Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Apr 3] 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards (Official Event Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_kt

Well I can't say what my favorite performances were since I didn't watch the ACM's after Sugarland's performance. But if I had to go by the first 4 performances my favorite was of course Carrie's/Steven Tyler and then Sugarland's.

scoutfisher

what happened to the site? meltdown from that hot performance or from the EOTY win?

anyway, the performance was HOT.HOT.HOT!!! goodness me, gads. she and steven were having so much fun onstage. i never really paid close attention to the lyrics of walk this way and now that I did, steven's performance is crazy/creepy/sexy which played well against carrie's sweet girl gone wild performance here.

i had a chuckle when it dawned on me - the contrast of bethany's introduction of carrie as making a movie debut as a youth leader and the song she ended up rocking to :)

Jade_kt

Well I can't stay what the best performances were since I only watched the first 4 performances but based on that my favorite was Carrie's/Tyler's of course and then Sugarland.

steven77571

my thoughts

Carrie and Steven Tyler rocked on the medley of "Undo It" and "Walk This Way," and I'm happy for Miranda, the Band Perry and Lady A. But I think Brad Paisley should have won the big one. He had a great tour last year, helped re-open the Grand Ole Opry House, and recorded a song that explains why country is the best genre of music to listen to. No disrespect to Taylor Swift, but I was pulling for Carrie's co-host. If this was the Olympics, I'd give Brad a silver medal for second-best performance. It was so awesome to see him and Alabama on the same stage.

Zman312

So I didn't watch the ACM last night, but did YOUTUBE Carrie's performance (It's not the same as watching on your Big Screen TV, but I didn't want to bother with it, also I wasn't home until 8:30 PM, so I wasn't going to bother!)

CARRIE WAS SMOKING HOT!!! I alway wanted Carrie to rock out (I mean truly full-blown rock star ROCK OUT and last night sh edid just that! Loved Carrie's outfit and she ROCKED!!! Thus performance was truly a BIG F.U to ACM VOTERS (Most you you guys blame the ACM, when it's really the voters are to be blamed)

I am still disgusted by all the Miranda love for ONE song, it's truly is an over kill! Also I don't understand why they have SONG and SINGLE when it's awarding the same person, it kind of defeat the purpose. ML didn't write the song so she should get that award, that's why they have SINGLE!!!

Taylor winning EOTY was a BIG F. U to COUNTRY, as she bribed her way their and I say good for her. If she can get away with it than why not! Quiet frankly I am happy she won as everyone because once again THEY F'ed up!!! There is no way to take Country down than get on the Taylor express... Her winning was a BIG F.U to SONY!!! They could of potentially hold on to the title. (I am happy Carrie was not in this "VOTE FOR ME BRIBERY"...these award shows are over rated!!!)

I can't believe Carrie was SNUBBED like this!!!

Anyhow, I am very happy Carrie KILLED it last night!!!! SHE IS THE TRUE EOTY!!!

HuiZ

I think the standing O for Taylor was more for the song (writing about her hater/critic), rather than about her singing well. She did sound decent though, imo, one of her better performances. And I do like the stage setting.

Faith Hill obviously loves the song :p

HuiZ

I think the standing O for Taylor was more for the song (singing about her critics/haters), rather than her singing. She did sound decent though, one of her better performances imo.

Faith Hill obviously loves the song :p

oldesalt62

THTBM was like NYN it went on forever.. Thank goodness, both aren't eligible now for awards shows. I am happy for Miranda though. I think she is a great. Country radio just over-played that song way to much for me.

I have to disagree,not near the singer that Carrie is and is just being over hyped by industry. I believe that jealousy runs rampant in country music from the very top to the very bottom especially all the less talented.

oldesalt62

OMG honestly twitter is blowing up guys! Carrie is getting AMAZING reviews for her performance! Everyone LOVED it!

Taylor Swift paled in comparison. lol

I have never seen so much love for Carrie on twitter before-= ever! she is trending on Canada and Brazil even!

I am seeing lots of tweets in other countries and languages too! This was a HUGE night for Carrie even if she loses. She is who everyone is talking about on twitter. No one cares about Taylor. lol

I knew Miranda would sweep the song/single--- but she didn't write the song so why did she get Song? Odd.

Thanks . I have a question,how many of these so called great female country singers could command the stage with Steven Tyler. Go ahead name another. anybody

epicamends

I have to say, I like Miranda, but I am SO GLAD the THTBM era is over. I'm sick of that song winning everything on the face of the planet. It was a great song, yes, but it was not the only great song last year. There were other songs that deserved recognition too, especially "If I Die Young".

epicamends

I have to say, I am so glad the THTBM era is over. I'm so sick of that song winning every single award on the face of the planet. It was a great song, yes, but not the only great song last year. There were other songs that deserved some recognition too, like "If I Die Young".

I just want Miranda to start winning awards based on the actual combination of great things that have happened to her that year, not just based on the success of one song.

epicamends

I have to say, I am so glad the THTBM era is over. I'm so sick of that song winning every single award on the face of the planet. It was a great song, yes, but not the only great song last year. There were other songs that deserved some recognition too, like "If I Die Young".

I just want Miranda to start winning awards based on the actual combination of great things that have happened to her that year, not just based on the success of one song.

Ty

I cannot stop watching last night's performance. It was phenomenal, seriously. Glad the masses got to see her in this light.

Can't wait to hear more about the Girls Night Out taping tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.