Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dirty Laundry" on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

tgbrinker

Super annoying - it's TINY mistakes like these that Carrie is stuck at 15 #1's on Billboard Airplay, while Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, and soon enough Dierks Bentley have/will pass(ed) Carrie in published #1's.

Aside from Mama's Song, SITW, and Somethin' Bad, the singles that barely missed out could put Carrie at, what, 20 or more? That would be in the Top 20 airplay #1's artists of all time...

CarrieAddicted

I'm extremely disappointed, frustrated, exhausted.

It's like rooting for nothing.

I'd accept a #2 here and there, like it used to be until 2012. Like, "OK, we got 3 consecutive #1s. A #2 is acceptable. Nobody can win everytime".

BUT THIS?

Ever since freaking TBC, it's been a failure.

TBC #2 - SYA #2 - SITW #3 (!!!) - LTG #2 - SmB #2 - DL #2

Awesome way to end the era.
NO Billboard 200 #1
NO Hot 100 Top 20 (not even a Top 40)
NO HCS #1
Only 2 Airplay #1s

Not to mention the sales numbers...................

I never EVER asked for a Some Hearts-sized era. But I DID ask and wanted a Blown Away-sized era. And THAT Sony could have given us. It was and still is doable.

I'm DONE.

At least the tour was amazing and beyond successful, and the album itself is her best.

Marv

Rest assured that Carrie is well ahead of ML and TS as it relates to #1 singles, and the wholesale rejecton of country radio to Swift's WANEGBT after its splashy debut and INSTATANEOUS flameout due to massive and bulletproof rejection from country radio led to her immediate removal from the format by Scott Borchetta and launching her top 40 career.

The label don't care which chart their artist hits #1 be it BB or MB and that's been the case since at least 2010 as numerous industry figures have told Lon Helton in his Country Aircheck newsletter and those of you who read it already know that

maddkat

Staff member
^ and yet SN tries hard and 99% of the time succeeds in getting the males BB #1's.
Why do they not put in the effort for Carrie?

rcramer

CarrieAddicted: You are 100% correct when saying the label is at total fault and to blame..... It is beyond comprehension and just down right wrong that they continue to do this to their Top Female Superstar...... It is so freakin ignorant........

OF course let it be one of the SN males and they get BB everytime........ Sorry IMO this is where you look at your employee and say how did this happen, it is totally unacceptable on all levels......

Thanks Sony for screwing her again..... No one can even justify the total blatant ignorance........

CarrieAddicted

^ and yet SN tries hard and 99% of the time succeeds in getting the males BB #1's.
Why do they not put in the effort for Carrie?

Because, in Sony's eyes, "Carrie doesn't need this anymore". After all, she's "the biggest country album artist to debut in the 21st century" and "the top country artist of all-time in digital single sales".
It doesn't put any effort in Carrie because "Carrie is bigger than all Sony males combined".
Sony wonders: "why invest in Carrie? She doesn't need it. Let's try to make other artists succeed".

This is what we call Marketing Myopia.

Sony will eventually ruin Carrie's career. Just watch.

And I'm not even overreacting here.

rcramer

You should never stop investing in your Cash Cow..... IF anything they should hold Carrie to a higher standard then any of their males if truth be told.......

maddkat

Staff member
Because, in Sony's eyes, "Carrie doesn't need this anymore". After all, she's "the biggest country album artist to debut in the 21st century" and "the top country artist of all-time in digital single sales".
It doesn't put any effort in Carrie because "Carrie is bigger than all Sony males combined".
Sony wonders: "why invest in Carrie? She doesn't need it. Let's try to make other artists succeed".

This is what we call Marketing Myopia.

Sony will eventually ruin Carrie's career. Just watch.

And I'm not even overreacting here.
totally agree with the bolded part

SN spent untold man hours and money the last 6 weeks trying to get Maren to the top 10.Ads in the trades for 6 weeks! Carrie gets one tiny ad for 4 days.One.Tiny.4 days.
With their obsession on other artist they got her push, such as it was, started a day late.The ad didn't even appear till Tuesday.That slow reaction probably cost her BB.

txacar

^It's only going to get worse when the new VP Marketing they got from Big Machine gets there. His focus, reportedly, to be on new/upcoming talent. (Or maybe he's already there and pushing Maren.)

CarrieAddicted

^^ amazing!!
Now super excited for CU6. The first album to produce zero Airplay #1s, the first to miss #1 on top country albums and first to fail to be certified Gold.

We are in to a treat

CarrieAddicted

On a bright note: Kelsea confirmed on twitter Yeah Boy (her upcoming 4th #1 on Billboard) is the last single from her album.
That means she won't break Shania and Carrie's record for most #1s from a female country album (4).

teesharky

that radio station updated their story

My source at her record label tells me that while she had the plays to be number one on the Billboard Country Radio Airplay chart, the weighting of the markets for the chart actually makes Blake Shelton’s “A Guy With A Girl” #1 for this week on the Billboard chart.

That is truly sickening. I despise blakes greedy team that never plays nice. Ugh what a disgrace.

Last edited:

CarrieAddicted

^ still don't get what's going on there

With me? That's called post-trauma pessimism, my friend.

I'll probably recover, but might take some time. Especially considering how big the trauma has been this era.

That is truly sickening. I despise blames greedy team that never plays nice. Ugh what a disgrace.

A disgrace, yes, but a disgrace caused by Carrie's own team, not Blake's.

cmarieu

How sad is that. They already knew because BS got number one in the week that he's going to sing at PCA. It's so unfair.

maddkat

Staff member
With me? That's called post-trauma pessimism, my friend.

I'll probably recover, but might take some time. Especially considering how big the trauma has been this era.

A disgrace, yes, but a disgrace caused by Carrie's own team, not Blake's.
no with radios loveof Ballerini.Her music isn't really palatable. Her label must make a lot of backdoor deals.

CarrieAddicted

no with radios loveof Ballerini.Her music isn't really palatable. Her label must make a lot of backdoor deals.

That's absolutely true. And proof is: it's not translating into sales whatsoever. Poor single and album sales.

Same goes to Maren. Sony's big push to get her to the Top 10 most likely will do nothing. SNL gig and CMA win both didn't work either.

DaisyTweets

Not only this but I was just thinking the other day how all the songs she's released to radio thus far so much alike -- at least in subject matter. BOYS!!! Same goes for all the songs Thomas Rhett has released to radio -- about his wife. Can you image the outrage if Carrie would've done that with her first 4 singles released to radio????

I know I'm truly sick of all the games and the obvious backdoor deals!!!!!