Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Dec 5] The Sound of Music Live! (Official Discussion Thread)

judes

After snooping around the net and engaging SOM Live naysayers in convos and talking to my friends and acquaintances for this past week, I have found that those that disliked or hated it - 1. Never saw it 2. Turned it off in the first half hour to 45 minutes. The other thing I found as some of you have posted 1. the more times you watch it the better it gets. 2. How Carrie as Maria grows on you. I think those that still have a Julie in their minds watching Carrie at first they couldn't get past the "Julie comparison" ,then the second time they really began to see Carrie's Maria - one person said(who didn't like the idea of Carrie Underwood playing Maria at all) upon the first viewing, I was pleasantly surprised by Carrie Underwood's vocal prowess but not a fan of her acting , upon the second viewing he said he felt her acting was much better than he first thought and he actually enjoyed her portrayal of Maria. I think what Zadan and Meron said about when the initial gasp of selecting people for roles you wouldn't expect as they did in Chicago, when time elapses and those barriers are forgotten it's a winner. I think this will happen to SOM Live also, it's already a winner for the majority of viewers.

hjj

I am one of the few that was never a big fan of SOM movie. However SOML has me as a fan. I love Carrie''s Maria. It also made me interested in the true story. I am very please with SOML and could not admire Carrie any more for her taking on this role. I am anxious to see what is next.

Pia

So TSOM L was on Danish TV tonight. I wonder how many other countries bought it?

It was announced as a great classic in a new version.

I showed it to my parents the other day. They know nothing of Carrie (except that I love her and travel to other countries just to see her live ;-) ). They both loved it and stayed awake the whole way through - a very rare occurrence for them. Only complaint was that my dad thougt it was a strange idea to make a play live on tv and not have any audience. I think the nazi plot wheeled him in. ;-)

Farawayhills

So TSOM L was on Danish TV tonight. I wonder how many other countries bought it?

As far as I can see, there seem to be no immediate plans to show it in the UK. (The '60s film version will have a rerun on TV over the Christmas season, though not in a prime time slot). I would expect the new Live version to be screened here some time in future - but it looks as if it's missed this year's holiday schedules.

teesharky

How odd that it did not air in the UK. I thought this was supposed to air all over the world? ( sad)

no Australia either? It almost feels like overseas markets just won't give Carrie a chance. How is she ever going to get more exposure overseas if no tv networks will show her?

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Ugh SOM with Julie is on tonight. I forgot and checked twitter just now. The hate has already started up.

There really isn't that much. There are a trickle of tweets with the expected Julie Andrew/Carrie comparisons, but nothing really nasty. And even that is already dying down.

gran29

I am one of the few that was never a big fan of SOM movie. However SOML has me as a fan. I love Carrie''s Maria. It also made me interested in the true story. I am very please with SOML and could not admire Carrie any more for her taking on this role. I am anxious to see what is next.

I was never a fan of the movie either. I loved the scenery and that about it. I have never watched it all the way through. Just not my cup of tea. I loved Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins, SOM not so much.

Claire2004

^^True. When I searched for Carrie-related tweets, most of the tweets were related to SNF and only a few about SOM. Many tweets were about Carrie's hotness lol, and only a few still whined that Faith's version was better.

chevrolet

Every Sunday Bob Costas mentions that Carrie (SNF theme) is coming up after the final commercial break. Either he is obsessed with Carrie or it's written in the script to keep viewers tuned in.

mbh

It was announced as a great classic in a new version.

I showed it to my parents the other day. They know nothing of Carrie (except that I love her and travel to other countries just to see her live ;-) ). They both loved it and stayed awake the whole way through - a very rare occurrence for them. Only complaint was that my dad thougt it was a strange idea to make a play live on tv and not have any audience. I think the nazi plot wheeled him in. ;-)

WOW!!! Denmark was able to sell advertising space RIGHT AWAY. Thank you SO MUCH for informing us.

rainbow1

One Carrie fan said she is watching the film with her little girl, and the daughter keeps correcting the lines and song sequence according to Carrie's!

teesharky

^ Thank goodness for SNF to beat out the SOM hate tweets. haha

Do you think Carrie will do SNF next year too? Faith did it like 5 years right? but Pink only did it 1 year. I hope Carrie does it for several years.