Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Dirty Laundry" on the Billboard and Mediabase Country Charts

opry051008

I think their plan was steal Carrie's #1 in Billboard this week (because you know, she is a woman) and have a second week at #1 next week in country airplay.

But why do they feel that Blake needs 2 weeks at #1. It's not going to help his album sales and he certainly doesn't need more promo that he already has.

Btw, I'm loving how well Lauren Alaina's single is doing on the charts.

CarrieAddicted

I AM SO FREAKING AND BEYOND HAPPY!!

These Country Airplay #1s have made up so much to the low sales of the singles! At least to me!

Congratulations, Carrie!!!!

CarrieAddicted

16 Billboard Country Airplay #1s

EXPANDS HER RECORD AS THE WOMAN WITH THE MOST #1s IN HISTORY OF THE COUNTRY AIRPLAY CHART!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokyiiis

So very happy about both of the 1s, Media are and Billboard but would still love for CCA to be a single. So different from anything before it for her......

simonplay

^ I want to believe that they will made a separate press release for the Billboard #1 this afternoon when Billboard made it official. I really hope so..

_adriano.

that release is generic,doesn't mention mediabase or Billboard.

Suppose we just wait till Billboard updates before we cheer or boo

It does, indeed.
"Produced by Jay Joyce and written by Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley, and Hillary Lindsey, the song tops the Mediabase country airplay chart."

maddkat

Staff member
It does, indeed.
"Produced by Jay Joyce and written by Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley, and Hillary Lindsey, the song tops the Mediabase country airplay chart."
thanks,I overlooked that.
I would say that very well might mean no BB. Which is a shame since all SN had to do was push one stinking more day.

CU4ever

thanks,I overlooked that.
I would say that very well might mean no BB. Which is a shame since all SN had to do was push one stinking more day.
Wonder if SN forgot to mention it. The site I posted was only ever wrong once, December 2015, when
Dan+Shay beat Blake by .001. Maybe the final numbers adjusted it down, but I sure hope not.

gocountrymusic

But why do they feel that Blake needs 2 weeks at #1. It's not going to help his album sales and he certainly doesn't need more promo that he already has.

Btw, I'm loving how well Lauren Alaina's single is doing on the charts.

That's what I don't understand. He literally has nothing to gain from this. This song won't be remembered in __ amount of years. It will just be remembered towards his total number 1 stats. He really could have waited one more week.

teesharky

Is it possible that SONY just didn't have the official results yet when they posted the press release? I searched Blake's press releases for a number 1 and found nothing yet.