Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACM 2011 - who shall we vote for!!

bigbluegrl23

Ok, i know some of you are choosing to not vote/watch this show, which by all means, you certainly have no reason to. BUT for those of you choosing to vote, should we all collectively choose to vote for one person? we are a HUGE fanbase, if we all choose to vote for one person, we could get it for them. I would say Keith or Brad but we can decide together. Some may not want to do this and i understand but im just curious if there's enough people who would want to do this. thought itd b an interesting discussion.
becca T

lilstar

Well, I'm boycotting the show--but I can still vote without watching!! First off, i am going to E Mail in everyday my "write in vote" for Carrie !! they will probably block me at some point. I think that we wanted to do something about CMA's but couldn't because Carrie and Brad were hosting. But see??--It happened again!!-They got away with it , and it will continue if we don;t do something-and the only thing that could affect them is ratings!!--About show voting--I love Keith and Brad. I think, this year, with the huge tour and all--Brad has the edge over Keith.Sorry to be like this but I am not a fan of Miranda or Taylor. I'm for the one who can beat them!!I would it if we all pledged to vote for the same person !!---Thanks for trying to help with this situation !!

selby46

I am voting for Keith. However, I agree with the write in vote. Maybe there is a way to get our point accross via emails, letters, etc. We need to find a way to show the academy that we want to be able to send in a write in vote and Carrie will win!

I'm all for Brad or Keith. I've seen Keith in concert a couple of times and he's amazing, I have yet to see Brad, but I've heard nothing but good things.

I'd also be for Jason, simply because that would completely out of left field, plus he knows how to put on a good show.

teesharky

I am boycotting the show too.

I will vote for Brad and/or Keith. Love them both. Neither has screwed Carrie over, so they got my vote.

carrieismy1idol

I'm Watching But Not Voting I Just Can't Because Of Carrie & Rascal Flatts's Snubs,But I'm Rooting For Brad & Keith Either One Of Them Will Take ETOY.

Last edited:

carrieultimate

I will vote for Brad because he and Carrie seem to be close friends and even though I might be upset with the way the politics have shifted the award's show I still want to see Brad win the award.

And plus I'm too afraid too see Taylor win this award and then all outsiders of country music see that as she is still loved by the country music world. I really just don't want to see Taylor win this award at all! (That problem could have been solved by her not getting nominated in the first place!)

Carrieflattsfan

I will probably watch a few performances, but NOTHING could ever convince me to vote for another artist. Just as the CMA's cleared the category for Brad, they're doing the same at the ACM's. I think it's wrong, and extremely unfair. They didn't nominate the current winner because they clearly didn't want her to win. Anyone who plays those games won't get my vote.

cpeTN89

I am voting for Jason. I do not think he deserved to be nominated just yet especially over out girl. But I do love Jason and seen him last summer OPEN for kenny chesney and he was absolutely incredible. I like Jason a lot and think it would be funny if he was to win. It is highly unlikely but it would totally throw things off for the industry because I think they just put him in there to fill a spot to block carrie out. I know he his lable did not have a huge impact because Broken Bow is such a small label compared to the others. I love Jason and just think it would be so funny to see him win and the industries reaction lol. So Jason has my vote. I love keith and brad as much and they deserve it but Brad is who the they want to win. Hope all that makes some sort of since! LOL

cpeTN89

Also I am only tuning in when Carrie performs, assuming she does. If the ratings skyrockets just when Carrie performs and then go back down afterwards, it will show them how wrong they were on so many levels.

hjj

I think that if anyone wins other than Taylor it will tell us how weighted the fan votes are compare to the academy. I don't think Brad has that big of voting fan base but I could be wrong. Keith is great and Toby is also and both have a great voting fan base. I'm not sure how Jason is but I do think his fan base is young so probably good too so it may prove to be interesting.

teesharky

If Taylor wins, that shows the industry vote is not strong, and the fan votes are much more weighted.

If Taylor loses, and Brad wins, then the industry vote means more.

Clearly, the industry is backing Brad. I just hope it is Brad, and not Miranda, they are backing right now-- as that is way too much, too soon.

robinannhunt

I think that if anyone wins other than Taylor it will tell us how weighted the fan votes are compare to the academy. I don't think Brad has that big of voting fan base but I could be wrong. Keith is great and Toby is also and both have a great voting fan base. I'm not sure how Jason is but I do think his fan base is young so probably good too so it may prove to be interesting.

I also think it is set up for a SWSRN win.

bigbluegrl23

i hope for miranda's sake that she doesnt win bc no one will take her winning seriously and she'll get incredible backlash. and its not her fault people voted for her.
becca T

pklongbeach

Now that we have heard the news that it was actually Carries label that submitted for Miranda to take the slot and not Carrie, I am back on the voting-bandwagon.
And with this new info I will be voting Brad.
TS is still too much of a pop singer for me to take seriously (and I would have only voted for her to screw with the ACM.) But now that I know they are not the ones behind this fiasco, I will vote to support Carrie which is a vote for Brad! As everyone knows that!

Jade_kt

I wish we could all bet on this. Don't you guys remember the CMT awards? With Miranda, Lady A and Blake fans Miranda won the female video award against TS. Unless that's all behind the scenes politics as well. Maybe no fan voted award is really fan voted in country music.

Carrie fans voted for Miranda too at the CMT. I know I did at least.

Carrie Country

I'm voting for Miranda.......I just became a fan of hers and have never had this chance to put all my support at an awards show behind her before......and for those saying they're boycotting the show......uh why just because our sweet Carrie isn't nominated?.....no matter what it's going to be a very entertaining show.......a great night of music!!!!!!