Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

rcramer

I'm not sure why it would be considered a weak song. nothing on radio is much better IMO that reaches number#1

Let's face it, radio is the one not doing anything for the song at this point. As we see in the numbers....

Zach1998

I'm not sure why it would be considered a weak song. nothing on radio is much better IMO that reaches number#1

Let's face it, radio is the one not doing anything for the song at this point. As we see in the numbers....
For an artist of Carrie’s stature. Having ur lead single currently sitting in the 150s range on country iTunes, with smaller artists ahead of you indicates a song being weak especially when the song has the exposure of being in the top 10 on radio. The same with streaming.

It’s currently hovering around the 19-20 range on hot country songs, which combines how it’s selling/streaming on top of radio. That’s very low for someone like Carrie.

rcramer

It will be interesting indeed to see how the next single will play out.... Since radio has not been that great to Carrie in sometime now...

PRGuy79

From the beginning, I wondered about the strategy of choosing the only song on the album not written by the artist as the lead single - and the one you've said reflects more on Carrie's past sound rather than the album's new direction. It just doesn't add up.

Eder Rodrigues

Youtube has lost a lot of it's views since Tik Tok and short videos become a thing. BUT, Carrie's styles of videos doesn't help either. People outside her fanbase think she's beautiful, but cheesy. Talented, but screams a lot. That's what I always hear. I just don't think she's gaining attencion with the new generation.

SpanishFan

Youtube has lost a lot of it's views since Tik Tok and short videos become a thing. BUT, Carrie's styles of videos doesn't help either. People outside her fanbase think she's beautiful, but cheesy. Talented, but screams a lot. That's what I always hear. I just don't think she's gaining attencion with the new generation.
Crazy Angels is perfect for Tiktok. If her team does it right. She is going to win a lot of fans from the young audience. GS it´s not a song for the new generation as Cry Pretty, love wings wasn´t too. Maybe Southbound make her won new audience. Not sure. But if Crazy Angels go viral in Tiktok, defenetly she is going to gain attention from the new generation. Also if her team would promo her in Spotify. We already´ve told about this. Her teams needs fresh air, this is 2022. Not 2005. They have to promo her int he streaming platforms.

Eder Rodrigues

I don't think she needs to save her career, I was just pointing that she follows a different path in terms of carrer choices, and it doesn't align with OUR expectations. The screaming part is just what other people usually says to me when I try to introduce her. They don't like her high notes and always prefer the sound where she is more contained. I don't know if I am making any sense, my English is not the best :x

Last edited:

rcramer

^^^ you made sense, but for one to think she screams is well ridiculous since she has such great control with her vocals... And her high notes IMO are what make Carrie stand head and shoulders above her peers in the industry. She is in a league of her own....

countrymusicfan15

At this rate GS might collapse before push week
And it’s scary because we’re already in the final push mode lol so I kinda think it’s just gonna hover for the next couple weeks and then maybe get a little surge toward the end of the month when it’s reaching October 2nd

Zach1998

Carrie definitely doesn’t need to save her career, she could flop from here on out and it still wouldn’t impact her career.

She could put her best for toward though, which I don’t feel like she’s been doing, with her single choices, her music videos, and her overall way to shift the way her music is consumed to focus on streaming.

While I do love this album, it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites, I hope she switches it up next era. New co writers, new co producer, new video director. I felt like she was playing it comfortable this era, just by working with people she’s always worked with, hope she tries out new people next time around, maybe this will respark some interest in her from different people, because a big argument I’ve seen from others is that while this album isn’t bad, many felt like she played it extremely safe and just stuck to her regular album formula.

Last edited:

simonplay

I don't think she needs to save her career, I was just pointing that she follows a different path in terms of carrer choices, and it doesn't align with OUR expectations. The screaming part is just what other people usually says to me when I try to introduce her. They don't like her high notes and always prefer the sound where she is more contained. I don't know if I am making any sense, my English is not the best :x
Lol this new generation is like that, they love people who can barely sing like Billie Eilish, Taylor Swift and 90% of the new "singers" and they say that vocalists like Carrie scream or lip sync.. they just can't believe someone sound so good live.. 😂

You should hang out with people with better taste! 😆