Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Glee" to go country....possible Carrie connection?

abbeyjones18

I will still watch too- because I am addicted to the show. lol

I just hope the entire episode isn't SWSRN songs. YUCK! I can bear one song, but not if they make an entire episode about her. How are they going to even make it country sounding? The cowboy hats will not fit with her music. Her music is pop.

lmao

I have a hard time imaging it would be just her songs...there are many other wonderful artists/songs out there...at least the cast of Glee is talented enough to make it work... :)

m.chill99

I would love to hear Rachel sing IKYW. She'll KILL it. But not as good as Carrie. A SWSRN song....she won't even sing. SWSRN songs aren't in Rachel's vocal range. Rachel can hit notes, hold notes, and SING!!! In SWSRN songs, you don't have any high notes or long notes which is why I don't think we'll hear a SWSRN songs. Keep that in mind people.

Gator

I have a hard time imaging it would be just her songs...there are many other wonderful artists/songs out there...at least the cast of Glee is talented enough to make it work... :)

If SWSRN will actually be singing on the show, they will have no choice but to sing her songs -- something in her very limited range.

undrwood9098

They're covering "Need You Now"?! :D I'm pretty excited for that!

I hope that they mean that just SWSRN is having a song covered, and isn't being featured on the show. I'd rather see Carrie on the show, obviously :)

jaks_weyn

I think they would be ok for You Belong with Me... It would be fitting I guess..
But if ever there is a TS song... I hope a guy sings it... Like how Teenage Dream was covered... Ehehe...
But there must be a CARRIE SONG!!!

anjulix

I think they would be ok for You Belong with Me... It would be fitting I guess..
But if ever there is a TS song... I hope a guy sings it... Like how Teenage Dream was covered... Ehehe...
But there must be a CARRIE SONG!!!

Totally agree with you! Maybe Kurt (Chris Colfer) can sing YBWM for Blaine (Darren Chris)! That would be epic, cheesy and sweet.

If they are goin to do a Carrie song, I think "Undo It" or "Before He Cheats" would be great.

teesharky

Agree. Undo It would be perfect for the show, or even Cowboy Casanova. They already did LN, but I guess BHC would be good too since it is her biggest hit.

Carrieflattsfan

EW!!! Fox should put CARRIE on there over Taylor! After all, they have a long standing relationship with CARRIE, not TAYLOR! yuck!

It is confirmed that they are singing Need You Now by Lady A, as that was all over the internet....but I am not sure which episode.

Taylor is not even Country! So how and why would they need cowboys and cowboy hats for one of her songs? It would be a joke. All of her songs are pop sounding! There is not a twang or a steel guitar to be found.

yuck. I just lost respect for one of my favorite shows. :(

You guys will probably find it ironic that I posted this thread, but I cannot stand Glee! I think it's cool they've used Carrie songs on the show though. It'd be interesting to see her act as a guest star. Taylor is a decent actress, but she has no place on a singing show, whether she actually sings or not.

Wryscelle

I like Glee but I wasn't really fond of Amber Riley's Last Name cover. I wonder how Lea would sound singing a Carrie song. That'd be interesting!

carebear4eva

Most awesome thigs that could happen
a) Carrie guest stars, singing several songs.
b) Carrie's songs are performed.
c) SWSRN guest stars, BUT, is not asked to sing at all. What better acknowledgment of the fact that the whole world knows she can't sing?

carrieultimate

I wonder if they will use mostly current country songs like Carrie, Brad, Keith, etc. or if they will use some oldies from artists like Dolly Parton, Merle Haggard, Patsy Cline, etc.?

That would be a huge accomplishment for Carrie to be on a super famous show like Glee. *fingers crossed* that maybe she will be on the show!

m.chill99

^^ They're probably gonna do oldies. After all, don't they always? But they always do the awesome oldies. But I think that they should squeeze in some modern country.