Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fan Ideas For Album 4: Please Post Here

epicamends

^ I think one of the reasons SH had a more cohesive feel is that practically every single song had an underlying theme of growing up/coming of age. (Which is also very relateable to Carrie's core fanbase.)

1. Wasted - growing into yourself as a person, realizing that you want to experience life to the fullest and not waste a moment.
2. Don't Forget to Remember Me - this one's pretty obvious, leaving home for the first time, following your heart and your dreams even when it's difficult.
3. Some Hearts - finding love for the first time, realizing that it's possible for her heart to find someone like that.
4. Jesus Take the Wheel - accepting Jesus as a guiding force in her life
5. The Night Before - again, pretty obvious here, the two main characters leaving home and leaving each other for the first time as they head off into the real world
6. Lessons Learned - again, pretty obvious, realizing that all the hard times she's experienced thus far have led her to who she is now
7. Before He Cheats - being wronged for the first time (perhaps by that person she had previously been so 'lucky' to find in Some Hearts?). realizing that she deserves better.
8. Starts With Goodbye - again, obvious, realizing that she must let go of a few things that she loves in order to grow as a person and discover new things
9. I Just Can't Live a Lie - figuring out who she is in a relationship, discovering whether it is worth it to stay even though they're fighting a lot or whether she has the strength to let go
10. We're Young and Beautiful - fun, summery-feel to the relationship, young love, etc.
11. That's Where It Is - falling in love, discovering what she wants in a relationship
12. Whenever You Remember - letting go of things such as old friends, but keeping in mind how important her experiences were with them and knowing that they have shaped who she has become.
13. I Ain't In Checotah Anymore - falling into a crazy new world, where she misses the things she grew up with but knows that the new experiences will also help shape her as a person

Each track is linked together with this coming of age theme. Some Hearts is definitely the most cohesive album Carrie has made. While Carnival Ride and Play On are great (and CR is actually my fave album), they are not really as cohesive, but rather a collection of great but random songs, whereas Some Hearts was a collection of great and similarly-themed songs that helped the album flow together and seem more like each song was a chapter of a book, rather than a bunch of chapters from different books.

If that makes any sense. :)

Ty

I think CR is quite cohesive as well. The songs mesh pretty well together. In my opinion cohesion doesn't mean all of the songs have to share a similar theme it just means they have to fit together. I don't really have an accurate way of explaining this but CR just feels right, in my opinon. Whereas on PO it felt like Carrie was trying to please everyone with one album and ultimately that made the album feel more like a collection of songs than one single unit.

I have a lot of 'wants' for the next album. Too tired to write it all out right now, though. :p

diva101

I think CR is quite cohesive as well. The songs mesh pretty well together. In my opinion cohesion doesn't mean all of the songs have to share a similar theme it just means they have to fit together. I don't really have an accurate way of explaining this but CR just feels right, in my opinon. Whereas on PO it felt like Carrie was trying to please everyone with one album and ultimately that made the album feel more like a collection of songs than one single unit.

I have a lot of 'wants' for the next album. Too tired to write it all out right now, though. :p

totally agree on the bolded part! There is something with Carnival ride that is Magical! Play on is great also but it doesn't have a chance against Carnival ride :) :) :)

Ty

Well, I still kinda think Play On is Carrie's best album even though it's lacking cohesion. But, IDK. My fav album is changing all of the time.

If the next album was like the country side of SH with the vocals/interpretation shown on PO that would be perfection.

carriebest

My idea:

1. Less Boy-bashing songs.
2. More love songs.
3. A full acoustic song or two.
4. Duet : Reba / Miranda
5. More country (even tho she's really country)..but i want her next album to be more CR-country than PO-country.

:)

supercarriefan

My idea:

1. Less Boy-bashing songs.
2. More love songs.
3. A full acoustic song or two.
4. Duet : Reba / Miranda
5. More country (even tho she's really country)..but i want her next album to be more CR-country than PO-country.

:)

The bolded part is interesting to me. IMO, PO has more of a country sound than CR does. CR, IMO, is a nice country pop record whereas PO is more leaning to just country with a few exceptions (Unapologize, CC, WCIS).

I'll post my wish list later :).

Carrieflattsfan

Another thing I was thinking about that I don't think anyone has mentioned:
Carrie has the vocal power & control to sing songs as well (and often times better) than what is produced on her albums. I have noticed that some of the production choices (and overuse of autotune) seems to take out a lot of the distinction in Carrie's voice.
As an example, she sings "Change" with so much character & passion live, but her vocal on the recorded track doesn't have a lot of the same character.
The same thing is true with "Last Name" & "I Told You So," and I would love it if the producers didn't mess with the natural tone and quality of Carrie's vocal so much.

bigbluegrl23

Another thing I was thinking about that I don't think anyone has mentioned:
Carrie has the vocal power & control to sing songs as well (and often times better) than what is produced on her albums. I have noticed that some of the production choices (and overuse of autotune) seems to take out a lot of the distinction in Carrie's voice.
As an example, she sings "Change" with so much character & passion live, but her vocal on the recorded track doesn't have a lot of the same character.
The same thing is true with "Last Name" & "I Told You So," and I would love it if the producers didn't mess with the natural tone and quality of Carrie's vocal so much.

i think carrie could release a completely new album totally live and still have it be amazing. it would be better actually.
becca T

mlawlor

^I agree. Carrie is the only artist I can think of that actually does sound better live than in the studio.
I would love to have Carrie sing a love song that speaks directly to the guy, like many slow hits of Shania Twain and Faith Hill did in the '90's.

Cow-1

I agree with much of what people have posted here. Though a wish that I have for this album is for Carrie and her team to really make it for her fans. What I mean is, I hope they include a super deluxe edition with extra images, footage of the making of the album, behind the scenes stuff, etc.

and

I LOVE all of Carrie's albums, but my one big disappointment with all of them is the album booklet designs. I wish there was more "Meat" to them. The Play On booklet only featured a few good pictures (Which were awesome) and some thank you's and such. I want more. I want a real good image for the album as a whole. Like a concept that is carried throughout. I think image is an important thing to include with music. Lady Gaga does a fantastic job at that as seen with her "Fame Monster" era. The images in the booklet are gothic and dark. I think a strong image to accompany music and lyrics is the best way to go.

also...Music wise...

I would love to have a cohesive album with some sort of theme. And I really hope it's not all lovey dovey since she married Mike. I don't think she would do that though since she expressed her disdain to "Look at Me's" mushiness...

I want Carrie to really focus on the lyrics this time. I hope she and her co writers can craft great stories and deep lyrics that are clever and meaningful. But of course melody is very important as well. Melodies drive a song for me. Some strong melodies like Cowboy Casanova, Quitter, Someday When I Stop Loving You, and What Can I Say really made Play On a huge success in my book!

On the first single business...

I hope it's either a mid tempo or a fun, upbeat song. I think Debut singles off an album are always great if they are fun! I also think it's really important for debut songs to set the tone for the album. Cowboy Casanova didn't really set the tone for Play On I think...It is one of my favorites of all Carrie songs, and I think a FANTASTIC first single. But I think in terms of setting up the tone of the cd, it didn't reflect all the other songs' themes and such...

Some changes...

I don't want anymore boy bashing songs. I mean I love all of Carrie's songs, but I feel like it may seem repetitive for outsiders. I also want Carrie to include some songs that are produced with a bluegrass flavor. I love hearing strings, and I think that would suit Carrie fantastically!

Wow. I am really hoping for a lot!!!! Haha. I just can't wait. I'm sure Carrie won't disappoint. Thought it's almost certain all my wishes won't come true, I'm sure she will blow me away again!

-Cow-1

undrwood9098

My idea?
Make amazing ballads like "Someday When I Stop Loving You", "Temporary Home", and "Don't Forget to Remember Me".
Make amazing power ballads like "Just a Dream", "What Can I Say?", and "Wasted".
Make amazing up-tempo songs (not just about revenge on guys), like "Crazy Dreams", "Quitter", and "I Ain't in Checotah Anymore".
Make only a couple revenge songs (that are amazing and not written with Kara DioGuardi), like "Before He Cheats" and "Cowboy Casanova".

That's my dream album from Carrie. :)

Carrieflattsfan

That's a great point about the album booklet. I wish some of the photos were a little different/ visually different than just the typical "look pretty and smile" photos in so many albums. As an example, including something like the rope photo from the PO tour booklet to spice things up a bit.:p

epicamends

^^^ I would definitely like some more bonus stuff also. If they could do bonus stuff for everyone who buys the album and then extra bonus stuff for FC members that'd be sweet. I'd like to see them be a little bit more creative in their promotion of the album (but not over-the-top and annoying like TS' promotion team).

Carrieflattsfan

^^^ I would definitely like some more bonus stuff also. If they could do bonus stuff for everyone who buys the album and then extra bonus stuff for FC members that'd be sweet. I'd like to see them be a little bit more creative in their promotion of the album (but not over-the-top and annoying like TS' promotion team).

I completely agree with including more bonus material & being more creative with marketing. But I do hate when labels include extra material, but only include it at a specific store, or only offer it for a short amount of time (as they did with the CR bonus DVD). If they include bonus material, I really hope they decide to not limit it, and keep it around for fans who can't buy the album right away.

epicamends

I completely agree with including more bonus material & being more creative with marketing. But I do hate when labels include extra material, but only include it at a specific store, or only offer it for a short amount of time (as they did with the CR bonus DVD). If they include bonus material, I really hope they decide to not limit it, and keep it around for fans who can't buy the album right away.

I agree. As a Canadian, I couldn't get the Target bonus DVD because we don't have Target here. And Walmart did an absolutely terrible job of "promoting" the Christmas edition of CR. If they do bonus stuff, they should make it available everywhere.

abbeyjones18

I have another thing: I would also like to see original songs for this album...no covers. Carrie has done great covers for her albums (Some Hearts, I Told You So, Look At Me), but I would just like to see her take a break from that and just have original songs... :) As for Kara songs (lol)...I have always liked Kara, and I wouldn't mind if Carrie wrote songs with her that appeared on future albums. I mean it's Carrie's music...I like that she's worked/working with different writers... :)