Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CMT Awards 2011 Will be June 8th During CMA Fest Week :)

Zman312

^ Not sure when tickets go on sale but CMT will likely have a press release soon.

I also love the MS video even though I was not fond of the song as a radio single. The video is very well done, as was TH.

I think it will be too late for TH though as that won something last year-- so I think Carrie's submissions will be Undo It and MS. Undo It has a shot at CMT Performance of the year from last year's show.

But I think either Miranda or Taylor are going to get the love this year, for the other categories.

It would be really nice if someone OTHER then Taylor won Video of the year for once, if it won't be Carrie. lol

I can careless about the CMT awards.... and the fact that Carrie have nothing to promote, I can see her skipping the CMT awards as I believe her mom bday is around this time!

I still don't believe that Miranda beat out Taylor and Carrie last year for FV. (I am still upset that Miranda have two videos nominated for ACM...OP is a horrible video!!!)

Carrie Country

I can careless about the CMT awards.... and the fact that Carrie have nothing to promote, I can see her skipping the CMT awards as I believe her mom bday is around this time!

I still don't believe that Miranda beat out Taylor and Carrie last year for FV. (I am still upset that Miranda have two videos nominated for ACM...OP is a horrible video!!!)

Only Prettier is a GREAT!!!!(!) video very creative much better than anything SWSRN can do......Come on it's so pathetic that Carrie fans can't let this go......come on seriously Miranda is having a good year big deal......it's not like our sweet Carrie won't ever again.......her career isn't over......so just let it go and move on......Carrie's 4th album should be out sometime at the end of 2011 maybe even the first of 2012......can't we just look forward to that I myself can't wait.......for now I'm enjoying watching my other girl Miranda get her time in the spotlight she earned it!!!!!(!)

carriecountrystar

^ we give credit where due. if miranda earned it-we wouldn't be talking. it's not about us not being able to have another artist who has earned it not be rewarded for it JUST because it's not carrie. It's about the total oversaturation that's sickening.
it's just upsetting how she got there (with the label) pushing people to get to where she is now. I hate the dirty politics played by her team. it just totally defeats the whole credibility of the award and makes it so meaningless when people who hasn't even reached that level can be in the spotlight through manipulation and rewarded undeservingly. btw, this isn't a personal "attack" against miranda at all. talking mostly about her team that takes things out of bound.
plus, what does this have to do with taylor?

Zman312

Only Prettier is a GREAT!!!!(!) video very creative much better than anything SWSRN can do......Come on it's so pathetic that Carrie fans can't let this go......come on seriously Miranda is having a good year big deal......it's not like our sweet Carrie won't ever again.......her career isn't over......so just let it go and move on......Carrie's 4th album should be out sometime at the end of 2011 maybe even the first of 2012......can't we just look forward to that I myself can't wait.......for now I'm enjoying watching my other girl Miranda get her time in the spotlight she earned it!!!!!(!)

I think it's funny that you always bring Taylor when comparing Miranda... Miranda is good, but OP was a pretty bad song and the video was corny as well!!!

One of the reason that we are hard on Miranda is because she is being pushed when she is NOT the top country artist. She does not deserve all the recognition.. THTBM does but this one song made her a superstar when in reality she is not even within the top 5!!!

Carrie Country

I think it's funny that you always bring Taylor when comparing Miranda... Miranda is good, but OP was a pretty bad song and the video was corny as well!!!

One of the reason that we are hard on Miranda is because she is being pushed when she is NOT the top country artist. She does not deserve all the recognition.. THTBM does but this one song made her a superstar when in reality she is not even within the top 5!!!

I believe Carrie fans would be hard on Miranda no matter what.....this is the end of the Play On era which Carrie fans don't see to even realize......you just automatically turn it into an all out attack against her from her own record company when you don't even have all the proof......and why do I bring SWSRN into it?.......because Miranda is better than her hands down......and it seems right now the Carrie warriors are turning Miranda into the next Taylor picking on her about every little thing.......and maybe even bashing her just because the warriors didn't get their way.......sorry but that is what it looks like.......this is Carrie's down time before the next album comes out so other artists deserve this chance at the spotlight.......then our girl will be back better than ever on the top of the world with #1 songs and winning awards.......yes the GREAT!!! Carrie Underwood will be back......believe warriors just believe!!!!!

robinannhunt

I believe Carrie fans would be hard on Miranda no matter what.....this is the end of the Play On era which Carrie fans don't see to even realize......you just automatically turn it into an all out attack against her from her own record company when you don't even have all the proof......and why do I bring SWSRN into it?.......because Miranda is better than her hands down......and it seems right now the Carrie warriors are turning Miranda into the next Taylor picking on her about every little thing.......and maybe even bashing her just because the warriors didn't get their way.......sorry but that is what it looks like.......this is Carrie's down time before the next album comes out so other artists deserve this chance at the spotlight.......then our girl will be back better than ever on the top of the world with #1 songs and winning awards.......yes the GREAT!!! Carrie Underwood will be back......believe warriors just believe!!!!!

Since you seem to be bringing in SWSRN into your Maranda comments I must say that I see a very accurate but poorly done likeness to the "push" that SWSRN was given in the Maranda "push".

epicamends

^ No matter what we say, you're going to continue believing that we all hate Miranda (which is so far from the truth it's not even funny), and yet you're still going to continue bashing Taylor. I give up.

Carrie Country

Just keep believing warriors none of this means it's the end of our sweet Carrie's career no matter who may have been "pushed" Carrie will be back on top where she belongs!!!!

robinannhunt

Just keep believing warriors none of this means it's the end of our sweet Carrie's career no matter who may have been "pushed" Carrie will be back on top where she belongs!!!!

Carrie is at the top now. Even in the off year. These other artists are just trying to get there.:D

Zman312

We are hard on Miranda because the label is HOLDING CARRIE BACK to give Miranda this spotlight! Miranda's 9 nominations at the CMA and 7 at the ACM is to much when Carrie have outshined are in all department! WH was not that big of a song, THTBM was and she did get recognization for it (IMNH, too much love for it). Yes she was not the front runner and was always in Carrie's and Taylor's shadow but now she is being PUSHED to get that spotlight while others are being over looked!

I agree that Miranda IS better than Taylor, but Taylor have the numbers to back herself up. She definitely doesn't have the voice but she have that legion of fans! I don't like Taylor but I have to give her credit on that aspect. I hate that Taylor label is constantly shoving her to us and Miranda's label is doing the same. But the differrnce is that Miranda is not bringing that same level of success as Taylor is to BM.

Carrie is still SONY'S top FEMALE ARTIST, but they are making it seem like Miranda is!!!! THAT IS MY PROBLEM. I actually did like Miranda until the label intervened!!!! I strongly believe Carrie didn't have a 5th single so Miranda will be the only one active; therefore, by default Miranda will win FV!!!

ALSO TO ADD: Yes, I am biased as I am a Carrie fan, but I like to be fair and Miranda is not at the same level!!!

carriecountrystar

ok, just so you know, this isn't like anything personal on you or anything. I think you're a great warrior and will support carrie no matter what but it's just confusing sometimes to me when I read about how we're all "picking" on miranda.
how has carrie fans been hard on miranda? Where have we not given credit where due for someone "on the top" just because carrie is supposedly "not on the top because of down time". Miranda's first single didn't even reach top 30 on charts. carrie's first single was FASTEST RISING single of 2009 and #1 -platinum to top it off. Her second single only reached #2 on BB while Carrie's "temporary home" reached #1 on BB. Her 3nd single spent 3 weeks at #1 and has gotten her song of the year awards. have we said we had a problem with that? We SEE that it was a success and carrie fans have congratulated her for the success and wins for it. Her following single, OP barely reached top 10 while UNDO IT sailed to #1 and went PLATINUM.
"revolution" has gone platinum while "play on" has reached 2x platinum. those 500,000 ++ more albums are A LOT more.
what WE have been saying without discrediting her ONLY successful single "HTBM" is that she's suddenly "the queen" and "on the top" because of ONE single.
her tour wasn't even half as big as carrie's while carrie was the TOP country touring artist along with taylor. (I mention taylor because you mentioned her).
Carrie dominated country radio during miranda's "reign" where carrie was only below lady A (and another male artist?). she was the most played female artist while even with "HTBM"-miranda couldn't compete with carrie's airplay.
Not to mention Carrie did GREAT WORKS for country music and had a big hand in helping out nashville flood (with her temporary home funding) and also MANY MANY other charity work.
I can mention A BILLION other accomplishments carrie has done in her play on era that tops miranda but I don't want to be that "mean".
what I'm trying to say is that CARRIE HAS BEEN ON THE TOP and IS the top female country artist. if she hasn't been and has been flopping charts (and not pushing up #1 after another like she has this year) and hasn't been delivering on stages well and her sales has less than others and her presence has been dwindling and some other superstar has been topping carrie and is the one on everyone's mind then NO ONE WOULD be complaining AT ALL. it's not about who we love best but WHO DESERVES IT THE MOST and was PUSHED aside by someone much less deserving
if you're talking about "downtime" and "letting people shine who ARE on top" then that's basically what we've been trying to say because, to be frank, all that miranda has accomplished isn't even up to 1/3 of what carrie has accomplished and been doing IN AND FOR country music community. Even with carrie not having a 5th single-she's STILL on top with the 4 singles she's released. She's still EVERYWHERE and every bit of little news from/about her- is BIG stuff to people all around! I don't appreciate them trying to shove down miranda by over-saturation and over-promotion and going as far as to manipulate and PUSH people DOWN to get to where she is. that's just messed up and it's NOT what country music is about AND it defeats THE WHOLE PURPOSE of awards and brings down the credibility when someone else has had to accomplish and reach a certain level before getting it and now suddenly someone who hasn't even reached it just gets it on a silver platter and those petty 15 minutes of fame.
I'm sorry but I have to say that we're not the ones "picking" on anybody. I find it interesting that you have to bash taylor almost every time you're trying to bring miranda up to make her superior in a way. it's hard to believe that you don't find THAT picking on somebody...
miranda still hasn't reached the level of success that carrie, lady a, and taylor has reached and no amount of twang is going to make me believe she's the best country has to offer. just saying...

Last edited: