Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Award Season in 2014

pklongbeach

I am always an oscar fan.
I plan my whole sunday around church and the start of the red carpet ha ha ha....

Good show. I love Ellen but I feel like it started to get away from her. And dumbing it down with pizza was a little low brow for me. But I love Ellen so all is forgiven. I loved the massive tweeted selfie.

I thought Pink was a highlight. really good for me. I feel bad for Idina, there was so much build up to that performance. She seemed "over rehearsed" and her voice sounded really tired. That last note was just not going to happen no matter how hard she forced it "Screeeeeeech". I felt bad for her. I thought Bette was Great. Shes a diva and still commands the room even though her singing days should be over, ha ha ha....
Phirelle was fun, but I am so over the hat that I just can't stand it.
U2 is just always great.

I thought all the fashion was spot on. I don't think there were any real disasters at all.

I thought the awards were all well deserved. Its so hard when you have a hand full of movies that are all so good but so completely different. It is hard to imagine who "deserves it" more.
I am happy for 12 years.. but I am not thrilled with the "it should win cause its an important film" propaganda that followed it.
It should have won cause it was a really great movie! Suggesting you should vote for it for some other reason seems to cheapen it to me. So I am glad it won. And I hope its remembered as a really good movie, and not a "token" moment for the black community. When movies are really good and really well made they float to the top. And that is what all artists should strive for.

The show went long, but I am not sure that was ellens fault. But it bothers me when the show ends up railroading the big awards really quick at the end. I wish they might mix them up better through out. But I have always felt that way.

Good show though. Congrats for Gravity. I guess I will have to see it. (I am not a Sandra fan, but I will not deny that she looks amazing in this film).

teesharky

So Brad Pitt is now an Oscar winner right? He got one for producing 12 Years. Congrats to him! He and Angie are both Odcar winners now.

I still feel bad for Leo. But I am thrilled for Matthew so I am torn.

^ Sandra was great in gravity. Hope you like it! Yeah Bette milder did great- but I have never seen her perform anything other than Wings beneath my wind- so I am a little bored with that song.

I liked Ellen and the pizza thing cuz it made the actors seem
more real chowing down on pizza. Lol

ps-- naturally Taylor wormed her way into all the parties last night. She seems to have some connection to Weinstein due universal or something. Whatever.

pklongbeach

Was Taylor at the Award Parties? Thats hilarious!
Maybe she got comments like; "Well bless your heart, what are you doing here"??

I am happy for the winners, it was a tight race for many of them. it is always too bad when a really amazing performance misses the opportunity to be awarded. But there can only be one. And Mathew was rather hard to ignore. I think Leo will have many opportuities in the future so I would not feel too bad for him, ha ha ha....

I always feel worse for those actors that had a once-in -a lifetime role and will likely never see that opportunity again, Bruce Dern could have easily deserved that award for a lifetime acheivement.

IN the context of the show, ellens bits played pretty well. But as the critics saw it and I have to agree, she played so much to the front row, even hanging out with them for most of the show, it felt like the people at home were a bit left out.
At the end of the day her job as host is to take the audience through this 3 hour experience, and spending that much time down on the floor with her rich friends started to play a bit off I think.

Hosts have a difficult job of representing the Pagentry and the Honor and dignity of The Oscars. But balancing that with a little of the obsurdity of the opulance of the whole thing. And a few hosts over the years have gotten that balance very right. Billy Crystal / Whoopie.... but some take the "comman man approach" alittle too far and lose sight of the fact that many viewers "like" the pagentry and dignity and oppulance. So the has to be a balance.
And I think Ellen just tipped the scale a bit too far for some at home who were hosting very big parties and felt that host was down with the popular kids all night.
I like ellen alot and she usually knows how to walk that tightrope better. Lastnight she just got alittle "too casual" for the oscars.
Just my opinion.

sam_vzla

The last note of Let It Go was... painful.

I need to put this here. And it should also be on every subsequent page of this thread because it's so beautiful and amazing.

tumblr_n1ujxwuNKI1qdyz8lo1_500.gif

Credit: The Afrocentric One Named Deidree

Breath of fresh air in Hollywood, acting like a normal person when you win something. I hope he had that joy while working on the film, that probably helped the actors. I would have been with feelings of killing myself after shooting most of the scenes of that movie lol

AIgrl06

It's interesting: I enjoyed Ellen much more as the show went on. Her monologue was pretty decent if a little flat, but it seemed like she got much more comfortable as the show went on and really started to shine after they did the selfie. I'd rather see a host feeling comfortable in the audience and see the audience actually having fun with her jokes than anything else. So I really ended up loving her.

This was another favorite moment of mine.

tumblr_n1ugd4eJ0r1r9us6no3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n1ugd4eJ0r1r9us6no1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n1ugd4eJ0r1r9us6no2_r1_500.gif

This season has literally made me stan for Cate Blanchett. I cannot.

teesharky

So the MTV movie awards are early this year- April 14th I think. Not sure when nominations come out but it should be soon. I know these are kind of a joke award show- lol- but it is sort of fun. lol

AIgrl06

^I just saw that Conan is hosting it, lol. It made me almost want to watch it. In all likelihood I won't have seen the majority of the films, though, so who knows.

AIgrl06

^Lmao. Same.

I still haven't seen Catching Fire, and it was my favorite of the three books. Definitely getting the DVD though so I'll watch it soon.

stuffy

Finally saw Frozen, and I totally get why it was so huge especially with the little kids. Of course, my five-year-old niece knew every word when I showed her the YouTube videos of Idina Menzel singing "Let It Go" on Fallon and Kristen Bell singing "Do You Want To Build A Snowman." It was adorable. She also gave me a church lesson while watching the nonviolent parts of "Life of Pi".

Also if you haven't seen the video of Kristen doing all the voices for DYWTBAS, it's awesome.

Grace_Of_God

Cannes is rolling out movies this past week which you know what that means...there's already award season talk! I've been away for awhile due to work and then vacation but I'm happy to be back

teesharky

So emmy noms come out in a few weeks. I know carrie won't get a nom for SOM
due to all the hate. But do you guys think SOM might make it into the special class category? That would be so great as then the whole cast would get to attend the show including carrie.

sam_vzla

I cant believe it. Seriously, I'm heartbroken with this news.

I think Robin Williams was the only actor, heck maybe even person, that could make me laugh like crazy but also could make cry like a little baby.

teesharky

Yes Robin was so incredible and full of life. It broke my heart too.

I am glad Billy Crystal spoke at the Emmys last night for his tribute. That was very nice. Otherwise, the Emmys were pretty dry. I did not find Seth all that funny- no offense. He seems like a nice guy, but he was not that funny.