Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACM Adds Women, Men to Girls' Night Out TV Special

cassie2

Staff member
CMT : News : ACM Adds Women, Men to Girls' Night Out TV Special

The Academy of Country Music (ACM) has added three women -- and quite a few men -- to its Girls' Night Out: Superstar Women of Country -- The Concert of the Year television taping at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on April 4. Plus, all five of the honorees will perform during the show.

The Judds and Loretta Lynn have joined the concert's all-star lineup, along with Jason Aldean, Ronnie Dunn, Vince Gill, Rascal Flatts and Blake Shelton. As previously announced, the television special salutes the achievements of Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Carrie Underwood and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles.

Throughout the concert, each presenter will perform a solo and occasionally duet with their honoree. Duets include Dunn with Nettles, Rascal Flatts with McEntire and Gill with Underwood, as well as special performances by Aldean and Shelton, with more to be announced.

mandoelin

Cool but I wish the duet was with Ronnie Dunn. Their voices would be so good together! Plus, we already have Carrie singing with Vince. :)

Zman312

wait a minute, wait a minute: are they not honoring Taylor! I would definitely be shocked. Because if they are honoring Miranda... This very telling!!!!

ALSO VERY HAPPY THAT IT'S Mr. Gill as he is very much a Carrie fan!!!

supercarriefan

This is going to be such a great show! I'm even more excited to watch it now. Can we assume that Vince will be doing more than just providing harmonies for Carrie? I love Vince, and it's been far too long since he has actually done more than provide harmonies for other artists.
I'll be interested to hear how a Reba and Rascal Flatts duet plays out. They wouldn't have been my top choice to duet with Reba.

epicamends

So is this special basically going to be similar in style to the CMT Artists of the Year thing, but with only women as the honorees?

Kizmet311

So is this special basically going to be similar in style to the CMT Artists of the Year thing, but with only women as the honorees?

I don't think it will be as small and intimate at the CMT thing. Think back to the Brooks & Dunn special, the George Strait special that the ACM's have done before. I think it will be like that. It's something the general public could get tickets too, as I think it is also held in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand. So, I think it's production is more award-show style than the intimate gathering of the CMT Artists of the Year with the table seating and such.

This is going to be such a great show! I'm even more excited to watch it now. Can we assume that Vince will be doing more than just providing harmonies for Carrie? I love Vince, and it's been far too long since he has actually done more than provide harmonies for other artists.
I'll be interested to hear how a Reba and Rascal Flatts duet plays out. They wouldn't have been my top choice to duet with Reba.

They aren't mine either, but w/e. Should still be good.

I'm shocked that Ronnie and JNett are dueting - now THAT should be an interesting pair. I don't know why they aren't adding Kristian though (well I sorta do). What would really make this great for me - Add Kristian and forget TS.

Kizmet311

I'm shocked that Ronnie and JNett are dueting - now THAT should be an interesting pair. I don't know why they aren't adding Kristian though (well I sorta do). What would really make this great for me - Add Kristian and forget TS.

But it's GIRLS night out. :) They are just honoring Jennifer. Had something to do with writing "Stay" I think.

Kizmet311

Oh, and if you notice - TS is not being honored. :D There are only five ladies being honored - Carrie, Reba, Miranda, Martina, and Jennifer.

Oh, I can't wait to see this! I'm liking the choice of duets so far too! and performers in general!

Just an fyi- Reba and Rascal Flatts have done duet before. It's on Reba's duet album and it's called 'Faith In Love'

DaisyTweets

I'm not looking forward to the 'special performances' by Jason Aldean and Blake Shelton. This is supposed to be honoring the women, not giving the newest act of the day a performance slot!!!

So VERY excited to see what Carrie & Vince are going to do. I too wish for a performance of Look At Me. But I'm really hoping she does that on Sunday night for the actual ACM show.