Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dirty Laundry" on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

Smokyiiis

Personally I think we'd already heard something if there was gonna be a fifth single. Once a song hits number 1 the next is coming out of the chute

Kizmet311

Personally I think we'd already heard something if there was gonna be a fifth single. Once a song hits number 1 the next is coming out of the chute

Unless they are giving The Fighter a chance to move up the charts a little and give some space, BUT in reality I don't think we are getting one.

maddkat

Staff member
Agree I think the chances of a 5th single are less then 1%.
SN is just not on board for 5 singles from Carrie.

Last edited:

Marv

Having a 5th single from Storyteller as well as The Fighter climbing the charts simultaneously would NOT be an issue for any country PD; keep in mind that in March of 2002, Bring On The Rain spent a month min the top 5 while The Cowboy In Me had R&R's #1 slot on lockdown for three consecutive weeks concurrently.

txacar

I agree, but the label just doesn't seem to be proactive when it comes to Carrie. They know that she is going to get #1's so it's like they don't care.

I think if Carrie wanted another single she would get it. Maybe she doesn't want to take the time away from her other interests to promote it.

Eder Rodrigues

This is kinda sad... DL dropped from #2 to #13
I guess the song was struggling to go to the top and maybe Sony made everything they could.

CU4ever

This is kinda sad... DL dropped from #2 to #13
I guess the song was struggling to go to the top and maybe Sony made everything they could.
It was ready to peak a week or two before it did, and since it had to be pushed longer than it was supposed to, I think that's why it is falling so hard.

angeliccarrie

Yes I'm not sure releasing the fighter is such a good idea, it's just much too pop. I was hoping for CCA too, but I don't think Sony will go for a 5th Carrie single.

maddkat

Staff member
Seems over at Pulse people are very unhappy with TF, but would be very much behind CCA being a single.

I don't see too much dissent over there.Just a couple people wanting CCA instead of TF. A lot are excited to see how TF does.

adam1995

I don't see too much dissent over there.Just a couple people wanting CCA instead of TF. A lot are excited to see how TF does.

Maybe it was just some of the posts I saw in a row yesterday. Because there was a lot of ill will toward the song, but again it could have just been a series of posts I saw. But, CCA seems to be rather well received over there, for sure.

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
^ I will agree most would prefer CCA be released by Carrie, but if we're not getting a 5th( as Usual) I think most can deal with TF. The 'it's not country' arguments aside.
Really we're all gonna have to let that argument go for all songs. Now days nothing is to pop not to be called country if they want to.

Kizmet311

^ I will agree most would prefer CCA be released by Carrie, but if we're not getting a 5th( as Usual) I think most can deal with TF. The 'it's not country' arguments aside.
Really we're all gonna have to let that argument go for all songs. Now days nothing is to pop not to be called country if they want to.

If country radio can play those awful Sam Hunt songs, they can play The Fighter, lol. Carrie might as well release Chaser while we're at it!

adam1995

True. They also said there was a big social media campaign for CCA to be a single. I don't know if that's true (I don't have twitter or instagram)? Hopefully it works, but I'm not optimistic, hopeful but not optimistic.

maddkat

Staff member
True. They also said there was a big social media campaign for CCA to be a single. I don't know if that's true (I don't have twitter or instagram)? Hopefully it works, but I'm not optimistic, hopeful but not optimistic.
so you missed the video a bunch of Carrie fans put together basically begging for CCA? Rare country did a little article about it and TOC & others have mentioned it too.I don't think a few Carrie fans will change SN mind though. They seem to have it set in stone that Carrie only gets 4 singles.