Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Cry Pretty' chart updates

PRGuy79

Excellent article on Cry Pretty chart stall by Trigger at Saving Country Music https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/carrie-underwoods-cry-pretty-tanks-at-country-radio/

This article actually makes me very sad. Unsurprising commentary at this point, but sad nonetheless.

Trigger goes on to add to his words in the comments section, stating that the promotion of the album roll-out (and tour next summer) seems "off' in timing, and I have to agree. I think everything got bumped by the accident and the need to roll-out differently than originally planned. This had to also impact the song's chart run. And now the pregnancy has created the need to further adjust the schedule. Today's news of canceling the UK promotion, which is what Universal seemed especially focused on (expanding her base), makes me very nervous about the era.

stacy2018

This article actually makes me very sad. Unsurprising commentary at this point, but sad nonetheless.

Trigger goes on to add to his words in the comments section, stating that the promotion of the album roll-out (and tour next summer) seems "off' in timing, and I have to agree. I think everything got bumped by the accident and the need to roll-out differently than originally planned. This had to also impact the song's chart run. And now the pregnancy has created the need to further adjust the schedule. Today's news of canceling the UK promotion, which is what Universal seemed especially focused on (expanding her base), makes me very nervous about the era.
Said that from the beginning Poor timing on pregnancy and releasing an album. then she is going to make us wait 9 months for her to tour.

liz278

Said that from the beginning Poor timing on pregnancy and releasing an album. then she is going to make us wait 9 months for her to tour.

She always said that she was on God's timing. I have to believe that she knows that it might all fall but she always said that she would do this as long as she was able to. I also believe that when the tour starts we will all be there excited to see her again.

txacar

She always said that she was on God's timing. I have to believe that she knows that it might all fall but she always said that she would do this as long as she was able to. I also believe that when the tour starts we will all be there excited to see her again.

I agree. I'm still excited to get the album and hear the next single. Hoping with all my heart that she will be well enough to do her stateside promo -- if not, so be it. Life isn't perfect, even for a mega superstar. I'll still love it whenever, and when the tour starts, as you said, I'll be so excited I'll be reading the concert thread constantly until next Sept. when I will see her (if not before, lol).

MSCarriefan

100% agree. I was just going to post something similar. Carrie's moto has always been she is on God's timing. She seems so overjoyed about the album and the baby that I hope the best for her. I feel like this baby is something they have both been wanting for a while and the album is one she has put so much heart in. This is an exciting time for her and we are just along for the ride. I hope she gets better and stronger

angeliccarrie

I just have a really bad feeling with this whole era. I hope I'm wrong, but everything is way off. Cry Pretty shouldn't have been the lead single. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, it's not radio friendly.

Cry Pretty overstayed it's welcome on radio. I think they should moved on to single number 2 earlier, but the label probably held back because Carrie is pregnant. They have to draw it out because her tour doesn't start until May of next year.

I am happy that Carrie is having a baby, but it's just seems like bad timing.

Also, I hope they have something planned to get some enthusiasm going because it feels like this whole era lacks excitement, strategy and momentum.

I loved Carrie since AI, but I wasn't that excited for the new album until I heard the clips today. Although, I strongly dislike the album cover. The glitter tears are played out. I wonder why they decided to move forward with this cover.

Please don't hate me, but all of these things have been bothering me for awhile. I'll go run and hide now.

_luvqry

Whats up with those new fans that only writes complaints? Geez Carrie is trying her best for her fans. You're on a Carrie site, show some support.

cindy27

Whats up with those new fans that only writes complaints? Geez Carrie is trying her best for her fans. You're on a Carrie site, show some support.

This is a message board. We can express our opinions any way we want. All some us is saying all this is bad timing even some people in the business say the same thing according to some of the articles.

cindy27

I just have a really bad feeling with this whole era. I hope I'm wrong, but everything is way off. Cry Pretty shouldn't have been the lead single. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, it's not radio friendly.

Cry Pretty overstayed it's welcome on radio. I think they should moved on to single number 2 earlier, but the label probably held back because Carrie is pregnant. They have to draw it out because her tour doesn't start until May of next year.

I am happy that Carrie is having a baby, but it's just seems like bad timing.

Also, I hope they have something planned to get some enthusiasm going because it feels like this whole era lacks excitement, strategy and momentum.

I loved Carrie since AI, but I wasn't that excited for the new album until I heard the clips today. Although, I strongly dislike the album cover. The glitter tears are played out. I wonder why they decided to move forward with this cover.

Please don't hate me, but all of these things have been bothering me for awhile. I'll go run and hide now.

. I love Carrie been a fan since AI and have met her on The Storyteller Tour. But I completely agree

txacar

This is a message board. We can express our opinions any way we want. All some us is saying all this is bad timing even some people in the business say the same thing according to some of the articles.

Nobody said the timing is perfect, but many of us are anxious to hear the album with or without promo. However, discrimination against women in country music is on the rise and I'm sure it is much worse for pregnant women. After all, baby bumps look terrible on the radio so we might have to forget the country stations and stream if we want to hear her.

P.S. I love the new clips.

txacar

Three days ago Maddkat wrote: "In the last two days I've read among other things she's a terrible dresser, she's not a very good producer,her writing is cheesy/childish,and she can't seem to sing her own songs correctly.They can't seem to help themselves."

We can now add terrible sense of timing to that.

liz278

I hope that we hear soon that Carrie is okay. I am checking all social media to see if anything has been posted.

And it's down to 8 days! I hope that if someone doesn't have good things to say that they wait for those of us who are so happy with new music for a while to rain on our parade. :)

txacar

^Praying for her. I'll check back early tomorrow (actually today, it's after 1:00 now). Re album, everybody at the listening sessions loved the songs. I'm not going to read negative posts, lol

adam1995

My guess is trolls? Who joins a fan board to only complain?

I don't understand why people are nervous about this era? Just enjoy new music, its not all about charts and stats, it should be about Carrie and the music.

Plus, I feel it's a bit selfish of some to suggest her pregnancy was bad timing, as if an album is more important than her happiness and family. Plus, big deal you have to wait a few extra months for the tour, you'll see her. Let her live her life.

pgk

i thought this was a Carrie Underwood site. If you want a message board try Pulse .

mbh

100% agree. I was just going to post something similar. Carrie's moto has always been she is on God's timing. She seems so overjoyed about the album and the baby that I hope the best for her. I feel like this baby is something they have both been wanting for a while and the album is one she has put so much heart in. This is an exciting time for her and we are just along for the ride. I hope she gets better and stronger

I agree. Carrie is on God's timing. Imagine, 40 to 50 stitches in her face - when she came back, she looks EVEN MORE stunning and her vocal performance of Cry Pretty in 2018 ACM Awards and 2018 Top 5 American Idol is EVEN MORE stunning (including See You Again with the Top 5).

PRGuy79

So country radio decided to play CP now... lol

37. CRY PRETTY (+14 spins, +0.94 million airplay.)

And the public have decided to start buying it again! I've enjoyed seeing the resurgence for the song on ITunes, even leading the new single for a time.