Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Considering Adam Lambert as Judge

Claire2004

American Idol Considering Adam Lambert as Judge

EOnline is reporting that American Idol is considering Adam Lambert as a permanent judge:

“They have been talking about Adam for over a month,” a source exclusively tells E! News. “He personifies the show, and will be a popular choice right from the start. He knows what it’s like to be on the receiving end of the judges’ comments, he has a human touch, and they know they can’t go wrong if they bring him on. He would be able to bring a unique perspective to the show. People love him.”

Complete article: American Idol Considering Adam Lambert as Judge (REPORT) | Adam Lambert, American Idol | mjsbigblog

maddkat

Staff member
Lol, the show has really jump the shark now
I hate to tell them ,but I do not love him.

hjj

I don't like Adam either. He may be personable but he would not be my 1st choice.

HuiZ

For real? He doesn't have enough experience/success post-Idol to give good and credible advice, imo.

hjj

I think this is a rumor. I think it may be time to pull the plug on all the talent shows. I think X-factor would benefit immensely if AI did go away. When I watched X-factor last yr it just seem to be a flamboyant clone of AI. AI still is the best in my book but they are all tiring.

nccountrygal

I agree I think the judging this year was better than last year on Idol. Also, Adam would certaintly not be my choice for a judge for the show. If Jennifer does not come back as a judge I do hope they get a female to replace her. I think you need at least one female judge.

JB172

Whoever the judges are people are going to b!tch and cry about it anyway, it's the same thing every year "poor (whoever) gets picked on every week and over pimped (whoever) never gets anything thing negative said about them" and the rest of the blah, blah, blah that goes on, personally I don't give a crap who the judges are.

Fox is going to still run the show out when the only "show" that it has lost to in total ratings over the last 10 years in the ratings powerhouse that the NFL is.

supercarriefan

Whoever the judges are people are going to b!tch and cry about it anyway, it's the same thing every year "poor (whoever) gets picked on every week and over pimped (whoever) never gets anything thing negative said about them" and the rest of the blah, blah, blah that goes on, personally I don't give a crap who the judges are.

Fox is going to still run the show out when the only "show" that it has lost to in total ratings over the last 10 years in the ratings powerhouse that the NFL is.

I agree! Idol fans have been whining about the judging for years. They complained when it was Simon, Paula, Randy, then they complained about Kara. Ellen really got some nasty comments during her judging stint. Of course, Steven and Jennifer weren't immune to the whining either.
I do agree with the person above that said the judging was better this season than last. At least Jennifer was trying to be constructive at times.
Idol is still a ratings phenom after 11 seasons. The fact that they were able to pull in over 15 million people for three hours of programming a week is incredible. Most shows can't even get those kind of ratings for one hour per week :p.

I don't know how I feel about Adam as a judge. On one hand, he is well-spoken, knowledgeable and would be able to relate to the contestants on a different level. On the other hand, I don't think I want to see any former Idol sit on the panel. I think if Adam were to take the seat (and that's a big "if" because he claimed in an interview this morning that he hadn't been asked) he could sway the voting because his fans are so dedicated to him that they would just vote for the contestants he praised the most. That is the risk they run with placing any well-known Idol on the panel. However, it would be a great way to sway the public toward a less predictable winner ;).

I think that Randy needs to just call it quits on Idol. He has done 11 seasons, and his critiques are often the same old thing he has been saying since day 1. He has also taken on the Simon role to some extent in the past two seasons, and it doesn't work for him. I know he has the musical knowledge to critique the Idols intelligently, but he doesn't use it.
My fear is that instead of getting three people that would actually give critiques to help the contestants, they are just going to get three big names to sit in the chairs. I would love to see someone like Jennifer Holliday on the panel; she has the knowledge and the experience to offer advice that would be helpful, plus she is an amazing vocalist.

maddkat

Staff member
Whining about the judging is part of the game/fun.Like yelling at refs at a basketball game.
What I don't like is having to see the judges perform ...badly lip synch on a singing show ...every other week like it seems we have to do with Jennifer.And what I fear if they add Adam along with Jennifer will be even more self promotion of the judges.

Pi314CA

For real? He doesn't have enough experience/success post-Idol to give good and credible advice, imo.

Exactly! What a joke. Judges need to have proven success over an extended period of time AND provide helpful comments.

sco

I like Adam but I agree with some of the other comments that he hasn't been around long enough. Even Carrie with all her success I wouldn't think has been around long enough. I like both Jennifer and Steven but they are too hesitant to say anything negative.

Marie2011

AI needs a judge that isn't afraid to give constructive critism, somebody who doesn't show favoritism towards a particular constant, and a person that has been in the music business for a while (longer than 10 years at least) and is still successful in the music business.