Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie will be a Special Guest on GNR tour

LilUnderwood

So excited for her to do this!! Amazing! Wish I could go and see her girl and perform at the same time! Can’t wait to see pics and videos on social media

PRGuy79

I am excited for Carrie because it is important to her - I just hope this continued alignment with G & R doesn't alienate her from the country music traditionalists who have been skeptical of her from the beginning. I have seen some of the comments on social media. I don't typically care about the naysayers who nitpick, because they always will, but at a critical crossroads in Carrie's career, it does give me some pause.

FanSince04

^ I don't think Carrie was thinking in some weird country music traditionalists when she received the call to tour with THE Guns & Roses though! 😎
Completely agree! Some opportunities can’t be passed up. Also, Carrie has dreams and wishes too. I’ve never understood the “box” certain genres try to create.

maddkat

Staff member
I am excited for Carrie because it is important to her - I just hope this continued alignment with G & R doesn't alienate her from the country music traditionalists who have been skeptical of her from the beginning. I have seen some of the comments on social media. I don't typically care about the naysayers who nitpick, because they always will, but at a critical crossroads in Carrie's career, it does give me some pause.
like those people had any use for her before this? No

liz278

I wouldn't mind a rock album.
The traditionalists haven't liked her music since she started, so I don't think this is going to hurt her. Plus I don't think she will ever win at the CMAS again so I think she is going to do what makes her happy.

angeliccarrie

If Guns N Roses calls you, I don't think you say no to them. Especially if you're a big Fan of them, like Carrie

lizcarlo

I'm so happy for Carrie. She is big fan so I'm sure she is so excited. It will be so awesome. Carrie has done things outside of country for quite some time now so it will not make difference with traditionalists.

Last edited:

PRGuy79

I have not seen anybody say anything about Vince playing with the Eagles.
True. But I'm not sure you can compare Don Henley and Axl Rose. Very different styles. Classic rock vs. hard rock.

Nevertheless, I never said she shouldn't be joining G & R. I am very happy for her. She is just at a crossroads within the industry and how they view her, and I fear it may be more consequential than we realize.

countrymusicfan15

True. But I'm not sure you can compare Don Henley and Axl Rose. Very different styles. Classic rock vs. hard rock.

Nevertheless, I never said she shouldn't be joining G & R. I am very happy for her. She is just at a crossroads within the industry and how they view her, and I fear it may be more consequential than we realize.
For doing 3 shows with them? Doesn’t CMT have a whole show dedicated to country artists collaborating with non-country artists? Rock, pop, rap, I think all genres on that show

PRGuy79

Yup. Carrie also did Crossroads with Steven Tyler too. Nothing new 😊 Ppl just finding something to criticize.
Yes, people will always find something to criticize - including my post. :) I was commenting based on some social media feedback that I observed. I was not intending to criticize or be negative. I just don't want radio to have another reason to move on from Carrie, and it caused me to wonder. I hope this discussion board is still a safe place for me to do that.

Last edited:

countrymusicfan15

Yes, people will always find something to criticize - including my post. :) I was commenting based on some social media feedback that I observed. I was not intending to criticize or be negative. I just don't want radio to have another reason to move on from Carrie, and it caused me to wonder. I hope this discussion board is still a safe place for me to do that.
Definitely. And I was just stating my opinion on what you said. You can definitely say whatever you want here, as can everyone else. But I think in that same sense, everyone needs to be open to opposing views too

FanSince04

I see you took that personal. So quick you are to assume. By ppl, I am referring to the traditionalists that were described. Have a good day and “Carrie” on 😊

monkeyboy16

I’d love for her to do a rock album, but maybe similar to what Dolly is doing, mostly duets. That would be fun

Hil

I’d love for her to do a rock album, but maybe similar to what Dolly is doing, mostly duets. That would be fun
I hope Carrie waits on the whole rock album thing. i'm not against her doing it, but I hope she tries to stay competitive in country for the next 5 years or so. I don't think putting a rock album will distract from that in general, but I just hope her time is designated to country so long as she's getting airplay and staying in the mix.

rcramer

^^ I agree…. And for whatever reason radio likes the more country Carrie than anything….

Coming from one who is not a real fan for traditional country, I would love for Carrie to do an album on just that.. I know she would kill it….

Reactions: Hil