Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

teesharky

Shane McAnally also co-wrote "Keep Us Safe".

He said earlier that writing with Carrie had been one of his ambitions. On the earlier occasion, the songs didn't make the cut - this time I hope they will. Shane is one of the leading figures in the current new wave of strong songwriting.

agree- plus carrie followed him and Caitlyn
on twitter soon after she made that comment about writing a big hit.
I highly doubt carrie only used his talents on Keep Us Safe: they must have written more when all together in the writing room. ( smile)

ahh this part is so exciting! ( smile)

teesharky

So
kelly clarkson just tweeted that her album is dropping in early 2015. Interesting. She did not say if it is country or pop.

yehchern

kelly's album won't drop until early 2015, and there is already an announcement by her..carrie please tell us already!!

teesharky

kelly's album won't drop until early 2015, and there is already an announcement by her..carrie please tell us already!!

It was pretty anticlimatic how kelly just tweeted the news to a fan with no fan fare or press release. Lol but I am a bit envious that her fans have news! Lol

come on team carrie! This week must end! Lol

if they are announcing the song title Friday- that increases the chances that carrie will perform it saturday at the Global event and release it to radio monday the 29th. ( smile) The timing is right.

MSCarriefan

Windmills Country posted another co write
"Little Toy Guns" (Chris DeStefano / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
Interesting title.

Louisa

It was pretty anticlimatic how kelly just tweeted the news to a fan with no fan fare or press release. Lol but I am a bit envious that her fans have news! Lol

if they are announcing the song title Friday- that increases the chances that carrie will perform it saturday at the Global event and release it to radio monday the 29th. ( smile) The timing is right.

I agree. The timing is perfect. It's highly likely Carrie will perform her new single at the Global Citizen Festival on Saturday. I can't wait for Friday to come. The wait is almost over. Let the new era begin! :-D

teesharky

Ooh that is an interesting title. I wonder what that is about? Could it be a sweet song about children playing with toy guns? Or a metaphor for something deeper like school shootings or gun violence or war? Definitely want to hear that one.

Kizmet311

Ooh that is an interesting title. I wonder what that is about? Could it be a sweet song about children playing with toy guns? Or a metaphor for something deeper like school shootings or gun violence or war? Definitely want to hear that one.

I'm not sure I could handle a song about the school shootings, although it is certainly something that has impacted our country in the last several years. It would certainly be a relevant, but sad, topic.

Louisa

Windmills Country posted another co write
"Little Toy Guns" (Chris DeStefano / Hillary Lindsey / Carrie Underwood)
Interesting title.

The song titles are really interesting this era. I'm intrigued. Carrie seems to have written a lot with Hillary Lindsey and Chris DeStefano for this album. I can't wait to hear the new material.

Farawayhills

It does look like a metaphor - possibly the transition from chidhood games to adult rows and hearbreaks, possibly sexual stereotyping (guns v dolls), possibly someone looking back on more carefree days. It could include a generalized reference to war and world problems - but I would doubt that they would go as far into current controversy as to link the issue of fatal random shootings to children having played with guns.

cyberzoney

Unless the single has some connection to charity, I doubt Carrie will sing it at the Global event. Carrie would not want it to look like she is using a charitable event for her own benefit like new single promotion. If some of the proceeds were to go to charity or the song had a strong charity theme, then it may be possible. I hope we hear it soon but I have doubts that this event will be the source.

simonplay

Unless the single has some connection to charity, I doubt Carrie will sing it at the Global event. Carrie would not want it to look like she is using a charitable event for her own benefit like new single promotion. If some of the proceeds were to go to charity or the song had a strong charity theme, then it may be possible. I hope we hear it soon but I have doubts that this event will be the source.

But she doesn't have to sing only charity singles, she will sing like ten songs I think, and everybody will be happy that she debut a new single there since more people will be watching to hear it!

Farawayhills

The song titles are really interesting this era. I'm intrigued. Carrie seems to have written a lot with Hillary Lindsey and Chris DeStefano for this album. I can't wait to hear the new material.

I think, if Carrie is changing her sound or thematic "feel" in some respect (whatever that might imply), it would be natural for her to look to Hillary to go with her - both from the point of view of trusting the collaborator, and from the point of view of offering reassurance that any changes they might introduce would still be seen as a progression from her earlier work.

Kizmet311

So, since Carrie tweeted that pic from the lake this summer and said she is going to miss being on the water, I'm going to guess "Something in the Water" as her new single, lol. Perhaps it will also use that old saying of "something in the water" referring to lots of people having babies at the same time.