Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie Underwood Opens Up Post-Injury: "Now I'm Stronger Than Ever"

maddkat

Staff member
cover story for September 2018 Redbook

https://www.redbookmag.com/life/a22613865/carrie-underwood-face-injury-post-surgery-interview-2018/

This is not the same exact Carrie Underwood you know and love. I mean, sitting in her manager's Nashville office sporting a vintage concert T-shirt and rolled-up jeans, she's still the same sunny picture. (Sidebar: It's hard to believe that less than a year ago the seven-time Grammy-winning, multiplatinum-selling entertainer had more than 40 stitches in her face due to a freak accident.) You'll really notice the difference — a little more introspective, a bit more open, even more confident — when you listen to her new album, Cry Pretty, which she says is "much more me" than the last five.

For this one, Carrie took the reins as a coproducer for the first time: "I had time and space and creative license in a way I haven't before. I got to do the dirty work." While her personal life remains rock-solid (she and her husband of eight years, hockey player Mike Fisher, are the proud parents of Isaiah, 3), she admits that her past year was an emotional roller coaster. She mined those lessons for song material — and talks to us a little about them here.

cont. at link

DjmluJpWsAA_L-3.jpg:large

16icoxy.jpg

Last edited:

Kizmet311

Oh yay a new magazine to buy! And OMG! They have a bigger version of the promotional picture her team has been using! Pasting it here since the one in the orange/red dress seems to be from an old photo shoot, doesn't it?

carrie-underwood-cover-images-1533134621.jpg

maddkat

Staff member
^ Redbook posted the picture I posted on their instagram, assume it's new
even if it's not it's a pretty picture :)

MSCarriefan

It's strange that she didn't do a photo shoot for the cover
I loved how she talked about being stronger and having confidence. I feel like what ever else happened other than the fall really impacted her and the fall only added to it. Her mom is so cute calling her and being worried about the mags and plastic surgery rumors. It seems like Carrie has came to terms with her scar. I also find it awesome that they want to adopt because that is a beautiful thing and some kids will be really lucky.

abbeyjones18

Pretty sure that Redbook and Cosmo are owned by the same company. Maybe Carrie didn't have the time to do a new shoot. Still a nice write up (that People Magazine has already picked up) nevertheless. 💜☺️

Kizmet311

Oh and her comment about Cry Pretty "being more me" than her previous 5 albums. I don't know how I can get any more excited for this album, but I am with that statement. I know that all of her albums have had some "Carrie" in them, but I just can't even begin to imagine what her having all of this artistic/creative freedom is going to mean for this album. I am not going to wish my life away, so I will do my best to wait patiently for September 14th!

Pretty sure that Redbook and Cosmo are owned by the same company. Maybe Carrie didn't have the time to do a new shoot. Still a nice write up (that People Magazine has already picked up) nevertheless. 💜☺️

I checked Redbook & Cosmo are owned by the same company,so it’s possible she didn’t have time to do a shoot,so they used that same picture for Cosmo because of that.I’ve already reread the article several times already & to me,it’s such an eye opening article because even I learned things about her from the past year that I don’t think I knew she was dealing with!!But overall,it’s a very well written & I think a very respectful article!!But I’m definitely not surprised that People picked it up already!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaisyTweets

Having more downs than ups recently myself, I just want to give Carrie a big ole hug!!!!! What a refreshing perspective to not want to change anything!!!

Countryfan2448

I like this quote she said

[QUOTE[h=3]There were so many rumors online - that you'd had plastic surgery, that it was a publicity stunt. Did that bother you?[/h]
I'm on some magazine every other week for something crazy. It's a little sad, because the truth is just as interesting I wish I'd gotten some awesome plastic surgery to make this [scar] look better. But I try not to worry too much about it. My mom will be like, "Did you see they are saying this about you?" And I'll be like, "Mama, I don't care. I'm just trying to raise my son and live my life."
][/QUOTE]

rcramer

I like this quote she said

[QUOTEThere were so many rumors online - that you'd had plastic surgery, that it was a publicity stunt. Did that bother you?

I'm on some magazine every other week for something crazy. It's a little sad, because the truth is just as interesting I wish I'd gotten some awesome plastic surgery to make this [scar] look better. But I try not to worry too much about it. My mom will be like, "Did you see they are saying this about you?" And I'll be like, "Mama, I don't care. I'm just trying to raise my son and live my life."
]
[/QUOTE]

Awesome quote....... It is just sad...

And she has, all that money can buy to have it fixed, but chose to continue to be herself and live with it.......

She's the personification of authenticity!!! Beautiful interview...and I love the cover!!

It was probably one of the most open,honest & authentic interviews she’s ever done.In the past I thought she was quite reserved in answering her interview questions,but she was definitely like an open book this time,she didn’t sugarcoat anything & was pretty open & honest about the events of the past year & all of her personal life events that shaped her songwriting for this album.It was a very well written article & very tastefully done!!Just not a fan of the cover for the magazine,but that’s just my own opinion!!I don’t think you will find a celebrity that’s as honest & authentic in this article as she is!!

Smokyiiis

Beautiful article....sad that she had more downs than ups last year. Glad she came through stronger and mightier than the sword that tried to take her down

carriefan14

Wow...a very honest interview from Carrie. It's like she's vulnerable, but very strong at the same time. Yep, this happened, but i'm going to keep moving forward anyway.

What a great idea about adoption! There are so many, many foster children of all ages and sizes that need great homes. If they end up going that way, one kid will end up in a very, very happy home!

Beautiful article....sad that she had more downs than ups last year. Glad she came through stronger and mightier than the sword that tried to take her down

It was a very beautifully written article.For a person that’s normally very happy & upbeat,last year certainly had to throw her for some loops!!I have a lot of ups & downs,sometimes more downs than ups,because no matter who we are,famous or not,we all go through our shares of ups & downs.When she said that,it made her seem more relatable because you always think celebrities don’t have bad days or years,but the truth is,they ALL have them & they all go through them just like the rest of us!I think there’s a saying that says “It doesn't matter how many times you fail or fall it's how many times you get up and try again!” She may have fell,so to speak,but she got up & tried again & came out stronger & mightier than she was before while learning some very valuable life lessons in the process & God probably taught her some lessons along the way as well!!Lastly,what did you mean when you said “glad she came through stronger &mightier than the sword that tried to take her down?” I was a little confused when you said that!!