Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E! Online - Carrie Underwood: Will She Sink or Swin in Soul Surfer?

Claire2004

Carrie Underwood: Will She Sink or Swin in Soul Surfer?

When we first heard that Carrie Underwood was going to be making her movie debut playing church youth counselor Sarah Hill in Soul Surfer, we have to admit we were a wee bit skeptical.

But after seeing this new trailer for the film about 19-year-old Bethany Hamilton (played by AnnaSophia Robb), who lost her arm in a shark attack off the coast of Hawaii, we're, well, still a wee bit skeptical. Although, in Carrie's defense, that's only because she pops up oh-so-briefly and is heard delivering just one line (albeit a pretty heartfelt one) throughout the entire clip above.
Carrie Underwood: Will She Sink or Swim in Soul Surfer? - E! Online

Cps235

Carrie will swim! This role in this film looks promising & I am sure critics are going to go easy on her since this is her first independent film. I think critics are going to admire that she started off in a small but important role & did not go for the Lead that often leads to disaster for most musicians turn actor/actress

jbrown

I think Carrie will be fine. One of the comments was from someone who saw the pre screening and said Carrie did well. So, I think people will have to watch it and make their own opinions. I will go with an open mind.

teesharky

I don't like this blog at all. SWSRN did terribly in Valentine's Day, yet E!News didn't write a blog about her sinking or swimming. Ugh. Leave Carrie alone. She will do fine. It is almost like the blogger was trying to start controversy when there is none.

pklongbeach

Yeah, but Tee, we want write up's about Carrie being in this movie.
Of course they are going to use juicy headlines to get peoples attention. But even with that every comment was positive.
The more talk the better.
To be honest I am already surprised how much attention it is getting.
I was pretty sure it was going to float by unnoticed.
That does not seem the case anymore.

Jade_kt

Does Carrie even know how to swim? :D They should have her swim in the movie :D

Last edited:

rainbow1

No, I don't believe she does. She said she likes to be in the water....but with her feet on the ground!:D

supercarriefan

I don't like this blog at all. SWSRN did terribly in Valentine's Day, yet E!News didn't write a blog about her sinking or swimming. Ugh. Leave Carrie alone. She will do fine. It is almost like the blogger was trying to start controversy when there is none.

Tee, I know you worry, but this is a positive mention of Carrie's film debut, so I don't think there is any reason not to like it. A headline like this one captures a reader's attention, and when people go on to read this blog, hopefully the positive statements will encourage a few more people to head out to see the movie when it hits theatres! I want Carrie's first film to do well, so any positive mention is a good thing to me. Nobody is trying to start controversy, and I'm not sure why it even matters whether the site blogged about Taylor. Sorrry, but I don't see any reason to even bring Taylor up in this conversation. Not everything needs to be about Taylor vs. Carrie.