Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Glee" to go country....possible Carrie connection?

undrwood9098

Just what we didn't want. :p

tumblr_lflncase1m1qc887qo1_500.jpg

jaks_weyn

I hope they use songs of REAL Country artists...
Hmmm...If Kristine Chenoweth (hope I spelled correctly) will be there, surely we'll have a Carrie Song...
I have a feeling if there is a Carrie song, they would be using a sassy song (BHC, CC or UI) and Rachel will be singing it... Or if a boy's version, maybe Finn...
Or they will use ITYS... It's perfect also... It'd be weird if they use JAD or AAG...
They can use DFTRM if someone's going to leave or SS if there something inspirational...
JTTW... I don't think they'd use it... Wasted... I don't think so... I can't find anyone who can do a good rendition of this song...
HOPEFULLY, WE WILL HEAR A CARRIE SONG!!! :D

Claire2004

I wonder which SWSRN song they are going to use that will be challenging enough for Lea Michele? I cannot imagine Rachel Berry singing Love Story lol.

diva101

why am I not surprise about the TS thing?
Maybe they can't tackle a Carrie song 'cause, I dunno, maybe it's hard? lol :)

HuiZ

Isn't Taylor's "Mine" supposed to be about Cory Monteith (Finn)? Maybe they're covering that :p

HuiZ

I wonder which SWSRN song they are going to use that will be challenging enough for Lea Michele? I cannot imagine Rachel Berry singing Love Story lol.
I think Rachel singing Love Story would probably sound like when she sang "Hit Me Baby One More Time"...... weird lol (imo)

Taylor's song with more range?.... Hmmm.... Enchanted (from current album) I think.

abbeyjones18

Just what we didn't want. :p

tumblr_lflncase1m1qc887qo1_500.jpg

Right now, this does sound like a rumour...whatever songs that they do sing, they will sing it well because this cast is very talented! Even though Carrie's songs sound challenging, I do think that the cast can handle them, if they do sing Carrie songs...

pklongbeach

No doubt the cast could handle Carrie songs. And there are a few that could be used.
TS songs are actually very appropriate for the show as they are so "teen angst" drivien. And the singers on the show would sing them well enough to actuallly elivate them.
It's just not country. They are doing a country episode and not using country music.
Maybe it will be a simple "sequence", like LN. And they will use a TS song as a juxtaposition to the over-exagerated country scene.
They always do a great job, and TS music is perfect for the show.
But it continues to be frustrating that the fact that TS is on a country label, that somehow suggests she is a country artsit.
She is nothing of the kind. And if they were going to do a country episode they should have chosen country artists. Not ts.
The country industry and country radio really need to recognize that TS is not helping them. She is polorizing peoples opinions of country music more than she is honoring it.

supercarriefan

It might not be Lea Michele tackling a Taylor song...could be another cast member. Although like Huiz said, Lea did do a Britney song lol. The unfortunate thing I find about powerful singers like Lea singing songs by artists like Taylor/Britney/Katy types is that they often sound like they are over-singing when it actuality they aren't lol...they are actually showing what the song should have sounded like in the first place!

They have cast members that are certainly capable of tackling a Carrie song. Lea Michele, Amber Riley, and Chris Colfer would all sound good singing Carrie. I would love to hear Lea or Chris sing a Carrie ballad, while Amber would rock BHC or UI with a perfect sassy attitude lol!

Isn't Taylor's "Mine" supposed to be about Cory Monteith (Finn)? Maybe they're covering that :p

This would make me laugh so hard! I was actually thinking about this when the talk first started about Mine being about Cory. I also wouldn't think Taylor would have a problem with clearing all her songs for Glee. It would be funny to have Lea sing it about Cory on the show lol!

If TS songs aren't challenging for normal people, then theres no way that they'd be challenging for such gifted people. Its a shame its not a Carrie one, that would be so much fun to hear

teesharky

EW!!! Fox should put CARRIE on there over Taylor! After all, they have a long standing relationship with CARRIE, not TAYLOR! yuck!

It is confirmed that they are singing Need You Now by Lady A, as that was all over the internet....but I am not sure which episode.

Taylor is not even Country! So how and why would they need cowboys and cowboy hats for one of her songs? It would be a joke. All of her songs are pop sounding! There is not a twang or a steel guitar to be found.

yuck. I just lost respect for one of my favorite shows. :(

m.chill99

EW!!! Fox should put CARRIE on there over Taylor! After all, they have a long standing relationship with CARRIE, not TAYLOR! yuck!

It is confirmed that they are singing Need You Now by Lady A, as that was all over the internet....but I am not sure which episode.

Taylor is not even Country! So how and why would they need cowboys and cowboy hats for one of her songs? It would be a joke. All of her songs are pop sounding! There is not a twang or a steel guitar to be found.

I don't think you should. After all, they did sing Last Name and they did feature Home Sweet Home as background music in one of their episodes.

teesharky

They already tackled a Carie song-- they did Last Name last season I think. And they played Carrie's version of Home Sweet hiome.

But Carrie has never been on the show yet. I hope Taylor doesn't get to go on the show! ugh!

How could FOX do this to Carrie? hate them now.

teesharky

I don't think you should. After all, they did sing Last Name and they did feature Home Sweet Home as background music in one of their episodes.

yeah but they haven't had Carrie on the actual show yet as a guest star. They had lots of others though. IF SWSRN gets to be on the show as a guest, I will be so pissed.

abbeyjones18

It's the Super Bowl one...already knew about Need You Now...I think posted the article in the Lady A thread. They could still be singing a Carrie song...."Hear on the grapevine" still sounds like a rumour to me...I'll still watch...I'm a Gleek, so I'll go crazy if I miss it!! :D

teesharky

PS- I hope Leah sings one of SWSRN's songs and blows it out of the water, because she will make Taylor look that much more pathetic as a vocalist. We will finally hear a SWSRN song sung on key! lol

teesharky

It's the Super Bowl one...already knew about Need You Now...I think posted the article in the Lady A thread. They could still be singing a Carrie song...."Hear on the grapevine" still sounds like a rumour to me...I'll still watch...I'm a Gleek, so I'll go crazy if I miss it!! :D

I will still watch too- because I am addicted to the show. lol

I just hope the entire episode isn't SWSRN songs. YUCK! I can bear one song, but not if they make an entire episode about her. How are they going to even make it country sounding? The cowboy hats will not fit with her music. Her music is pop.

lmao

abbeyjones18

They already tackled a Carie song-- they did Last Name last season I think. And they played Carrie's version of Home Sweet hiome.

But Carrie has never been on the show yet. I hope Taylor doesn't get to go on the show! ugh!

Yes, Carrie has FOX connections, and it makes all the sense in the world to have Carrie as a guest star. They have used two of Carrie's songs, and could use even more. Maybe Carrie is busy??? WHO KNOWS???!!! As far as I'm concerned, this is still a rumour, and should be treated as one.

m.chill99

yeah but they haven't had Carrie on the actual show yet as a guest star. They had lots of others though. IF SWSRN gets to be on the show as a guest, I will be so pissed.

If they do, I am no longer a Gleek! So will my friends, they hate SWSRN SO MUCH!

supercarriefan

The Superbowl Episode.

There is no need to hate Fox just because there is speculation Glee is using a Taylor song. They have already done a Carrie song, and may do more Carrie songs in the future. There is also no evidence that Taylor is going to be on the show. Furthermore, they are allowed to do songs by other artists that are considered country...it doesn't mean they have something against Carrie.
Fox is really good to Carrie!