Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Country Universe - 2011 Singles: A Wish List (Carrie mention)

hjj

I probably would not mine Change so much if it was not after TH, MS and even UI. The best songs remain on the album no wonder people don't realize how good PO actually is.

allamericangirl8

At this point, she can't go wrong on the radio. No matter what, Carrie will earn a number two song AT LEAST, so I don't see how releasing anything on this album would be a "mistake."

On the other hand, I would prefer to see a music video for WCIS, so here's to hoping that WCIS is selected. Besides, it'll be fun to actually hear my favourite song on the radio from time to time. :p

dsfox2009

I don't think that I would mind Change, but it's definitely not at the top of my list. Whenever PO first came out, Change was in my Top 3 of the songs. Now, somehow, it has started to fade. Sure, I still love it, but just not as much as other songs that I feel are better off for the radio (SWISLY, Q, and yes, I'll even admit saying WCIS would be a better choice...). Overall, I don't think that this should be the next single. Change has been perofrmed multiple times on various shows and events that people would not be excited about new music from Carrie, if that makes sense...

Claire2004

I've adored all the live performances of "Change," and I think Carrie brings amazing passion to an otherwise cliche song.
However, I wouldn't want to hear this on the radio all the time. I think the label has had so many misteps with singles this era, it's almost urgent that they pick a gem from the album to keep the interest level up.

I do like "Change," but I think it'd be a big mistake to release it at this point. I know Kevin is a big Carrie fan, but I'm surprised he likes "Change" so much. Then again, he adored "Undo It," so who knows? I was actually pretty impressed with his valid arguments in defending the merits of UI.;)

Kevin has written an earlier article titled "Sincerity" wherein he stated that Carrie sang Change with so much sincerity, maybe that's the reason he included it in his singles wish list :). Here is a part of that article:

Meanwhile, Carrie Underwood can rarely do wrong with me because she drips with sincerity, something that was prevalent even during her embryonic Idol days, but has really come into play with her writing so much of her material. “Change” is my favorite song she’s done so far, not just because I fully agree with the message, but that she sings it with such sincerity. Does she live out the message in her own life? I have no idea. But her performance is so powerful to my ears that it being her authentic life story is as irrelevant to me as the fact that Sean Penn and Susan Sarandon aren’t really a death row convict and a Catholic nun, respectively.
Country Universe – A Country Music Blog » Sincerity

supercarriefan

I've adored all the live performances of "Change," and I think Carrie brings amazing passion to an otherwise cliche song.
However, I wouldn't want to hear this on the radio all the time. I think the label has had so many misteps with singles this era, it's almost urgent that they pick a gem from the album to keep the interest level up.

I do like "Change," but I think it'd be a big mistake to release it at this point. I know Kevin is a big Carrie fan, but I'm surprised he likes "Change" so much. Then again, he adored "Undo It," so who knows? I was actually pretty impressed with his valid arguments in defending the merits of UI.;)

I agree with what you said about the live performances of Change. For me, that song really comes alive when Carrie sings it live with so much emotion. I'm not sure that emotion would come through on radio, but it might just surprise people :).
I certainly don't agree with your statement about the label making mis-steps with the singles. CC, TH, and UI all went to #1, and MS went to #2....those aren't mis-steps. There would have been mis-steps if they released a song that landed outside the Top 5. The album was just certified double platinum...clearly there is still interest in it, so they don't need to release a gem to keep up sales. Furthermore, a great single choice to you might not be a great single choice to someone else. It's all about opinions, and as long as Carrie and the label choose a song they are both happy with, then I'm happy.
Sorry for the rant, but I'm tired of people claiming the label screwed up in some way this era when Carrie is still incredibly successful at radio. They didn't screw up. I believe Carrie just happened to have picked singles she was really proud of this era...good for her!

Gator

^^ Agree. In the end, it's Carrie's career. And, I am here to support her and her decisions.

abbeyjones18

One of my pet peeves is questioning Carrie's team/label (even though I might have done it a couples times in the past...lol...)...they know what they are doing here, and it's obvious that they are doing it well... :)

nccountrygal

Change is a great charity single, but it should NOT ever be a radio single.

I agree with you on this. I love Change and I always go back and put this song on repeat. I just love the way Carrie sings it but I definitely do not see this song as a single. I am still hoping her label releases WCIS as the 5th single!