Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EW poll: So far, is it better or worse without Simon?

Carrieflattsfan

These poll results don't seem all that surprising. From what I've been reading from Idol fans, it seems most people think the change in the judging panel is just what the show needed to remain fresh.

I think Steven & Jennifer are two of the best auditions to the panel, and they prove you can be constructive without being nasty. Both also seem intelligent, and incredibly compassionate.

Although I liked Simon when he was on the show, I didn't like it when both Simon and Paula left. If the producers are going to let one person go, it throws off the chemistry of the show as well.

Replacing the two judges allowed the show to start new in a sense, and I think it's great. ;)

supercarriefan

I love that the majority are saying it's better without Simon lol.
Great to see Steven Tyler getting lots of love in the second poll, too! Poor Randy just can't catch a break though.

bigbluegrl23

i actually really appreciate randy now. i LOVE steven and jlo, but they do have trouble saying no, which is understandable bc they are new. its obvious randy is there to be the old pro who knows when someone really isnt ready for this show
becca T

supercarriefan

^^^I actually like Randy more this season than I ever have before. He seems more professional.
I'm looking forward to seeing what the judges bring to the live shows...that's the real test I think.

HuiZ

Ha I love that just few months ago, people were proclaiming Idol can't survive without Simon etc etc. Now look at the poll and general reviews/feedback. ;)

AnthonyLovesCarrie

I like the new judging panel a lot more than I thought I would. Simon's little act was getting old, and honestly, he started boring me the last season or 2. I'm glad we got 2 new fresh judges, and I think J-Lo is like the new Paula, except better. And at least we have a true musician in Steven Tyler, who actually knows what he is talking about.

It seems like they're trying to force Randy into the new Simon role, which I don't like. I think Randy should just be himself. I love Randy's laugh though, it's so contagious. Although I think it may have been better if they would have gotten rid of him as well, so that way they have all new judges and can start over fresh. But I don't mind Randy too much, and at least he has chemistry with Steven and Jennifer.

I do sort of miss Kara though. I thought she was a good judge, gave good advice, and always seemed very knowledgeable. She annoyed me at times, but she was a good judge.

For next season, I wouldn't mind them adding a 4th judge again, and maybe bring Kara back or bring in another female like Shania Twain. For some reason, I also think LeAnn Rimes would make a good judge.