Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dirty Laundry" on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

amiroamor

Is it just me or women are always at #1 for only a day but men get to be there at least 6 out of 7 days in the week (i.e BS now) comfortably?

maddkat

Staff member
C2eAGkTXUAAXoVm.jpg:large

PRGuy79

Several have asked "Why did Blake's label choose to push this week?". I think Sony's record with Carrie has shown other labels that Sony is satisfied with a Mediabase #1 and this leaves the impression that they won't necessarily fight for #1 on both charts. If this keeps up, why wouldn't other labels choose to fight dirty in the final week? This strategy invites aggressive competition, in my opinion. That's just business. I wish Sony would play by those same rules.

teesharky

^ It is truly depressing that her label could not hold Blake off. But what is more infuriating is that Blake's label refused to lay off to give Carrie her week. I am still more mad at Blake's team than Sony, though SONY disappoints me too for not sealing the deal.

But had Blake held off till this week, Carrie would have the number 1. His greed and aggression is what killed us. So sickening.

teesharky

^ Thanks. Gosh I am so dumb. I bet Keith is waiting to release the song to radio etc untill the Grammys performance to kick it off. It will have a great debut then both on radio and itunes.

maddkat

Staff member
^ Thanks. Gosh I am so dumb. I bet Keith is waiting to release the song to radio etc untill the Grammys performance to kick it off. It will have a great debut then both on radio and itunes.
and we might get the video the same day,shooting for HCS #1 ( Carrie's 26th #1)

update on women on the charts, it still hasn't gotten any better

Carrie #2
Maren Morris #9 (-34)
Lauren Alaina #15 (+6)
K. Ballerini #19 (+63)
Runaway June #29 (+15)
M. Lambert #31 (+19)
Raelyn #32 (-4)

Last edited:

Marv

Furthermore, that loss of 1,300+ spins a week after reaching #1 is downright insulting and more in line with what you'd expect from a tune from Rascal Flatts or the thankfully-departed Taylor Swift, two artists whose singles were very noteworthy for sky-high burn rates, and especially RF's 'Come Wake Me Up' and its unprecedented single-week loss of 2650+ spins several years ago.

teesharky

^ perhaps the rapid fall is intentional to make way for The Fighter? I am pretty sure DL
got good callout numbers and feedback. No reason for it to fall so hard. That Blake song is so freakin boring. How it beat DL still irks me to no end.

maddkat

Staff member
^ perhaps the rapid fall is intentional to make way for The Fighter? I am pretty sure DL
got good callout numbers and feedback. No reason for it to fall so hard. That Blake song is so freakin boring. How it beat DL still irks me to no end.
this is a usual fall , not that dramatic
DL was a hit, just not a big hit

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
looking at some stations playlist over the last week....

now that they, radio - particularly Chicago ( #3 ranked) & Dallas ( #5 ranked)- lots of AIs to be had between the two , have helped BS secure his #1 over DL the stations finally decide to up the spins of DL over the last week

Chicago:
WUSN +6 spins
WBEG +12, now their most played song

Dallas:
KSCS +18 spins
KPLX +13

yeah no backdoor shenanigans going on to keep Carrie from BB #1