Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty

nanna05

I've been following it and I have to say I am a little shocked that she is walking free. The only thing they found her guilty on was lying to the police. I didn't think she would get the death penalty but in my personal opinion she should have received some jail time for not reporting her missing child until she had been gone for 31 days. so sad, no justice for that little girl's death is unacceptable.

JB172

Personally I think that she had some part in Caylee's death, but seeing bits & pieces of the trial and reading about it the paper everyday since the trial started I have to be honest and say that I would have done exactly what the jury did.

When you are a juror you have to put aside your personal feeling and reach your verdict on the evidence presented.

I've been following it and I have to say I am a little shocked that she is walking free. The only thing they found her guilty on was lying to the police. I didn't think she would get the death penalty but in my personal opinion she should have received some jail time for not reporting her missing child until she had been gone for 31 days. so sad, no justice for that little girl's death is unacceptable.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Personally I think that she had some part in Caylee's death, but seeing bits & pieces of the trial and reading about it the paper everyday since the trial started I have to be honest and say that I would have done exactly what the jury did.

When you are a juror you have to put aside your personal feeling and reach your verdict on the evidence presented.

Again, my thoughts exactly.

Grace_Of_God

I live very close to the court house....so I see coverage on this court case day and night. I for one am appalled. Aside from the murder charges.....

Her defense was "I wasnt paying attention to my child and she drowned" yet she was found NOT GUILT of CHILD NEGLECT charges...WTF how is that possible?!!! if thats not child neglect idk what is....

and ive never seen a lawyer call their client a "liar and a slut" in their closing arguments like Casey's lawyer did....

Carrieflattsfan

I have & I am appalled.

Everything that was presented to jury told the story of what happened to that little girl. They have convicted people on much less than what the jury had to work with.

Because of them this little girl will never get the justice she deserves. Sick.

rosie08

I am totally disgusted!!! I mean are you serious! she buried the sweet little girl at the side of the house. she killed that sweet girl. well I hate to be her walking down the street people are angry and she will pay by God and people!! grrrrrrr:mad:

m.chill99

It sickens me that they would let her get away with this. Okay fine, no death penalty, but she definitely deserves LOTS AND LOTS of jail time!

jeff

just another fan

its the CSI effect... people now expect hard science to convict. problem is, the hard science is not going to be present in every crime scene

15 years ago she probably would have been convicted.

mlawlor

Yes, it's sad. Not too long ago around here there was a similar case, and in the end, the mother plead guilty because the police used the technique used more often than not of telling the accused that they, "the mob" can help them out. I wonder if police thought about that technique here...

knewman19

I can tell you they found Casey not guilty because the prosecution couldn't even say how the child died. How can you find someone guilty of murder when you can't even say without a doubt the child was murdered? A lot of tv people were talking about the fact that going with first degree murder is what shot the states case out the water and one of the alternate jurors simply said the state failed to prove how the girl died. I know some of the people on CNN said this never should have been a death penalty case and would have been better off with a mansaughter charge and they could have gotten a conviction on that.

Did she have something to do with her death.... yes I am sure! but if the state can't prove their case what is the jury to do.

Also people blaming the jury for this is wrong! they simply did what the Judge asked them to and lashing out at them is not right because they didn't want to serve on this jury

JB172

I can tell you they found Casey not guilty because the prosecution couldn't even say how the child died. How can you find someone guilty of murder when you can't even say without a doubt the child was murdered? A lot of tv people were talking about the fact that going with first degree murder is what shot the states case out the water and one of the alternate jurors simply said the state failed to prove how the girl died. I know some of the people on CNN said this never should have been a death penalty case and would have been better off with a mansaughter charge and they could have gotten a conviction on that.

Did she have something to do with her death.... yes I am sure! but if the state can't prove their case what is the jury to do.

Also people blaming the jury for this is wrong! they simply did what the Judge asked them to and lashing out at them is not right because they didn't want to serve on this jury

Amen, Kayla.

I imagine that there were even members of the jury who thought that Casey did have something to do with Caylee's death, but they did what they are suppose to do and acquitted Casey because the state didn't prove their case.

Carrieflattsfan

That's what my Mom said too. The state's case was shot because they couldn't prove how Caylee died.
I don't blame the jury, but I do think it's a shame that they chose not to convict her with what they had. People have convicted of serious crimes using much less evidence, most of which can be circumstantial. Physical evidence is NOT everything.
For goodness sakes, I just read a story today that a guy who shot HIMSELF in the leg is going to spend two years in prison.
What is wrong with our justice system??

knewman19

That's what my Mom said too. The state's case was shot because they couldn't prove how Caylee died.
I don't blame the jury, but I do think it's a shame that they chose not to convict her with what they had. People have convicted of serious crimes using much less evidence, most of which can be circumstantial. Physical evidence is NOT everything.
For goodness sakes, I just read a story today that a guy who shot HIMSELF in the leg is going to spend two years in prison.
What is wrong with our justice system??

But what they had was a little girl dead and nobody has any idea how she died. The state says she was murdered but have nothing to back that up with so what are the jurors suppose to convict her with? At no point was a murder ever proven.... being a liar and bad parent sure that was but murder was never proven so how do they convict on murder if you can't prove a murder took place. being a bad parent doesn't mean you killed the child and the state imo didn't do a very good charge and instead by failing to prove a murder took place left the jurors with only one choice and that was not guilty.

they only took 11 hours to come to a verdict so they pretty much didn't believe anything the state said because they couldn't prove that a crime occured

Carrieflattsfan

But what they had was a little girl dead and nobody has any idea how she died. The state says she was murdered but have nothing to back that up with so what are the jurors suppose to convict her with? At no point was a murder ever proven.... being a liar and bad parent sure that was but murder was never proven so how do they convict on murder if you can't prove a murder took place. being a bad parent doesn't mean you killed the child and the state imo didn't do a very good charge and instead by failing to prove a murder took place left the jurors with only one choice and that was not guilty.

they only took 11 hours to come to a verdict so they pretty much didn't believe anything the state said because they couldn't prove that a crime occured

The prosecutors did have the medical examiner testify (or whoever did the autopsy)), and she did say that Caylee was absolutely murdered.
The little girl didn't search for cloroform, put duct tape over her mouth, and climb in a trash bag.
I agree that being an awful parent doesn't mean she murdered her child in the eyes of the state, but no one can convince me that she wasn't guilty because all they had to work with was circumstantial evidence.

Mirasa45A

I have lived in so many different countries in my life time, but living in this country (USA) is so very special for me because of the Justice System is the BEST in the world, in my opinion (not perfect but still the best) -- the US constitution is designed to protect the UN FORTUNATE people like Casey Anthony -- it's truly "You are innocent until proven guilty". This is just my opinion.

knewman19

The prosecutors did have the medical examiner testify (or whoever did the autopsy)), and she did say that Caylee was absolutely murdered.
The little girl didn't search for cloroform, put duct tape over her mouth, and climb in a trash bag.
I agree that being an awful parent doesn't mean she murdered her child in the eyes of the state, but no one can convince me that she wasn't guilty because all they had to work with was circumstantial evidence.

The medical examiner who did the autopsy said on the stand she could not find a cause a death.
Im not saying you don't have to think she isn't guilty all I am saying is that the state did a bad job and couldn't prove there case.
The jury couldn't convict her because the evidence didn't show a murder happened and they unlike us are not allowed to bring the emotion that we feel into the decision. they have to base it on the facts and the facts just aren't there to support a first degree murder conviction. maybe if the state didn't over charge the case to begin with they could have gotten a conviction on something like manslaughter

carrietakethewheel

its the CSI effect... people now expect hard science to convict. problem is, the hard science is not going to be present in every crime scene

15 years ago she probably would have been convicted.

I'm agreeing on this. I didn't follow on the whole case, but I've seen it on the news. I'm shocked as well that the Mother didn't at least get jail time. To me, from reading posts, if the girl had duct tape over her mouth and was found in a trashcan, then I'd say that that poor girl was kidnapped and eventually killed.

Odd they couldn't find a cause of death. Makes me wonder if they eventually will somehow? :confused: