Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carrie's sales and chart achievements (Blown Away era)

Pi314CA

Updated the first two posts to reflect the last 3 months worth of achievements:

- Another #1 on Billboard
- 580,000 albums sold, bringing the 2012 total to 1.128 million
- 1.35 million tracks sold, bringing the 2012 total to 4.065 million

Updated post #2 to include all available 2012 sales data.

Carrie sold 1.5 million albums and 5 million tracks for 2012.

The 5 million tracks is the most Carrie has sold in any given year. Her second best year was in 2010 when she sold 4.0 million tracks. A stellar year! :D

Ace

Updated post #2 to include all available 2012 sales data.

Carrie sold 1.5 million albums and 5 million tracks for 2012.

The 5 million tracks is the most Carrie has sold in any given year. Her second best year was in 2010 when she sold 4.0 million tracks. A stellar year! :D

(I missed the "thanks" button.....) "thanks" Pi. This is AWESOME news. Carrie did an outstanding job.

Pi314CA

Updated post #2 with most current sales data AND with projection for all of Carrie's tracks using conservative estimates. Now, the table includes a column for 2013.

For 2012, Carrie sold 1.5 million albums and 5.5 million tracks. Track sales from the album Blown Away will probably outsell released tracks from Play On sometime later this year. It's 3.9 million versus 4.9 million at the moment.

I will update post #1 when TBC reaches #1. :D

Pi314CA

Some observations of the track sales data in post #2:

- TBC has outsold BA in 2013
- a number of tracks sold more in 2012 than 2011 (more Carrie fans!)
(CC, SS, LN, JTTW, BHC)
- BHC sold 50% more in 2012 than 2011 (wow!)
- BHC sold more in 2012 than any of the previous three years (what longevity!)

Some observations of the track sales data in post #2:

- TBC has outsold BA in 2013
- a number of tracks sold more in 2012 than 2011 (more Carrie fans!)
(CC, SS, LN, JTTW, BHC)
- BHC sold 50% more in 2012 than 2011 (wow!)
- BHC sold more in 2012 than any of the previous three years (what longevity!)

Wow awesome! Thanks for the info!

Pi314CA

Are these sales numbers for the songs we dont get every week official or just estimates?

I stated in post #26 "Updated post #2 with most current sales data AND with projection for all of Carrie's tracks using conservative estimates."

I used the last data point, sales rate at that time, relative iTunes ranking, sales of other tracks to estimate sales rate, and some guessing to arrive at the conservative estimates.

PRGuy79

Awesome data collection! Thanks for your hard work and for sharing all this with Carrie Fans.

opry051008

I stated in post #26 "Updated post #2 with most current sales data AND with projection for all of Carrie's tracks using conservative estimates."

I used the last data point, sales rate at that time, relative iTunes ranking, sales of other tracks to estimate sales rate, and some guessing to arrive at the conservative estimates.

Thanks for all your hard work Pi. Is there any way to indicate on your chart which numbers are confirmed sales and which are projected sales?

Pi314CA

Ya'll are very welcome. :)

My next update will distinguish confirmed sales numbers versus projected sales numbers. And if I can figure it out, I will convert the numbers into a nice table. My deadline: before TBC gets to #1.

teesharky

Pi- tx for the numbers. Are you sure Wasted is still not at 800k though? It seems to be moving awfully slowly. Dang I had hoped it would go platinum too- but not for awhile.

Manchs

Thanks a lot, Pi. :) What about the purchase-a-track day we were planning on doing a couple months ago?

Pi- tx for the numbers. Are you sure Wasted is still not at 800k though? It seems to be moving awfully slowly. Dang I had hoped it would go platinum too- but not for awhile.

It is moving awfully slowly, unfortunately. :/