Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Idol Season 11 Live Shows

JB172

Jessica is rumored to be singing the anthem before the NBA Finals game tonight, the game starts at 9 Eastern on ABC so if anyone wants to see it my guess is that it would be between sometime after 8:45.

supercarriefan

^^I don't think Jessica singing the anthem at the NBA game is a rumor. I think she tweeted something about it a few days ago.
According to MJ's, Phillip finally got his surgery and is now at home resting up for tour. He is still set to make the tour opener the first week of July.
Woohoo for Idol's 10th anniversary! I remember watching when Kelly Clarkson walked into that audition room...it's crazy to see how things all turned out. Congrats to everyone at Idol and to the Idols themselves for making it the biggest singing competition out there.

supercarriefan

Apparently, Kelly isn't singing the anthem at Game 2. It was a rumor. Sara Evans is singing the NA.

Jessica met Lil Wayne at the game last night, and she looks stunning the pic so I thought I'd post it. She is a very beautiful young lady. She is making lots of connections at these events. A few celebs tweeted about how much they liked her take on the anthem.
b4f066bcb58511e1aebc1231381b647a_7.jpg

Claire2004

[h=1]Siobhan Magnus Calls Out Simon Cowell: “He didn’t care…It was offensive”[/h]
Ah ha ha ha. Siobhan Magnus totally calls out Simon Cowell for sleep walking through her season of American Idol in a recent interview with a Branson radio station. The sixth place finisher was a finalist on Season 9, Simon’s last before he quit to mount X Factor for FOX.

While Season 8 Idol, Alexis Grace (She and Scott Savol were part of the interview, promoting their six week residency at the Andy William Theater) Siobhan describes a very different experience.

“I was on the last season that had Simon,” explains Siobhan. “And it was so obvious to us that mentally, he was already moved on to the next show.”

Siobhan explains futher, “He was not present for us. He didn’t care. He wouldn’t even watch the show most of the time! He’d be sitting there leaning back and puffing his cheeks out like ‘Am I done yet?’” Siobhan looks at her watch to illustrate Simon’s boredom.

“It was offensive,” Siobhan reveals. “It was really hard.”

She then goes on to recount how all of Simon’s critiques of her were about her clothes.

Simon’s horrible attitude during Season 9 is not news to Idol watchers. But it’s interesting to hear how the contestants who had to endure his bad attitude felt about it. Siobhan used the pronoun “we” often enough to indicate there were other cast members who share her opinion.
Siobhan Magnus Calls Out Simon Cowell: "He didn't care...It was offensive" | Ace Young, Alexis Grace, American Idol, Diana DeGarmo, Siobhan Magnus | mjsbigblog

Siobhan's statement about Simon begins at 2:12:

supercarriefan

Good for Siobhan for stating what Idol viewers thought all along. It's unfortunate that the Season 9 contestants get blamed for ruining the season, yet there were several other factors that really didn't help the situation at all.

JB172

MJ lighting up Mark Burnett is very funny.

The Voice Executive Producer Declares a "New Era" After Idol Emmy Snub | American Idol, The Voice | mjsbigblog

Seriously duuuude. I’d wait to see how your 3rd cycle of The Voice pans out so soon after it aired in the Spring. Ya’ll couldn’t beat American Idol in the ratings, even after that phony assist from the Superbowl.
And mark my words. Mark Burnett is a guy who is an expert on idiots willing to eat bugs for fame, but knows nothing about the music business. I’ll eat my arm if The Voice EVER produces a star of the caliber of a Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry etc. They’ll be lucky to produce a William Hung.

bigbluegrl23

The fact of the matter is YEARS from now, when the reality tv era/competition era is studied in media classes, Idol will be the main one/probably only one talked about.
Becca

JB172

The fact of the matter is YEARS from now, when the reality tv era/competition era is studied in media classes, Idol will be the main one/probably only one talked about.
Becca

He is doing a awful lot of talking for someone whos first winner was a two time dumped from their label who was dumped again after his first album coming off the show tanked and one of their front running contestants this past season was a AI reject who didn't even make the Top 24.

When "The Voice" has been on for 11 years and has actually produced someone who makes an impact on the music world then he can talk right now he needs to shut up.

bigbluegrl23

He is doing a awful lot of talking for someone whos first winner was a two time dumped from their label who was dumped again after his first album coming off the show tanked and one of their front running contestants this past season was a AI reject who didn't even make the Top 24.

When "The Voice" has been on for 11 years and has actually produced someone who makes an impact on the music world then he can talk right now he needs to shut up.

It kinda blows my mind how much talking The Voice has done since it begin. It's like "ur not idol, you never will be so why not focus on making ur own impact?" for a bunch of professionals, they are so childish. Really turns me off that show.
Becca

supercarriefan

So much ego from Mark Burnett. He needs to shut his mouth for now. He can brag all he wants if his show can be at the top of the ratings for a decade, consistently have over 20 million people watch, and if the show can manage to create a mega-star winner. The Voice does a whole lot of trash talking about Idol, but they don't have the credentials to back them up. Idol is the top singing show, and will forever be the ultimate show in the format. The Emmys have always been about the latest fads in television. Lots of great programming doesn't get nominated because the Emmy voters have a really short memory that tends to favor the newest material most of the time.

opry051008

I'm gonna cut him some slack because I feel he needs to brag now while he has the chance. lol. X-factor will stomp all over the Voice next season and if the Voice could loose almost all of the audience that they gained from the Superbowl, I doubt they'll ever catch Idol now matter how much audience Idol loses.