Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dirty Laundry" on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

Kizmet311

Maybe she doesn't know every in and out of how radio works, or RIAA, but she isn't some "Aw shucks, farm girl" anymore. She's been in the business 12 years. After twelve years I think you'd have a pretty decent idea of how the business you're in works. Maybe not every little aspect like I said, but she I'm sure knows that streaming now counts towards certifications and all that kind of stuff. Hell, if we know that, I'm sure she knows.

That's my thought - Carrie has to AT LEAST know as much as we do about the business!

teesharky

Why do people think Carrie does not understand the charts? I don't agree with that at all. she is a very smart person. If we can figure them out-- surely she can too.

I am just so disappointed and disgusted. It seems that Blake NEVER plays nice and always screws Carrie out of at least 1 chart. He has done this before. This is not the first time he blocked Carrie if I recall.

What the heck is his deal? I thought he liked Carrie but clearly he does not if he continues to refuse to play nice. I am so pissed off right now.

liveasong

I'm extremely disappointed, frustrated, exhausted.

It's like rooting for nothing.

I'd accept a #2 here and there, like it used to be until 2012. Like, "OK, we got 3 consecutive #1s. A #2 is acceptable. Nobody can win everytime".

BUT THIS?

Ever since freaking TBC, it's been a failure.

TBC #2 - SYA #2 - SITW #3 (!!!) - LTG #2 - SmB #2 - DL #2

Awesome way to end the era.
NO Billboard 200 #1
NO Hot 100 Top 20 (not even a Top 40)
NO HCS #1
Only 2 Airplay #1s

Not to mention the sales numbers...................

I never EVER asked for a Some Hearts-sized era. But I DID ask and wanted a Blown Away-sized era. And THAT Sony could have given us. It was and still is doable.

I'm DONE.

At least the tour was amazing and beyond successful, and the album itself is her best.

Her stats are still pretty impressive IMO. Other artists could only WISH they had that much love and support from Country radio.

For example, Country Queen Miranda Lambert's second single didn't even crack top 30 yet and Vice peaked a long time ago.

I'm disappointed that DL didn't hit #1 on Billboard as well but it literally makes no difference in her career.

Pi314CA

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news: #1 Blake 45.506 million AIs, #2 Carrie 45.454 million AIs

A slight bit of positiveness: DL has new peak on the HCS chart at #3, behind Keith and LBT.

Ugh, not in the mood to report the rest of the chart numbers. Why couldn't Sony push DL just a little bit ... more ...??? DL loses #1 by a measly 52k. Is it that costly to push??

carriethequeen

The Billboard Country Update is in and its official, Blake at #1 with 45.506 AIs and Carrie at #2 with 45.454 AIs. Difference of .052 AIs...what a shame!!! Absolutely no excuse as to why Sony let this happen. It hurts to miss the #1 by such a small amount. It's not like Blake's label was being aggressive, they were just "powering up" for this week. It's just that Sony didn't push through the weekend and i dont get it at all

teesharky

lost BB #1 by .052!!!

dang you SN for being lazy!

And they cannot even say they didn't know how this works. They knew. They could have pushed harder or made a deal with Greedy Blake's team.

The problem to me is still that Blake's team was greedy and would not wait. Sony should have pushed harder too-- but Blake could have waited one freakin' week.

His team is ruthless. I despite his label.

carriefan14

It is a bitter pill to swallow, for sure, but we should not be depressed about it.

Carrie is still considered the top female country artist of the last decade, she will still be at the forefront of country music for a while. If she is not worried about it, neither should we be.

Just to even have a song peak in the top 5 as a female artist is something to be thankful for. #2 is not bad at all!

teesharky

The Billboard Country Update is in and its official, Blake at #1 with 45.506 AIs and Carrie at #2 with 45.454 AIs. Difference of .052 AIs...what a shame!!! Absolutely no excuse as to why Sony let this happen. It hurts to miss the #1 by such a small amount. It's not like Blake's label was being aggressive, they were just "powering up" for this week. It's just that Sony didn't push through the weekend and i dont get it at all

But they clearly were being that aggressive. Blake's team knew what they needed to get number 1 and they took it--- without any regard to playing nice or waiting their turn.

Sorry but I would not defend his team in this. They are very smart and very aware of what they needed to do to screw Carrie-- and they did it.

So pissed off.

CU4ever

lost BB #1 by .052!!!

dang you SN for being lazy!

It was so obvious from no ad last Monday that they did not plan on pushing last week. If they had made actual plans to push, and make a good push, then we would have gotten number one. Mad at Sony so much right now.

angeliccarrie

Does anyone know when her contract with Sony is up? I wonder if Carrie would consider switching labels or would she stay loyal to Sony. She should shop around in my opinion. There has to be a record label that would do right by her.

CU4ever

Does anyone know when her contract with Sony is up? I wonder if Carrie would consider switching labels or would she stay loyal to Sony. She should shop around in my opinion. There has to be a record label that would do right by her.
I think it is after album five, or six. I'm not sure. Major artists like Carrie usually never change labels, I don't think that has been done ever, and if so it was some years back. I think Carrie really should switch labels, there has to be some label that can do right by her.

carriethequeen

But they clearly were being that aggressive. Blake's team knew what they needed to get number 1 and they took it--- without any regard to playing nice or waiting their turn.

Sorry but I would not defend his team in this. They are very smart and very aware of what they needed to do to screw Carrie-- and they did it.

So pissed off.

I don't know what happens behind the scenes so I'm just going off public information which is Blake had a full page power up ad in Country Aircheck last week. If it had said "max spins" or "heading for #1" then that would clearly be them trying to screw Carrie, but all they were doing was getting his song ready for a #1 this week. SN had NO ADS for Carrie last week which is ridiculous and let Blake squeak by by not promoting Carrie as hard as they should.

I'm angry too but no label/artist is going to play nice and wait their turn in this radio market which is why Carrie needs a label that will fight for her! Blake was powering up and SN stood by.

teesharky

^ True. Sony clearly dropped the ball. I am so tired of it as DL had good callout scores and was rated high among listeners-- so there was no excuse to scrap it.

Also-- if this is the last single of the era-- what a bummer way to end a great album on a low note.

amiroamor

All I can say is, after all these years, I'm just happy that I'm no longer emotionally invested in these disappointments anymore.