Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else think "Oklahoma Wind" would've been perfect on Blown Away?

allamericangirl8

By the way, on topic, I not only think OW would've fit on BA, but I also think NK would've fit, and both would've been better choices than NETY or TGFH. NK and OW are seriously two of the best songs I've ever heard from anybody ever. I just wish a demo of NK would leak if Carrie doesn't plan on dealing with that song anymore.

Pitocco

I think it would be competely awesome if she sung it for the Blown Away tour. I imagine a big, MASSIVE production for the song Blown Away, and at the end there's a bunch of thunder and wind and stuff, and eventually it all quiets down and she whispers out a beautiful accoustic Oklahoma Wind. I think it would be chilling!

Caitlin2010

I love all the songs on Blown Away, don't get me wrong, but to be honest... I'd replace NETY with Nobody Knows and add Oklahoma Wind as a bonus track or something. Would've been perfect.

_luvqry

By the way, on topic, I not only think OW would've fit on BA, but I also think NK would've fit, and both would've been better choices than NETY or TGFH. NK and OW are seriously two of the best songs I've ever heard from anybody ever. I just wish a demo of NK would leak if Carrie doesn't plan on dealing with that song anymore.

I agree... I love both OW and NK. I believe NETY seems like a filler for some critics and as hard as it is to read I can understand when they say BA would be a better album if a couple songs were left out.

Having said that when I saw Carrie performing NETY live I kinda got the feeling she chose this song for being the AAG of this album.

AIgrl06

I'm in love with Blown Away, but if I'm being 100% honest, there are a lot of songs on there that I would replace with Oklahoma Wind. This is why I don't like thinking about it, lol.

Claire2004

^^I would replace NETY with OW. After I've listened to the album a million times I find myself skipping NETY a lot lol.

supercarriefan

I wouldn't replace any of the songs on BA because Carrie took so much care in selecting those songs for this very special project. She obviously believes in this album wholeheartedly. If she had really wanted to include OW, she would've, but she didn't.
Again, let's enjoy the amazing music from BA, and move on from OW (and NK).

pkc4rls

I wouldn't replace any of the songs on BA because Carrie took so much care in selecting those songs for this very special project. She obviously believes in this album wholeheartedly. If she had really wanted to include OW, she would've, but she didn't.
Again, let's enjoy the amazing music from BA, and move on from OW (and NK).

I tend to agree. Partly I agree because OW is gone and no use worrying about it. I mean there are lots of good songs. In the end, it is Carrie's album and if she does not want the song or like it to the degree some fans obviously do, it is not going to be on an album no matter how upset people get over it. Again, there will always be another song, which includes very excellent ones. There will always be songs fans wish were on there that are not Carrie's choice as being the best.

CarrieFaninAZ

I do still long for OW sometimes, but in the end I just am glad to get the songs we do have. It's nice that we will always have the demo, but there is always going to be a small part of me that hopes as Carrie gets into the later years of her career, there will be less of a need to put out material that is completely fresh and she will record it to reward all the fans who want it so desperately. I know it costs money to make a song, but I think a nice acoustic version she just releases on her website would be nice one day.

Jae

Hey Allamericangirl8, what is it you're pm'ing people? The demo of Oklahoma Wind with someone else singing or with Carrie singing?

ydumarp

I'd like to hear the demo of OW too. Can anyone PM the link to me? I've been searching everywhere and haven't found it yet