Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMT Awards 2011 Will be June 8th During CMA Fest Week :)

teesharky

Not sure if Carrie will attend or perform, but since she will be in town for the fanclub party the night before, hopefully she will also attend the CMT Awards. :)

cmtcody

Save the Date- just announced the CMT Music Awards JUNE 8th! Will be awesome. You can trust me. #fb http://t.co/Yas5DpO

Kizmet311

I wish I knew if Carrie was going to be there. I plan on taking off the 7th and 8th to go to the fan club party and hopefully the Opry. If I knew Carrie was going to be there, I might just stay one more night and go to the CMT awards. I got to go to those once, back when they were called the Flameworthy Awards. It was pretty awesome, as I was in one of those pit areas next to the stage. Of course, that was before Carrie's time, but I got to see lots of artists up close and personal! I had a friend that went to Belmont, so those students got to be in the pit and she got me in.

teesharky

That sounds like alot of fun! I hope she goes too. She really has no excuse since the Fanclub party is the day before so we know she will be in town. lol But given what is going on lately with the label, and how many award shows she has skipped, I wouldn't count on anything at this point. Hopefully she will be there though. It is just that she doesn't have any new songs to sing or any singles to promote, so I have no idea what she would sing.

I cant believe we're already thinking of the CMT awards, that seems so far away! Hopefully Carrie will get some nomination for TH and UI, or even MS

carebear4eva

I'm pinning my hopes on Undo It.

MS video wasn't well made, IMO.

TH had a better video, I think, but it's not very CMT-award type....UI is our best shot, and I'm pooling my votes on the song.

nccountrygal

What are the eligible videos for her this year?

I think TH, UI, and MS would all be eligible. I know Carrie won for TH for her invitation only peformance last year so TH may not be eligible but I don''t really know. Of course Carrie would be competing again with Miranda since THTBM would probably also be in the running and well I guess we know who will win that one.

undrwood9098

If Carrie's going to get a VOTY nod, I think it'll be with UI. It broke the record on the CMT Top 20 Countdown, so it's obvious that the network is fond of the video since they kept it on the voting list for that long.

I think MS could win for FVOTY. I'm not sure Carrie would get another CMT Performance of the Year nomination, but it'd be cool if she did get one! Saaaaay, for CMT Artists of the Year, CMAs, or CMT Awards last year...? :)

I'm not getting my hopes up. Those are just what I think Carrie could get nominated in...

pklongbeach

So I think basically it's UI and MS.
So I see it being against UI and THTBM and politics will win the day. Even though UI was more popular.

cpeTN89

I'm pinning my hopes on Undo It.

MS video wasn't well made, IMO.

TH had a better video, I think, but it's not very CMT-award type....UI is our best shot, and I'm pooling my votes on the song.

I respectfully agree and disagree lol. I do think UI will be the video that get nominated for Female Video and Video of the Year. Because it hit over a million views on cmt.com and beat the record at top 20. I think think her performance of UI at the CMT Awards last year might even get a nom in the live performance category.

But I disagree about MS. I think it was made very well and a beautiful video. Not my favorite single but one of my favorite Carrie videos. I think this video is the most she has ever let the public into her personal life and including mike and her mom in it was awesome. I also loved the whole photo album theme and showing pictures of Carrie and her family from when she was younger. So, like I said, it wasn't my favorite single choice but I think it is a wonderful video that deserves recognition but wont ever get it. I think the same director directed TH and MS. What is his name, Shawn Silva, not for sure...but I really hope she continues to do more videos with him. Kinda glad she broke away from doing videos with Roman in the PO era. I love all her videos with him but she needed something fresh and the guy that did TH and MS is amazing.

carriecountrystar

So I think basically it's UI and MS.
So I see it being against UI and THTBM and politics will win the day. Even though UI was more popular.

Yeah I could totally see that happening.
or if Only prettier is nominated-that'd sweep too because laura bell bundy, kellie pickler, hillary scott all made cameo appearances in that vid so they'd all tell their fans to vote for the vid + miranda politics

Kenny_Chisholm

^ But since it is fan voted we only have ourselves to blame. Also seeing how everything is so quiet now, we will have nothing else better to do than vote like crazy!

pklongbeach

I have to be honest and say I don't trust the honesty of the voting system.
I think they have a show to put on and they know exactly who they intend to focus on. That is not to say I won't vote. But this will be exactly like what we have been seeing all year long. There is no reason to think it will suddenly change.
But I will certainly vote. Cause rigged or not, they will still see the real numbers behind closed doors and know who came out on top.

Carrie Country

Hopefully they don't ask Kid Rock to host again he sucked and lowered the class of the show......Then again it's CMT so nothing with them surprises me anymore.....They have turned that channel into a joke anyway!!!

epicamends

I actually love the MS video, it's my favorite thing about that song being released as a single. lol.

I hope last year's CMT Awards performance of Undo It is nominated for Performance of the Year. That was incredible.

DaisyTweets

I actually love the MS video, it's my favorite thing about that song being released as a single. lol.

I hope last year's CMT Awards performance of Undo It is nominated for Performance of the Year. That was incredible.

This is what I think too! I think the Mama's Song video was very well done and just so very, very special! And last year's CMT Awards performance of Undo It was out of this world GREAT! And I would bet my last dollar that it will be a nominee this year!

teesharky

^ Not sure when tickets go on sale but CMT will likely have a press release soon.

I also love the MS video even though I was not fond of the song as a radio single. The video is very well done, as was TH.

I think it will be too late for TH though as that won something last year-- so I think Carrie's submissions will be Undo It and MS. Undo It has a shot at CMT Performance of the year from last year's show.

But I think either Miranda or Taylor are going to get the love this year, for the other categories.

It would be really nice if someone OTHER then Taylor won Video of the year for once, if it won't be Carrie. lol