Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else think "Oklahoma Wind" would've been perfect on Blown Away?

Jae

allamericangirl8 said:
Prepare to have your mind blown.

Hey, thank you. I appreciate that very much. [I tried to reply to you in PM but your inbox is full.]

It's funny, when all the chatter was originally going on just after the demo leaked I somehow had not ever gotten around to listening to it. Great song, great melody. I can see why she wouldn't include it on this album, though. You really cannot have two songs referencing the wind/storms in Oklahoma on the same album. That of course my not be the reason Carrie didn't include it. I suppose we'll never know.

Claire2004

If we beg hard enough, do you think Carrie will reconsider recording this? lol. I refuse to let my hopes for an official record if this song die lol.

Pitocco

If we beg hard enough, do you think Carrie will reconsider recording this? lol. I refuse to let my hopes for an official record if this song die lol.

i have a theory that she'll release it at SOME POINT during this era. Maybe even just incorporating it into her tour. But i REFUSE to believe we've heard the last of OW; Carrie MUST know how good the song is.

The Nanook

I think Carrie found better replacements for OW in GIG and WAW. OW is a pretty decent song, but it's like SWISLY in that I think many people would find it too mellow boring. GIG and WAW at both slightly more mid-tempo and more interesting IMO than OW and SWISLY.

Pitocco

I think Carrie found better replacements for OW in GIG and WAW. OW is a pretty decent song, but it's like SWISLY in that I think many people would find it too mellow boring. GIG and WAW at both slightly more mid-tempo and more interesting IMO than OW and SWISLY.

actually, I'd disagree. I think what a lot of modern music is lacking is the simplicity and purity of a truly accoustic, stripped down song. Stay, for example, by sugarland is GORGEOUS and its literally just a guitar. SWISLY is one of the most beautiful tracks Carrie has ever recorded, and OW would rival it very closely. I'm disappointed many time when i hear a ballad and a drum beat is thrown in to make it mid-tempo. Especially for a vocalist of Carrie's caliber, a mellower song is BREATHTAKING

CarrieFan928

I heard "Oklahoma Wind" once a few years ago when I first became a Carrie fan but at that point I didn't really like songs like "Someday When I Stop Loving You" and "Oklahoma Wind" so I didn't pay much attention to it. Now since people always bring it up I search for it everywhere so I can see if my opinion has changed but it's no longer online.

bigbluegrl23

I heard "Oklahoma Wind" once a few years ago when I first became a Carrie fan but at that point I didn't really like songs like "Someday When I Stop Loving You" and "Oklahoma Wind" so I didn't pay much attention to it. Now since people always bring it up I search for it everywhere so I can see if my opinion has changed but it's no longer online.

Ask someone to PM it to you. I think a few people here have it.
Becca

hjj

I wonder if OW could live up to all our hype? Just like Sparks Fly for TS the fans beg to get studio version and it was not too special at least to a non-fan when it was released, lol.

Pitocco

I wonder if OW could live up to all our hype? Just like Sparks Fly for TS the fans beg to get studio version and it was not too special at least to a non-fan when it was released, lol.

thats like comparing a pipe bomb to an atomic explosion :p the old version of Sparks Fly sucked too...the studio did it the correct amount of justice :p

Pitocco

I can email it to you, just PM me youre email address :)

allamericangirl8

PMing you right now.

teesharky

I wish Ok. Wind was the album closer on BA instead of who are you-- even though i do like who are you alot.I jyst think OW would have fit the theme of blown away better.