Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 3 2016] Wellington, New Zealand - Westpac Stadium

txacar

Does anybody know if the show sold out?, I am also surprised that they didn't play more shows in New Zealand

The projected audience was rather small and I'm not sure what they would consider a sellout. Don't know if Billboard/Pollstar report international tours.

kiwicountry

Does anybody know if the show sold out?, I am also surprised that they didn't play more shows in New Zealand

It wasn't a sell out and they only used half the stadium but there were a lot more people there than I expected. And everyone that attended had a great time. If you want to get some idea of sell outs don't look at Adele's concert. It's in March in Auckland and all 3 dates sold out within minutes and broke a record - not a good thing to make a basis on. I would say that it depends on the genre. Eagles sold out, Beyonce sold out, Six60 usually sells out. Lorde would sell out. Here in NZ we are so small and love such a variety of music that I think it just depends on whether it's popular with the people or not. Country music was not a big genre a few years ago but it's just risen so fast. We have a lot of country music musicians coming through. It's really taking off here now and I can see it only getting more popular which is awesome for us country music fans! And Carrie and Keith coming here really puts NZ on the map for other country artists to want to come here. Don Henley and Jewel are coming out next year and I couldn't be more thrilled cause I am a massive Jewel fan! She is my fave artist of all time and I never in my life thought I'd ever see her live. NZ is really becoming more popular with singers and bands. Its awesome!