Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Hits, Decade 1 album sales (week 1)

adam1995

Three years later, we have a diamond in the rough (actually 9X platinum).

[FONT=&]

Roughstock:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Hey Y'all, we've got another #Top20 Country Albums Chart for you. This chart, compiled from the #Billboard200 chart, even includes Total consumption numbers! @carrieunderwood fans will like the update, as will many other fans who like chart updates! Link:
[/FONT]

Top 20 Most-Consumed Country Albums: July 9, 2018 | RoughStock[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

But I don't think that's actually how RIAA certifies greatest hits albums. Zac Brown Band's greatest hits has sold under 500,000 copies, yet he says it will be eligible for 7x platinum. I don't think that's how they'll certify that. It seems he is combining all the streams from songs that appear on that album, and since it's a greatest hits album most of the streaming probably occurred before the album was released, as the songs appeared on previous albums. I would think unless people are streaming directly from the greatest hits album, the streams would not get counted on the greatest hits, but towards the original album they appeared on. I could be totally wrong, but it just seems we'd see a ton of greatest hits albums getting massive updates for certifications.

I thought they were initially talking about "Some Hearts", because that should probably be 9x platinum by now. I just wouldn't bank on the RIAA certifying greatest hits 9x platinum.

txacar

^Thanks for the addn'l input. I agree. I tried to break it down (unsuccessfully). Oh, well. It looks good, anyway. When I saw the headline I thought they meant SH, too.

adam1995

^Thanks for the addn'l input. I agree. I tried to break it down (unsuccessfully). Oh, well. It looks good, anyway. When I saw the headline I thought they meant SH, too.

We could break it down, and would probably get those numbers, but, yeah I don't think he's correct. Unless he meant "Some Hearts".

maddkat

Staff member
But I don't think that's actually how RIAA certifies greatest hits albums. Zac Brown Band's greatest hits has sold under 500,000 copies, yet he says it will be eligible for 7x platinum. I don't think that's how they'll certify that. It seems he is combining all the streams from songs that appear on that album, and since it's a greatest hits album most of the streaming probably occurred before the album was released, as the songs appeared on previous albums. I would think unless people are streaming directly from the greatest hits album, the streams would not get counted on the greatest hits, but towards the original album they appeared on. I could be totally wrong, but it just seems we'd see a ton of greatest hits albums getting massive updates for certifications.

I thought they were initially talking about "Some Hearts", because that should probably be 9x platinum by now. I just wouldn't bank on the RIAA certifying greatest hits 9x platinum.
agree.I don't think roughstocks numbers mean anything as they don't seem to understand how certification works.