Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Pretty Era - Current iTunes/Streaming Positions

simonplay

Like. What do you want them to do? Lmao

Oh sorry I don't work in a record label but I will let you know if some day that happen. Meanwhile we can use some logic and think that the best label in the world should have some other ideas than a twit teĺling people "buy or stream CP". LOL

adam1995

You’re joking,right?I know what you’re saying is sarcasm,right?Are all of you giving up so easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope...if "Cry Pretty" hasn't been #1 in sales for the past three months, there is no point to having an album.

Yes, it was sarcasm. I think there's too many of us hung up on sales in an era when sales are dead. I'd like more streaming, but we can't rely on song sales anymore.

adam1995

Oh sorry I don't work in a record label but I will let you know if some day that happen. Meanwhile we can use some logic and think that the best label in the world should have some other ideas than a twit teĺling people "buy or stream CP". LOL

Well, since they are the "best label", then I'll trust them.

Nope...if "Cry Pretty" hasn't been #1 in sales for the past three months, there is no point to having an album.

Yes, it was sarcasm. I think there's too many of us hung up on sales in an era when sales are dead. I'd like more streaming, but we can't rely on song sales anymore.

Something tells me she isn’t the only artist having a tough time selling songs as far as country music goes.There’s just no easy way to get Carrie’s streaming numbers up when everyone is having the same problem.I think getting hung up on her song sales & worrying about it isn’t going to do any of us any good in the long run.Life is too short to be worrying about things like this.

adam1995

Yes, we know that losing spins and airplay, selling 2k and non existent streaming is "stellar" for you, I get it, now excuse me if I have other opinion. Thanks.

I just won't jump the gun. But if you'd like to throw the towel in go ahead. I'll actually give them a chance.

simonplay

I just won't jump the gun. But if you'd like to throw the towel in go ahead. I'll actually give them a chance.

It's ok, I just had big expectations with UMG and now I can't deal with the fact that Carrie Underwood's lead single is doing this bad (for me at least). Of course I somehow expect it to rise but it doesn't look good.

adam1995

Something tells me she isn’t the only artist having a tough time selling songs as far as country music goes.There’s just no easy way to get Carrie’s streaming numbers up when everyone is having the same problem.I think getting hung up on her song sales & worrying about it isn’t going to do any of us any good in the long run.Life is too short to be worrying about things like this.

What I'm saying is sales aren't really what drives the industry anymore, so if anyone is expecting her to sell 25,000+ copies every week it probably won't be happening, so yes she has as much trouble as anyone selling songs. Plus, slower songs don't always sell as well as up tempo, this we know.

Streaming, however, does drive the industry, and hopefully UMG can figure out how to get her streaming numbers up. Some newer artists like Luke Combs, Kane Brown, Brett Young, etc. are streaming respectably well, and it would be possible to at least boost the streams a little. I'm not expecting any record breaking streaming numbers, just a bump, a little more visibility.

But, you're right, there's no need to worry. It is what it is. Carrie is a success and is already a legend, we are lucky to have seen a career like her's. And I'm sure there are highlights still to come, one song doesn't define her career.

adam1995

It's ok, I just had big expectations with UMG and now I can't deal with the fact that Carrie Underwood's lead single is doing this bad (for me at least). Of course I somehow expect it to rise but it doesn't look good.

It could just be an anomaly, but we'll see. Their strategy could be to let the song climb, build her presence, and just explode in September. I don't know, but it doesn't seem too bad yet.

adam1995

How can we see an update of Carrie's career sales? I know Billboard used to do a column updating sales or artists when they've been asked to by fans, but I don't know if they still do it? I'm asking since we are at the start of a new era, it'd be nice to see where she stands, since some numbers haven't been updated in two to three years.

Kizmet311

How can we see an update of Carrie's career sales? I know Billboard used to do a column updating sales or artists when they've been asked to by fans, but I don't know if they still do it? I'm asking since we are at the start of a new era, it'd be nice to see where she stands, since some numbers haven't been updated in two to three years.

Could you try Roughstock? They publish that kind of information sometimes, I think.

https://twitter.com/Roughstock

PRGuy79

I'm expecting an updated certification announcement very soon, to time with the album roll-out. They can emphasize Carrie as one of the all-time highest digitally certified artists. Those updated totals will be helpful to her career bio. Perhaps in conjunction with her Hollywood Walk of Fame Star?

marpoe

I believe they still do, example below for Kelly Clarkson.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/...ly-clarksons-career-sales-wild-thoughts-about