. Carrie will win the award solo after her next album, hopefully. And, her fans will always root for her.

I specifically noticed how she mentioned all of the nominees in the category, similar to the AMAs...I am telling myself it is because of Garth's lack thereof lol. Her outfit when she got the award was a serve too! She looked fierce...and she seemed happy too with her little speaking clip the ACMs posted. I just still feel so odd about the tie...like this is a top of the top award show, not a Kindergarten sports game. I need to chill out though and just be happy she won at all.

CU4ever

I think CMAs will follow suit. Carrie often must be second place missing winning by a hair and they will want to correct their mistake IMO.

Josh

The campaign for Carrie isn't dying anytime soon. I do believe she has an amazing decade coming. Things won't always be the same, but I know Carrie will win in some way or the other. Whether at awards shows or sales or in just making amazing music.

For some weird reason, I feel so at peace with this win. I just regained my faith in her career and even the industry, even with this shared win. I feel so relieved lol.

CU4ever

Also have to say how Carrie’s speech made me love her ten times more. She’s such a class act and it was so kind of her to shout out every other nominee. She didn’t have to do that (cough Garth cough), but she did it anyway. Respect for this well deserved award!

jaymiee

Still so confused but I am so happy she broke the record for 3 wins!

I feel like this could either go 1 of 2 ways: The label continues to fight and push for her awards in the coming years or this was their way of awarding her and basically being done with her...i don't think the CMAs will give Carrie this award honestly

Hil

I feel at peace with this too. I was kinda annoyed and excited for a good ten minutes, but then I realized she did win, and I'm just so proud and happy for her. Proud of the gracious way she handled it, and happy because no one deserved it more. HOPEFULLY CMA's will make sure she gets this.