Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BA video concept (spoilers!)

Manchs

======= NOTHING IS OFFICIAL! JUST FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES =======

So, I know a guy who works for Sony and once in a while he has inside information. :p He's the guy from blog.martianleaks.com (he often leaks albums), maybe some of you have already seen his site. Well, over at another board, he posted the Blown Away video concept. I believe it's the official concept, buy now you have to say what you think about it ;) Do you want it to be official? Would you change anything? The storyline itself is very unique, there's not so much that can be changed, but they way the whole thing is done definitelly matters. I hope it ends up being official lol

I really got goosebumps from reading it. He's the entire post:

Blown Away video concept.

(Note, the Carrie in house is not singing. There is another Carrie standing outside in the middle of the street singing the lyrics with her band behind her.)

The video opens with heavy rains. People in town running with newspapers over their heads to their cars, a lady's umbrella gets turned inside out. The camera is zipping to different parts of the city showing people trying to deal with the storm.

The camera then zooms out of the city down a road to a big farm. It isn't raining there, but you can see the lightning clouds coming towards the house.

The first verse starts and the camera zooms into the house. There's an old man laying on the couch, passed out as if he were watching TV. The emergency weather service is is on the TV. Between the TV and the couch stands Carrie. Holding a picture frame and flashlight. When Carrie sings "those storms clouds gather in her eyes," the camera zooms into her face and her eyes are watering, but she's not crying. She shakes her head in a disgusted way, looks away from him. At the line "the weatherman called for a Twister," she shuts the TV off and walks away.

The camera goes out to the street and you see the band playing and Carrie is singing "there's not enough rain in Oklahoma..." It goes back and forth between this and the Carrie in the house collecting all of the pictures off the walls and scrapbooks. You can see the dad still passed out on the couch and the girl walks up the stairs to her room.

When the chorus starts, the camera is switching between Carrie with her band outside (the winds have picked up a bit at this point) and Carrie in her room tearing it to pieces. She's tearing up pictures of her dad, throwing her clothes, etc.

When the chorus ends and Carrie hits the high "Blown AWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY," the clouds are now really dark, her hair is blowing wildly and a single lightning bolt strikes near the band, tearing the ground up. It's like Carrie is controlling the weather.

As the second verse starts, it zooms back into the girls room. As soon as she starts crying, it starts raining lightly outside on Carrie and the band. The winds are still blowing. It starts showing people around the neighborhood running into their cellars, gathering their kids and just kind of panicking. Carrie (the inside one) sees her father still sleep on the couch. She picks up her whiskey bottle and takes a big drink of it and wipe her mouth.

When the second chorus starts it's really raining hard and lightning everywhere. The band is playing really hard and you can see water everywhere bounding off the drums and dripping from Carrie's hair and she bounces while singing.

For the rest of the video, it zooms between the storm progressing, eventually with a tornado touching down right behind the band and ripping up the house and the inside Carrie who is sitting in a chair in the basement with the light right above dangling and swaying as if the house was moving. There are lots of shots of the house be ripped apart by this storm, with pictures flying everywhere etc.

At the end of the song, Carrie emerges from the basement and the entire house is gone, except for an empty couch.

Last edited:

hjj

Interesting, it sounds pretty good but would have not included her taking a drink although I can see her doing it. I just envision when I hear the song that the whiskey relates to the daddy being a drunk and probably more, I definitely can see this video being like BHC video success. I want GG to hit no. 1 so we can get BA released and the video too.

Manchs

Holy badass......OMG I can't wait to see this. Perhaps the coolest video Carrie has ever shot if this is true. Who directed it? I absolutely LOVE the fact Carrie is playing the part of the girl....and singing and directing the storm. Whoever thought this up was a genius. I mean I think we all knew the basis of there being a storm, but....it the two things i mentioned take it up a level. AWESOME

Unfortunately, he didn't say anything about the director.

I loved it too. :D Can't wait to see Carrie acting. If this is true... this video is going to end careers. Just saying.

maddkat

Staff member
the drinking part is interesting.
Really I can't imagine Carrie tipping back a bottle of whiskey.
But this whole era has had it's share of surprises so I hope GG hits #1 this week too so we can get on to BA and see this video!

Ty

I saw this over at ATRL but I figured it was probably just a fan's dream concept, rather than the real thing.

I like the sound of it but I'm not sure how I feel about Carrie actually playing the 'little girl'.

bigbluegrl23

I saw this over at ATRL but I figured it was probably just a fan's dream concept, rather than the real thing.

I like the sound of it but I'm not sure how I feel about Carrie actually playing the 'little girl'.

from the song, the girl could be in college for all we know. if the character was a little girl, I doubt she'd have the guts to lock her dad out.
Becca

Ty

from the song, the girl could be in college for all we know. if the character was a little girl, I doubt she'd have the guts to lock her dad out.
Becca
It's definitely open to interpretation but I personally think it's so much more impactful if the daughter is younger.

teesharky

i like it alot!!!

only thing i would change was i would make the girl'a child with her teddy bear and a dog hiding in the basement. but maybe that is too predictable. i think everyone expects the girl to be little so an older girl'could be an interesting twist.

i love love love the part about the band and carrie getting drenched in the wind. epic good!!!!!

bigbluegrl23

I don't know why but I never imagined the girl being that young. I imagined that she had been abused all growing up though and that this was finally her breaking point as a young woman like 17 or 18.
Becca

Manchs

Wait I thought you said this is from someone who was involved with the video? Okay just read what you posted. So this could be nothing? ......Alright, now I'm not as excited as was. I thought the girl would be younger too, but I actually liked the thought of Carrie playing the girl....made me more excited for the video....I think it's better if she's not younger......because it shows how many years she had to put of with God only knows what kind of abuse to finally get the courage to get rid of the guy

No... He just works for Sony. Unfortunately, yes, could be nothing lol but it's good way to get excited :p

Manchs

WHen you say he works for sony, do you mean like packing shipments in boxes :p or might actually have some info haha

looooooooool haha I don't remember exactly what he does, but no, it's not like that xD If I remember well, he works for one of Sony's labels. I know he has some good contacts. :p

bigbluegrl23

WHen you say he works for sony, do you mean like packing shipments in boxes :p or might actually have some info haha I don't understand why people can't see Carrie drinking a drink of Whiskey? I mean even if it's not true would it be that bad? lol

i swear some people think Carrie's still 21 year old girl haha
Becca

maddkat

Staff member
I didn't say there was anything wrong with Carrie drinking whiskey in the video or ever.It would just be something different to see from her on screen.

and I don't see her as a young ingenue at all.:)

bigbluegrl23

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Carrie drinking whiskey in the video or ever.It would just be something different to see from her on screen.

and I don't see her as a young ingenue at all.:)

haha don't worry, I wasn't specifically talking about you. just releasing frustration from other comments that people have made through out carrie's career.
Becca