Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMA Music Fest 2011--- Anyone Watching?

hjj

Well I ended up and only watched TBP and then moments of Jason Aldean and KC performance. I will catch it once it gets on GAC.

bigbluegrl23

I watched Sara because my Mom called me down. Haha. She sounded good and looked amazing though.

I only really wanted to watch Rascal Flatts- I thought Gary sounded awesome on "I Won't Let Go," but I was kind of disappointed by how they filmed all the lighters/lights during the performance.
It was cool to look at, but it just didn't translate as well as I thought it could've- people who were there said it was an incredible sight in person.

And I really liked the meledy with LBT- but unfortunately I got to spend most of it listening to my parents complain- "why are they doing cover songs when they have so many good ones?"

It's Rascal Flatts...as if they think I care what they sing? They should know, having lived through 11 years of my fandom. Shame. :p

from someone who was there in person, it really did look incredible.
becca T

buckeyecarriefan

I shouldn't think this, because they're all old enough to be my mom. But Sara Evans, Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride, and Shania Twain are hot. :p

Carrieflattsfan

I shouldn't think this, because they're all old enough to be my mom. But Sara Evans, Jennifer Nettles, Martina McBride, and Shania Twain are hot. :p

I shouldn't think this because they're all old enough to be my Dad.

But Joe Don Rooney, Gary Levox, Luke Bryan, Dierks Bently & Jimmy Westbrook are hot. :p

*Inserts awkward photo of Taylor Swift*:

taylor-swift-1-cma-music-festival-2011-ap.jpg

buckeyecarriefan

I shouldn't think this because they're all old enough to be my Dad.

But Joe Don Rooney, Gary Levox, Luke Bryan, Dierks Bently & Jimmy Westbrook are hot. :p

*Inserts awkward photo of Taylor Swift*:

taylor-swift-1-cma-music-festival-2011-ap.jpg

I was gonna say Luke wasn't old enough, then I realized he's 35. Wow.

And I guess for Jennifer Nettles to be my mom she woulda got an early start, considering she's only like 12 years and a month older than me haha. So we'll just say she's like an older sister's best friend. Which is 100% not weird.

teesharky

It really was enjoyable except for the lack of Carrie. I just like how SWSRN was stuck in one part of the segment for once, instead of us having to see her all freakin' night.

It felt like it was a good representative of country music right now, but for Carrie's absence.

The Nanook

I watched this first half or so. The CMA Fest always gets boring the last hour. They could definitely make it a two hour show instead of three and get rid of the performances most people don't really care about.

From memory:

I love Working on a Tan so I was delighted to hear Brad open with it.

Sara Evans did really well. I'm glad she's making a comeback.

I'm 99% sure TS used auto tune or had some sort of post vocal enhancing - I can usually tell when an artist uses a bit of "help," even Carrie - but they must not have done it right because she sounded flat out weird. It was painful to listen to. I remember TS also used it at last year's CMA Fest, but she actually sounded good then.

Also I'm surprised with the absence of Kenny Chesney the past few CMA Fests it seems.

Nothing will beat the experience of watching my first CMA Festival, but this year's Fest seemed better than last year's from what I remember.

I watched it last night - LOVED it. As far as Sugarland goes; I love that ABC took the care to put "Recorded on June 10th" under their performance so that others would not think they were out partying the day after the Indiana tragedy. Also that "Find The Beat Again" was very appropriate in light of the tragedy.

Carrieflattsfan

If anyone is interested, fans posted some much better videos of RF's performance of IWLG.

Seeing all the lights from the fans prospective, it's absolutely gorgeous. :) ABC really didn't capture the true effect.

Carrieflattsfan

keith-urban.jpg

CMA Music Festival –
Country's Night to Rock

Premieres Sep. 17 at 9|8c

It's country music's night to rock with over 30 artists featured in this 3-hour concert special filmed at the 2011 fall Music Fest.