Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood.....Greatest Hits: Decade #1 ERA

Kizmet311

Also, I think all of the clues we have so far point towards the single debuting at the Global Citizens event on Saturday. Carrie singing a new single could get even more people tuning in and if they show that on the primetime special on NBC - what great exposure for the charity and Carrie's new song!

PRGuy79

So, since Carrie tweeted that pic from the lake this summer and said she is going to miss being on the water, I'm going to guess "Something in the Water" as her new single, lol. Perhaps it will also use that old saying of "something in the water" referring to lots of people having babies at the same time.

That's so funny - I thought the same thing when I saw that tweet! I'll bet Carrie has a lot of laughs at all of us over-analyzing every word she says or tweets. But that's what makes the dawning of a new era so much fun: the speculation!

yehchern

^ but then for Blown away era, isnt carrie tweeted something that actually hinted GG is the first single? did i remember wrongly? cant recall...

teesharky

Unless the single has some connection to charity, I doubt Carrie will sing it at the Global event. Carrie would not want it to look like she is using a charitable event for her own benefit like new single promotion. If some of the proceeds were to go to charity or the song had a strong charity theme, then it may be possible. I hope we hear it soon but I have doubts that this event will be the source.

Actually madkatt found out that each headliner sang 10 songs last year at this event and most songs were not charity based but their normal setlist. At Mos carrie might do one or two charity songs like Change or Kerp Us Safe.

Carrie has 60000 jayz and no doubt fans in NyC to entertain for 10 songs. This will be a pretty mainstream crowd as carrie is the only country singer- so she needs to do a lot of upbeat songs and maybe one or two charity songs.

So I think it is appropriate to sing a new single in this setting given that all the other artists did normal sets in the past- and are likely using this event as a platform for both charity and promotion. Lol

But even so- carrie may choose not to debut the single at this event for her own reasons. Who knows. Lol I hope she does though as it is a great opportunity with the whole world watching. If she is going to song BHC and Undo It etc- why not a new single too? Otherwise she has to wait for the cmas for a big live performance. And only country fans will see it.

cyberzoney

Also, I think all of the clues we have so far point towards the single debuting at the Global Citizens event on Saturday. Carrie singing a new single could get even more people tuning in and if they show that on the primetime special on NBC - what great exposure for the charity and Carrie's new song!

I think they would be heavily promoting that a new single would be unveiled at the event if they wanted to use it to gain viewers. That has not happened and it is getting late.

cyberzoney

But she doesn't have to sing only charity singles, she will sing like ten songs I think, and everybody will be happy that she debut a new single there since more people will be watching to hear it!

I'm not saying she must stick to charity type songs. I think she will be open to her whole set list from the first 4 albums. I'm just saying that IMO, she will not use the opportunity to promote a new single unless it has charity implications like some proceeds to charity. We shall see.

teesharky

Do you guys notice how much carrie is tweeting lately? Maybe she is as excited as we are to drop the big news soon!

teesharky

^ why? Carrie never gives us advance notice of new singles etc as she likes to surprise us. I am sure they have something planned and I hope it goes exactly as she wants it to.

Arista promised new music in 2014. So even if we only get the lead single this year and the cd in 2015- that is still way better than what we have now.

oldyfan

I think we are headed for a surprise. Carrie knows there are rumors out there, but she does NOT like leaks. OK Wind is a result of what happens.

I'm getting ready for new music from Carrie! She's been working on this too long, and when she starts chattering it normally is hints. We'll see...but I'm hopeful!

Kizmet311

Could someone start the 5th Album Era thread/forum under the Albums section? I was going to start a new thread to be the "official" 5th Album thread, but I realized that we don't really do that around here, lol. Each album has it's own sub-forum, but I'm not sure there is an "official" thread for each album. I thought it would be nice to have an "official" 5th album thread that could be made a sticky or at least where the first post in the thread could be updated continuously with all of the new song registrations, dates, etc. I would be more than willing to do it, but I don't think I can create a whole sub-forum for the 5th Album. I also don't want anyone to think I am trying to hi-jack this thread and shut it down, but it would be nice to at least have the sticky. I'm not sure that the person who started this thread is willing to update the first post with all of the information. I have already copied and pasted most of the info into a word document, so I can start the thread. Someone let me know how I should do it.

oldyfan

So, since Carrie tweeted that pic from the lake this summer and said she is going to miss being on the water, I'm going to guess "Something in the Water" as her new single, lol. Perhaps it will also use that old saying of "something in the water" referring to lots of people having babies at the same time.

Wishing Well is filled with water, and is two words WW.

PRGuy79

Wishing Well is filled with water, and is two words WW.

So the two prime suspects right now for lead single are "Wishing Well" and "Something in the Water" based on our attempt to decipher Carrie's possible hints via Twitter. Any other titles from the list of new songs fit a "water" theme?

txacar

I'm not saying she must stick to charity type songs. I think she will be open to her whole set list from the first 4 albums. I'm just saying that IMO, she will not use the opportunity to promote a new single unless it has charity implications like some proceeds to charity. We shall see.
I don't think of it as promoting but, rather, debuting new music for the special occasion and for the enjoyment of the audience. She is there to entertain and draw attention to the humongous effort to wipe out poverty all over the world by year 2030. She doesn't have to make the song available for purchase until she begins a serious promotion effort (maybe while she's in NY???).

Kizmet311

So the two prime suspects right now for lead single are "Wishing Well" and "Something in the Water" based on our attempt to decipher Carrie's possible hints via Twitter. Any other titles from the list of new songs fit a "water" theme?

I have them all in a word document and I don't see any others that really seem to reference water directly. Another vote for Something in the Water - the co-writers are people Carrie has worked with more in the past. Wishing Well was written by new collaborators (although I am all for new collaborators!).

Kizmet311

LouisaJessie posted some awesome news in the Global Citizens festival thread! Carrie will be on the Today show on Friday to discuss her appearance at the concert!