Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

txacar

Some "fans" have no respect. The harsh truth from me, lol. But, seriously, it ticks me off!

It infuriates me, as well. In some cases it possibly robs Carrie of another hit and, in turn, robs her true fans of years of enjoying more great Carrie music.

simonplay

I was watching Cowboy Casanova music video for the first time in a long time! I really want the first single to the next era to be a up-beat/rocking song!

CU4ever

I was watching Cowboy Casanova music video for the first time in a long time! I really want the first single to the next era to be a up-beat/rocking song!

I hope this era has music videos like that one and the Blown Away era did! Storyteller was an album of hits, but no video compared to Blown Away/Play On eras videos and songs.

adam1995

Yes!! CC and GG were the most perfect lead singles ever!

Disagree, two singles that didn't add much of anything to her catalog or artistry. A lead like "Cry Pretty" made a statement and was a wow moment. Hope she follows that path of a more impactful and mature lead single.

countrymusicfan15

Yes I really miss when songs like those 2 were the lead singles! It get you way more hyped and people in general love up-beat/rock Carrie!! And we don't have that since Church Bells I think!?

True. I would kind of consider DL to be like that too. Little bit more toned down than CB though. I still wish RR was the lead single for Storyteller!

Zach1998

Yes!! CC and GG were the most perfect lead singles ever!

Agreed. While they're by far not my favorite Carrie single's they helped hype people up for the album and are two of her biggest hits to date. Hope she has another up-tempo rocker for the lead of CU7, but with a different storyline because thematically CC and GG are similar.

Farawayhills

A few things that occurred to me on reading this thread.

Registered co-writes can be clues to recent work - but they can't always be relied on as a guide to what may be on the next album. Sometimes artists register the songs that they've decided not to proceed with, but keep the ones still being actively considered as album tracks under wraps. However, it's often the case that several songs result from the same writing session - so the registrations can be interesting as an indication that x has been writing with y or z.

It is indeed the case that Carrie wrote earlier with Natalie Hemby - but I don't regard "Play On" as typical of Natalie's work. My hunch would be that Carrie herself put much of the input into that song . Like some other early Carrie co-writes (e.g Checotah, Crazy Dreams) it strikes me as mainly a personal song, which reflects feelings connected with her career. Also, it was used as one of the 'special' songs that Carrie likes to use as album closers. Its theme of carrying on in the face of pressures strikes me as a forerunner of Carrie's more mature recent song "Cry Pretty"

On the question of lead singles, I'd certainly endorse a choice like "Good Girl" - but, personally, I wouldn't lump that song together with "Cowboy Casanova". CC was certainly popular, and the visual treatment was interesting, but, in my opinion, it couldn't really be considered as a groundbreaking song, and going back to it stylistically might risk being seen as stereotyped. But, for me, GG was in another league. Musically and vocally it remains one of Carrie's most varied and boldest works to date. I would describe its conclusion as having parallels with a hypothetical 'Janis Joplin meets Stevie Ray Vaughan' - a real touch of Texas Blues influence, that helps the song as a whole to stand as one of Carrie's most complex and memorable achievements.

jaymiee

I love the vibes of CC and GG as lead singles and really hope she goes back to that for the next album. I think RR was meant to be the lead for Storyteller but she decided to switch things up as she would get a lot of criticism for being repetitive. But now we've had SB and CP as lead singles so I'm ready for an upbeat country/pop/rock anthem!

Honestly hoping for the same vibes as Miranda's Wildcard for the next era

maddkat

Staff member
^ she has said that the label wanted a different song then she did as the lead for ST and she was surprised at the choice.
And I for one am glad they got thier way as I've never much liked RR.

simonplay

^ yes and that choice from the label was one of the reasons she leave them IMO! She always looked bored performing Smoke Break like she was doing something she didn't want to do.. poor Carrie lol. She wanted to release the music she liked the most and she found that in UMG.

Zach1998

Definitely feel like she intended RR to be the lead for Storyteller. While I don’t hate smoke break as much as some do I really feel like it was too mellow to be a lead single. You could always tell how into RR she was when she did it on tour. Smoke break would’ve worked better as a 4th or 5th single because it was still pretty radio friendly.

jaymiee

Would be awesome if it was a duet for CU7!!(or is it CU8?)

Im guessing its just something related to the CMAs

Momin

A duets album between the two!!! Haha!

I think Reba mentioned on Instagram sometime ago that she's working on new music. This could be part of that. Or maybe they might debut a new song together at the CMAs. Good little nugget to get us through til the next album comes.