Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dirty Laundry" on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

Kizmet311

Oh, I hope she got the BB #1 too, but if the radio guy had an advanced chart, you would think the labels get it too.

Also, I really really really hope that after the initial promotion for The Fighter dies down, that Sony still releases a 5th single from ST. Even if we don't get a video, I want a single. She deserves it, because this album is her best yet. She can take a break (except the Grammys, of course) and come back to promote the 5th single at the ACMs.

DaisyTweets

Maybe the Billboard info hasn't been released yet. If they were closed doesn't that make sense???? All I know I'm sick and tired of Mr. BS and all his bs and mostly his attitude. And it so bugs me how he went on and on and on about how important the Opry was to him -- yeah, right so important that you NEVER appear. He's no more busy than anyone else and especially Carrie but yet she finds the time to fulfill her commitment!!!! He's such a phoney!!!!

CarrieAddicted

That's what I don't understand. He literally has nothing to gain from this. This song won't be remembered in __ amount of years. It will just be remembered towards his total number 1 stats. He really could have waited one more week.

The problem is Sony, not Blake or his label.
People here should stop blaming other artists.

Blake's label is simply doing its job to get its artist to #1. In fact, it is doing just right, pushing it and trying really hard.

Meanwhile, Sony, as usual, is playing it cool, with small and ridiculous pushes, letting everyone get ahead.
Sony doesn't know how to play this game. Everybody knows the importance of Billboard, the market's most important chart. The chart where every artist wants to be #1.

You have to be agressive in this game. Especially nowadays with so many artists out there. Sony is TOO oldschool.
Somebody here mentioned Kelsea's label strategy to get Peter Pan to #1 on BOTH the Billboard Airplay and Hot Country Songs at the same time: they knew she was going to be #1 on the Airplay, so they disccounted PP on iTunes to get sales high and be #1 on HCS. Result: she became the first woman to top both charts at the same time.
WHY Sony didn't do the same for Church Bells????

I envy Blake's label. Dude has had a imense ammount of consecutive #1s on Billboard.
I also envy Kelsea's label. Watch her get 5 #1s from her album and break Shania and Carrie's record for most #1s by a female album (4).

Kizmet311

People here should stop blaming the artist.

Blake's label is simply doing its job to get its artist to #1. In fact, it is doing just right, pushing it and trying really hard.

Meanwhile, Sony, as usual, is playing it cool, with small and ridiculous pushes, letting everyone get ahead.
Sony doesn't know how to play this game. Everybody knows the importance of Billboard, the market's most important chart. The chart where every artist wants to be #1.

You have to be agressive in this game. Especially nowadays with so many artists out there. Sony is TOO oldschool.
Somebody here mentioned Kelsea's label strategy to get Peter Pan to #1 on BOTH the Billboard Airplay and Hot Country Songs at the same time: they knew she was going to be #1 on the Airplay, so they disccounted PP on iTunes to get sales high. Result: she became the first woman to top both charts at the same time.

I envy Blake's label. Dude has had a imense ammount of consecutive #1s on Billboard.
I also envy Kelsea's label. Watch her get 5 #1s from her album and break Shania and Carrie's record for most #1s by a female album (4).

I wish they pushed harder for BB too. Like it or not, it is the chart that most people know about. And if people use Wikipedia, they are ONLY going to see her BB #1s. I'm glad it wasn't reposted here, but I saw a graphic on Twitter where someone was comparing Taylor, Miranda, and Carrie - number of singles released compared to number of #1 songs and it was all jacked up. They had Carrie as releasing 30 songs (because they took the publicized 25 #1s and added the 5 songs that didn't hit #1 on BB - that is some BAD math!) and having 25 #1s. Now, I didn't dive into Taylor and Miranda's statistics, but they only had Taylor with 4 or 5 #1s, which is highly unlikely, because if you count her HCS, Billboard Country Airplay, Mediabase Country Airplay, and Hot 100 singles, I am sure she has more than 5. If we count IYH as a #1 for Carrie from the Hot 100, then you have to count Taylor's too.

Anyway, the two different chart systems gets confusing sometimes and I know that some country labels (cough, Sony, cough) seem to be ok with just the Mediabase #1 or just a #1 on any chart (cough, SITW, cough) and then give up on getting the #1s on the other possible charts. It's frustrating. Plus, I think it may be Adam, but someone on this chart also points out that when comparing Carrie to Reba/Dolly, it only counts charts since 1991 or something like that, which eliminates a TON of Reba and Dolly's number ones from early in their career, which also isn't a fair comparison.

Now, even if you properly accounted for #1s across the main 4 charts (HCS, BB Country Airplay, Mediabase Country Airplay, and Hot 100), I think Carrie would still handily beat Taylor and Miranda, but we should still compare apples to apples. And if you go farther back than 1991, Carrie would still have a ways to go to catch Dolly and Reba. None of that, though, takes away from Carrie's incredible, amazing success. She has had a dream career. (Plus, I think if we are comparing Taylor and Carrie, you need to stop with the Red album, because after that she went full on pop and Carrie shouldn't be compared to music released to the pop charts, it's not fair).

teesharky

I have a terrible feeling now. If that chart guy knew in advance, one would think SONY would too. Unless they were asked not to post it until the chart comes out from Billboard?

CarrieAddicted

I wish they pushed harder for BB too. Like it or not, it is the chart that most people know about. And if people use Wikipedia, they are ONLY going to see her BB #1s. I'm glad it wasn't reposted here, but I saw a graphic on Twitter where someone was comparing Taylor, Miranda, and Carrie - number of singles released compared to number of #1 songs and it was all jacked up. They had Carrie as releasing 30 songs (because they took the publicized 25 #1s and added the 5 songs that didn't hit #1 on BB - that is some BAD math!) and having 25 #1s. Now, I didn't dive into Taylor and Miranda's statistics, but they only had Taylor with 4 or 5 #1s, which is highly unlikely, because if you count her HCS, Billboard Country Airplay, Mediabase Country Airplay, and Hot 100 singles, I am sure she has more than 5. If we count IYH as a #1 for Carrie from the Hot 100, then you have to count Taylor's too.

Anyway, the two different chart systems gets confusing sometimes and I know that some country labels (cough, Sony, cough) seem to be ok with just the Mediabase #1 or just a #1 on any chart (cough, SITW, cough) and then give up on getting the #1s on the other possible charts. It's frustrating. Plus, I think it may be Adam, but someone on this chart also points out that when comparing Carrie to Reba/Dolly, it only counts charts since 1991 or something like that, which eliminates a TON of Reba and Dolly's number ones from early in their career, which also isn't a fair comparison.

Now, even if you properly accounted for #1s across the main 4 charts (HCS, BB Country Airplay, Mediabase Country Airplay, and Hot 100), I think Carrie would still handily beat Taylor and Miranda, but we should still compare apples to apples. And if you go farther back than 1991, Carrie would still have a ways to go to catch Dolly and Reba. None of that, though, takes away from Carrie's incredible, amazing success. She has had a dream career. (Plus, I think if we are comparing Taylor and Carrie, you need to stop with the Red album, because after that she went full on pop and Carrie shouldn't be compared to music released to the pop charts, it's not fair).

LMAO. Even if you count only the Billboard #1s, Carrie still tops both Taylor and Miranda.
Anyway, that wasn't and isn't my point.

Of course Carrie has had a dream career, I'm not questioning it. Sony has handled her amazingly well in general. It's just these minor issues, you know?
I mean, even with her missing 6 #1s on Billboard (while topping Mediabase), she still is the woman with the most #1s in the history of the Country Airplay, which is a HUGE feat.
And even with her lately missing #1s on the HCS, she still is the woman with the most #1s on the HCS during the Nielsen era (1991-present), another huge feat.

And even with her missing Billboard #1s, her stunning Radio history is UNIQUE. I mean, girl has had ONLY #1s and #2s with her solo singles. NO ONE has that.

It's just that it seems to me that Sony isn't "investing" in Carrie like they used to? You know what I'm trying to say?
Look at how many "Sony could have pushed one more day" we have said in the past years? Not to mention the pathetic strategy to promote Storyteller.

I'm thankful for her unique, successful and huge career. It's just that she could have MORE, if Sony wanted.

maddkat

Staff member
another indication she didn't get BB

Sony Music Nashville @SonyNashville
4mCongratulations @carrieunderwood on your 4th #1 from #Storyteller!!
1f4fb.8b8b5c96cc.png
1f44f.a5c43d414f.png
1f44f.a5c43d414f.png

teesharky

Unless they are intentionally making it look better-l? I.e. 4 no1s sounds better than 3 on billboard.

Ugh so pissed off if Blake beat her.

CarrieAddicted

I feel sick to my stomach. I wanna vomit.

It's all Sony's fault.

It's not as if radio isn't playing her. It's not Blake.
It's her OWN label Sony not pushing her correctly.

It feels like a boycott from Sony itself.

Imma throw up.

gocountrymusic

People here should stop blaming other artists.

Somebody here mentioned Kelsea's label strategy to get Peter Pan to #1 on BOTH the Billboard Airplay and Hot Country Songs at the same time: they knew she was going to be #1 on the Airplay, so they disccounted PP on iTunes to get sales high and be #1 on HCS. Result: she became the first woman to top both charts at the same time.

To be clear, I wasn't blaming Blake, I just used his name in reference to his song or at least it wasn't my intention to him. Its easier than saying his label. I believe both labels played a part.

I am sick of SONY missing lots of BB #1s. BB is the major chart since the 40s, Mediabase is unknown to 90% of people, come on!

Losing another BB #1 because of that forgettable ugly song by Mr Bull**** himself just makes it worse

maddkat

Staff member
that radio station updated their story

My source at her record label tells me that while she had the plays to be number one on the Billboard Country Radio Airplay chart, the weighting of the markets for the chart actually makes Blake Shelton’s “A Guy With A Girl” #1 for this week on the Billboard chart.

CU4ever

So sickening. Stupid BS couldn't wait his turn when everyone else gets to go to number one and the song below them waits their turn. So mad and upset!

countrymusicfan15

I just read on an article over there (the main one on the front page about Ed Sheehan) that the charts will be published on Wednesday, the 18th, one day later than usual due to the holiday.