Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood 7- Denim and Rhinestones

adam1995

Carrie has been writing with Julia Michaels. There’s a new song co-written by both of them registered on BMI

No Matter What (Underwood, David Hodges, Julia Michaels, Justin Tranter)

Not really a big fan of Julia Michaels. Never got the appeal.

Bookgirl36

Not really a big fan of Julia Michaels. Never got the appeal.

To be honest,I agree with you. People rave about her like she’s so amazing but I honestly I just don’t understand her appeal either. The only name I recognize out of that whole bunch is David Hodges because he has a songwriting credit on her Play On album. Not to nit pick & if I am apologize. I recognize Julia & Justin’s names because they’ve done a lot of work on Selena Gomez’s newest album & other songs with her so they’ve had a ton of success with her.It just seems really rare to see her write songs with other songwriters that aren’t in the Nashville mainstream when that is where Carrie has had the most success. I know Carrie can have her pick of who she writes with but that just seems like an odd pairing to me.Julia just has those songs that seem really out there & really weird.It’s not that I don’t mind pop undertones in her music because she can sing just about every genre out there but I don’t like the overly pop tones that Cry Pretty had.If that’s truly a co write that’s meant for her next album,then it seems like that’s the direction she wants to go in. I just don’t know if I see pop writers writing an overtly country song.When she’s given the right material & amazing songs & songwriters, her voice shines. I just don’t feel that more pop oriented songs don’t do her voice justice nor do they let her voice really shine.Obviously I’m very passionate about this subject given my long post so I apologize for the rambling.

Zach1998

Meh don’t really care for Julia Michaels. Hope she writes more with Shane McAnally, Natalie Hemby, Liz Rose, Brett James, Luke Laird, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear, Hilary Lindsey, Chris Destefino, and David Hodges. Those are the top notch writers in Nashville. I know many are tired of Hilary Lindsey but she’s responsible for some of Carrie’s best songs so she can say. Lol

adam1995

Meh don’t really care for Julia Michaels. Hope she writes more with Shane McAnally, Natalie Hemby, Liz Rose, Brett James, Luke Laird, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear, Hilary Lindsey, Chris Destefino, and David Hodges. Those are the top notch writers in Nashville. I know many are tired of Hilary Lindsey but she’s responsible for some of Carrie’s best songs so she can say. Lol

Throw Lori McKenna in there as well.

simonplay

I feel like a fun/happier theme era is coming, she seems to be more happy than ever!

I hope the Cry Pretty "sad" era is in the past now. Bring rock/sassy Carrie back!

I could see a inspirational era too, with a lot of "SITW" type of songs.

MSCarriefan

^She really does seem happy and full of joy lately. I think family has something to do with it.
Can't wait to see what the next era has in store

adam1995

If they're "happier", I just hope they aren't sappy. The "Cry Pretty" album was fantastic, and I'd like to see those themes more often. "Low" is the best she's ever done, and I would love more.

Give me an album full of songs like Low (my all time favorite Carrie song) and I will be content! I think Cry Pretty is a good mix of songs with important messages, more personal songs to her, and uplifting songs. I do think the next album will be a bit more upbeat because of where she’s at in her life, but I hope she continues with the more personal material. I hate the complaints that she isn’t personal enough with her music from critics and what not.

monkeyboy16

I’d like an album with lyrics that give a little more insight into her life. Cry Pretty was described as her most personal album, but I didn’t really get the personal vibe until she explained where she was at mentally when writing some of those songs. Step in the right direction, but would like more.

simonplay

I want more This Time and Quitter-type songs!!!

I feel like people in general have been begging for this for the last 2 or 3 eras! And now would be a great time to do it after the pandemic, nobody want depressing songs now.. lol

I think it would be big for her, there is a reason why "Southbound" was the most successful single from CP.

lizcarlo

I loved Cry Pretty album. It was very good mix of personal songs, sad songs and more upbeat. I can also see her being in very happy place coming off of My Gift Era. I did really like That Song That We Use To Make Love To which is one of her most pop songs yet. She has had very good pop country songs. I trust Carrie to not have album full of pop junk. She does the balance well. If I could make request it would be continuation of personal songs. I want her to continue story songs which she does so well. Work with Lori McKenna more on next album. I would not mind more Kingdom happy songs about her family.

Bookgirl36

I’d like an album with lyrics that give a little more insight into her life. Cry Pretty was described as her most personal album, but I didn’t really get the personal vibe until she explained where she was at mentally when writing some of those songs. Step in the right direction, but would like more.

You expressed my feelings about the album perfectly. When an artist says that it’s their most personal album,I would like at least a little bit more insight into her own life.I agree the personal stuff didn’t really come into play until she explained where her head was when writing some of those songs.Cry Pretty was a step in the right direction but for me,I would like more “personal” songs that really peek behind the scenes at her own life.

Bookgirl36

^She really does seem happy and full of joy lately. I think family has something to do with it.
Can't wait to see what the next era has in store

She definitely seems like she’s in a better head space than when Cry Pretty came out. She seems happier & joyful now more than she was before. I think family has a huge part to play in that happiness & joy but I think her marriage with Mike also has a huge part in that happiness & joy she seems to be exuding lately.I’m curious to see what the next era brings as well.

adam1995

If we look at it in terms of the miscarriages it makes sense.

adam1995

I loved Cry Pretty album. It was very good mix of personal songs, sad songs and more upbeat. I can also see her being in very happy place coming off of My Gift Era. I did really like That Song That We Use To Make Love To which is one of her most pop songs yet. She has had very good pop country songs. I trust Carrie to not have album full of pop junk. She does the balance well. If I could make request it would be continuation of personal songs. I want her to continue story songs which she does so well. Work with Lori McKenna more on next album. I would not mind more Kingdom happy songs about her family.

This is my big request too!

I also think that Cry Pretty was personal as in it was her first opportunity to call the shots without Sony. She had more artistic freedom to do what she wanted, so it was more special in addition to the subject matter the album tackled.

monkeyboy16

If we look at it in terms of the miscarriages it makes sense.

Yes, but we didn’t even get that info until after the album was released. Obviously the song content was a little heavier, but didn’t know context until she opened up in interviews.

adam1995

Yes, but we didn’t even get that info until after the album was released. Obviously the song content was a little heavier, but didn’t know context until she opened up in interviews.

Just because we didn't know the information, does not mean it wasn't more personal for Carrie.